Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
4th of July Fireworks & Aliens!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aliens?
  Sure, why not.
  Oh yeah, right next to Big Foot, Loch Ness, Santa Clause, and Jesus.
  They're people from the future, I tell ya, THE FUTURE!!!
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:47 am
User Image
For those who don't want to read the story, this thread is about whether you think Aliens are likely, visit earth, and what they look like.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dathu
So my exgirlfriend calls me out of no where. Turns out, her boyfriend is sick and she can't get anyone to go see her town's firework show with her. I agree and we go. While laying on a blanket in the grass next to dozens of other people, waiting to see the fireworks, I see a shooting star. She'd never seen one before so I explain the the big flash was probably a small explosion caused by the heat from entering the atmosphere. I pointed out that the tail was lengthening which meant it was breaking up.

But then it stopped. As in 'froze in the air'.

We both got quiet. It then began to change course, rather sharply, left, down, right, down, etc. I commented "Well, shooting stars don't change course. Planes can't make sharp turns, nor speed up and slow down instantly." Another long pause. So I said "You know what that is don't you?"

"NO, no that's not it! It's a satellite!"

"It's not that dark. We shouldn't be able to see a satellite at this hour. And since when do satellites enter the atmosphere?" We argued for a bit, until numerous people around us noticed it too. It was quite the talk for a long time, but the one thing we all agreed on was that it stopped moving once the fireworks began.

So this year I got to spend my 4th of July with some unexpected friends. I'm not 100% sure of what it was, but lets put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if it was, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

User Image
Aliens, satellites, or someone spiked our drinks with acid?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:37 am
Ooh. Aliens. Always fun.
Ooh. Ex-Girlfriends. Not so fun.
Ooh. Fireworks. Sometimes repetative, usually fun.  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:22 am
Very interesting. You weren't abducted, were you? o.O
I wonder what it really was...or maybe it was aliens

*X-files theme plays in background*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:44 am
Maybe the alien in the ship was sitting on a blanket with his ex-girlfriend, waiting for the show to begin.  

puresilver

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:50 am
Maybe the WAR OF THE WORLDS is beginning and that's just the forst. *ominous John Williams piece begins playing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:53 pm
puresilver
Maybe the alien in the ship was sitting on a blanket with his ex-girlfriend, waiting for the show to begin.

That's what we joked about. We said it was a family coming to see the fireworks, but they were fighting over where the best spot was, hense the sharp turns.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

E_Night

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:58 pm
Neato... maybe her b-boy got jealous and sent a group of aliens to atack you and then they saw the fire works and wanted to watch. Then forgot why they came their for and left?

Where do you live? I hear their are many alien siteings in mexico and the lower states. I so believe in UFOs!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:52 pm
Eternalnight666
Neato... maybe her b-boy got jealous and sent a group of aliens to atack you and then they saw the fire works and wanted to watch. Then forgot why they came their for and left?

Where do you live? I hear their are many alien siteings in mexico and the lower states. I so believe in UFOs!

I live in an Indiana suburb of Chicago. We're not too far from a big air port so there are always lots of moving lights in the sky. This was the first time I saw something that....unexplainable. But, as I said, I wouldn't be surprised either way. I don't doubt there's life out there, inteligent or not, but whether or not they'd come here I'm not so sure about.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

puresilver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:51 am
Dathu
puresilver

That's what we joked about. We said it was a family coming to see the fireworks, but they were fighting over where the best spot was, hense the sharp turns.

I could just see that:

Alien Mother- Pull over here, Oslemufn!
Alien Father- We'll be able to see better over there.
Alien Mother- Are you sure we're even in the right place? Why don't we pull over and ask one of those nice earthlings for directions?
Alien Father- I know where I'm going, Slidklgorp!
Alien Mother- Yeah, that's what you said when we were over in Italy! Remember what happened then?
Alien Father- I tell you that tower came out of nowhere!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:46 am
puresilver
Dathu
puresilver

I could just see that:

Alien Mother- Are you sure we're even in the right place? Why don't we pull over and ask one of those nice earthlings for directions?
Alien Mother- Yeah, that's what you said when we were over in Italy! Remember what happened then?

Heh.
Alien Father- But what about that time I let you drive over Greece?
Alien Mother- No one really misses Atlantas anyway...  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:15 pm
[_caustic_]

I feel sorry for Dathu's a**... really...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:47 pm
Lock The Cards
[_caustic_]

I feel sorry for Dathu's a**... really...

Ooooooh no! There was none of that! And if there was, I'd be giving it just as much as I'd be taking it.

Uh...yeah!

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:39 pm
... you wanna go probe, Dathu? xDD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
I see you've witnessed my pen pal, Earl. I invited him over for the forth of July.  

[Satan]

puresilver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:15 pm
mrtommyos
puresilver
Dathu
puresilver

I could just see that:

Heh.
Alien Father- But what about that time I let you drive over Greece?
Alien Mother- No one really misses Atlantas anyway...

Alien Mother- And besides, I'm not the one who crashed and threw of the entire planet's climate!
Alien Father- It was just a little ice age!  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff