Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Where to find... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like more of Kaori Yuki's mangas to be licensed?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 53 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 60

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:02 am
since only one of Yuki-san's series has been licensed, Angel sanctuary, we have to get our favorite mangas through scanlations. The "main" site for that must be www.sakura-crisis.net. There you can find Count Cain, Boys Next Door and many others. If you know more places where one can find scanlations, translations, pictures or fun stuff, please post here and tell us!^^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:07 am
You asked for it: blaugh
http://www.angelsword.net/index.php?rubrique=yuki&rsub=biblio&lang=en
http://hometown.aol.de/novaspes/
http://wire-d.net/kyg/
http://coco.raceme.org/literature/angelsanctuary/englishindex.php
http://www.comiku.com/anime/ky/kygallery1.html
http://www.hiddencache.com/cain/
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/4233/yuki.html

And here is a place to get scans for Neji:
http://www.omanga.net/

Here's a translation of Gravel Kingdom and Stonehenge:
http://technounion.tripod.com/sareki1.txt

YaminoSadame

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:05 pm
The best site to find pictures, but unfortunately also the most tempremental (sp?)...

Angelic Voice

It's a brilliant site... But unfortunately, it only works when it feels like it. Currently, all my attempts just give me a 'Cannot Find Server' page.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:26 pm
For those wanting to order the Angel Sanctuary Manga in English (don't know if anyone out there besides me is doing this): Sources from the all-seeing, all-knowing Voice From Above (aka Sai-kun :3):

Viz

AnimeNation

I found AnimeNation cheaper because I didn't care that it wasn't shipped as fast. Hope this helps ^^  

Sarielle

Healer

Cain_Hargreaves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:52 am
On one hand, I would like to see more of her works 'officially' translated, but I'd hope that whoever gets their hands on it would do a good job. There are some mangas out there that have stayed very true to the original japanese, and others that just plain suck. <_<;

Viz has done a fairly good job with AS so far. . .haven't seen many mistakes. If they picked up another one of her works, I don't think I'd complain. Not unless it was just. . .completely trashed.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:22 am
If you know French, then all of Angel Sanctuary has already been released in it. Neiji supposedly has also been released in French, but I can't find it anywhere except for sites that ship directly from France which is EXPENSIVE! eek so I've been trying to find them in local bookstores and stuff, but it's not easy... I'm still missing the last two volumes of Angel Sanctuary... Talk about the cliffhangers! crying

But I think they can be ordered from www.tonkamshop.com or something close to that... Be warned of the huge shipping charge, though.  

RionaDaidouji

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:43 am
Cain_Hargreaves

Viz has done a fairly good job with AS so far. . .haven't seen many mistakes. If they picked up another one of her works, I don't think I'd complain. Not unless it was just. . .completely trashed.

I HIGHLY disagree with this statement. The translations aren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but the print quality is horrid and keeps getting worse. I really don't want VIZ to get more of Yuki-sensei's works. Del Ray has a good print quality and decent translations, but VIZ (and Tokyo Pop for that matter) can't seem to get good print qualities.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:11 am
YaminoSadame
Cain_Hargreaves

I HIGHLY disagree with this statement. The translations aren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but the print quality is horrid and keeps getting worse. I really don't want VIZ to get more of Yuki-sensei's works. Del Ray has a good print quality and decent translations, but VIZ (and Tokyo Pop for that matter) can't seem to get good print qualities.

Any English manga I've seen has bad print quality.

That's why I love French manga. *huggles her French manag collection*  

RionaDaidouji

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:12 am
RionaDaidouji
YaminoSadame
Cain_Hargreaves

That's why I love French manga. *huggles her French manga collection*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:14 pm
RionaDaidouji
YaminoSadame
Cain_Hargreaves

That's why I love French manga. *huggles her French manag collection*

yes, VIZ soundeffects are so ugly!! if they can't make it look good, then they should leave them in japanese. i prefer them to be that way, cause then the picture remains as the artist had thought it to be.
and i am so jealous of the bigger european countries! gonk both france and germany has a giant sortiment of manga titles1  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:32 pm
US manga companies are cheap. They spend very little on things like the print quality and charge fans alot for the poor quality.

French manga are better? Hmmm......how expensive are they?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:52 pm
YaminoSadame
Cain_Hargreaves

I can never tell differences in print quality. crying ;; I guess it's both a blessing and a curse.  

Cain_Hargreaves

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:36 am
I'm the same as Cain, can never exactly tell...never even noticed it. The only thing that kind of bothered me with Viz's translation was (maybe it's just me) Zaphkiel. I think they translated it to Zaphikel or something...hmm. Maybe I'm losing it....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:15 am
Rei_Kazeko
I'm the same as Cain, can never exactly tell...never even noticed it. The only thing that kind of bothered me with Viz's translation was (maybe it's just me) Zaphkiel. I think they translated it to Zaphikel or something...hmm. Maybe I'm losing it....

Hmmm... one must remember that they were translated from whatever KY had in mind to Japanese, and then to English. So there's likely to be plenty of different spellings of the same name. Such as 'Riff'='Lief' despite KY herself pointing that particular mistake out... And as far as AS goes, I think she's going more for the 'el' sound at the back of the names for the typical angel-sounding names, so...  

Shura Yukihime

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:12 pm
Shura Yukihime
Rei_Kazeko

Hmmm... one must remember that they were translated from whatever KY had in mind to Japanese, and then to English. So there's likely to be plenty of different spellings of the same name. Such as 'Riff'='Lief' despite KY herself pointing that particular mistake out... And as far as AS goes, I think she's going more for the 'el' sound at the back of the names for the typical angel-sounding names, so...

yeah, that's how I thought that Zaphkiel's name seemed wrong because of the way most of the angels' names ended in 'el' even Lucifer...sorta. Eh, but I know, sometimes the translation of names is kinda off...although it always bugs me...wish it didn't....  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff