Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Teens-4-Christ: Senselessness within a contradiction Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:01 pm
"A refuge for Christian teens and preteens to communicate"

www.teens-4-christ.org

I'd like anyone here to take a look at this site and tell me if it isn't the most ridiculous thing they've ever seen. If it's not apparent just from the sheer number of quotes on FSTDT, the site owners themselves have SKEDADDLED PAST reason, past common sense, past Christian PRINCIPLES even, to create what has become one of the most notorious sites of "fundiedom" in internet history.

Please visit the site in order to understand what I mean, exactly.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:24 pm
i looked at it for litteraly 2 seconds and closed it off. it looked pathetic.  

MeiGoddess

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:02 am
Very few christians follow the basic lining of their religion. Its all gotten so over mixed with bias, prejudice, racism, sexism, you name its ******** it stuff. Same goes for a lot of religions. Sadly.

And holy mother of Bob. Thats a scary site. In my biology class, theres this kid whose for the Christ Crusade or something. Hes a nice kid, but... Yeah, kinda... Well, first off, I'm surprised he's a biology major, just cause he doesn't seem like he would like it much. Like, when we were talking about evolution and stuff, he seemed nervous and unsettled. But my teacher has a lot of good points to evolution. Shes so funny. Anyways, but yeah.... I forgot where I was going with that story... DAMN IT! Talking about semes and ukes with my friend is not helpful to the meaningful thought process...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:36 am
Their homosexuality topic made me angry. "lol let's boycott wal-mart because they are being tolerant of gay people!".

Usually, in religious or even issue-based discussions, I can see where people are coming from and why they think certain things even if I don't personally agree. But I still don't understand what's so wrong about gay people. It's picking and choosing which parts of the bible to follow, they don't stone people to death any more but they'll talk about "curing" gay people?

Muaethia

sora987

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:36 pm
Wow...I just looking at that website makes my eyes want to bleed. stressed I looked at some of the responses people gave and it made me sick and angry at the same time. Many of the folks who participate in those topics seem like the racist jackasses I hate and try my best to avoid. How the hell can you be so ignorant and intolerant of others who don't think and act like yourself?! Isn't christianity supposed to be about love and acceptance for your fellow man? mad I guess back when I went to church I was just hearing things. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:57 pm
Is it just me or is the website very disorganized? It's not easy to find your way around.

Sanguvixen

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:09 pm
Their webmaster needs to stop doing acid while watching a cotton candy machine. That site is a terror to the eyes.

And I can't put myself though s**t like that, these days - having grown up in fundiedom, I know damn well how deep and dark their disturbing thoughts and actions go.

Like with any other irritating religious presence, it's a good mix of cherrypicked fairy tales, local cultural biases and a bit of externalized self-hatred that pushes these fundies to such disgusting actions.

By the way, any adult who encourages the joining of that site or promotes it is just a hair away from mental abuse of children.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:37 am
MeiGoddess
i looked at it for litteraly 2 seconds and closed it off. it looked pathetic.

I did about the same thing, except I took 10 seconds at most.

Dark_lord_15

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:46 am

Yes, the site was very disorganized.

Basically, this is a Christian website who shut out people of their own religion. For example, reading through the rules.

Rules of Site

All posts contrary to the doctrinal beliefs this site was founded on are subject to being deleted at the discretion of management. We do not restrict people from other Christian denominations from posting - but we do not subscribe to ANY of the teachings of the modern Charismatic or neo-evangelical beliefs. Any posts supporting beliefs contrary to "What we believe" will be deleted...may result in banning of the poster.

That shows that they will only accept people who see the way they do, not wanting other people from other Christian denominations to come in. This shows arrogance for what they believe is true, and it shows insecurity that they fear that someone could change the minds of their followers.

Rules of Site

Teens-4-Christ is a King James Version Bible site.....please use King James Scripture when posting Scripture reference. failure to do so will result in the editing or deleting of your post. Your account may also be deleted or banned.

There are many versions of the bible, and many churches have moved to a version known as the "New Kings James Version." It is easier to understand. So, how about those groups who have not read the KJV? They are exploited from their own kind; again, I see arrogance.

Rules of Site

God's Word (The KJV Bible) is the final authority on all matters.

Again, KJV is not the only one out there. It was the first version to be printed in english, but since that time many versions have come out. The NKJV has the same message as the KJV, but in an easier to understand format. But, what about such version as the NIV? Many Christians do not accept that version, claiming that it changes the meaning of the Bible.

And then they attacked D&D in a forum, claiming that it was sinful. Someone commented that the Devil weaves his way in through games, and that made me giggle. All they are are games, and if people can't see that that's ALL they are, they really need to seek some help.

Then there was the forum about saying the word, "stink." It was decided that word could take the place of "s**t" in many situations, and should not be said. Again, I giggled.

This site really is a load of BS.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:56 pm
Yama-Ichi, you're made of awesome and win.

What a delicious dissection and disposal of the site. You warm the cockles of my shriveled, black heart.  

Theophrastus

Game Phreak Zero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:28 pm
This site does seem a bit ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:38 pm
This was in one about trolls.

Quote:
While he/she tries to present himself as a skeptic looking for truth ... his messages usually sound as if it is the responsibility of other forum members to provide evidence to refute his/her claims.

Perhaps, even though english is my native language, I may be reading this wrong. I don't know, reading comprehension isn't my greatest strength.

But the way I see it, they are saying trolls want the other person to prove them wrong.

... correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not one of the, if not the only, point of debating?  

Ruminating Skeptic

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:19 am
Now there you go thinking about things, again.

You know how they hate that.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:24 am
That site's a trainwreck. I literally looked at it for an hour. And, typical of me, I went straight to the political section. Big ******** mistake. I need to go read some Richard Dawkins and get my common sense back. crying  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

LadyDarcia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:19 pm
I've got a site that's even better...

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]