Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Words of Idiocy: "Creationism is pure fact" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"Creationism is pure fact"
  ...Wow.
  ...<sarcasm>TOTALLY</sarcasm>
  SPORK MY EYES OUT!
View Results

freak0592

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:39 pm
I'm sad....I found this on fstdt.com after reading Bladed Alchemist's topic....

"Creationism is pure fact... Our kids are being brainwashed by people who have no grip of reality. Reality is a world where athiests and those who support evolution surely dont live. It is ashamed at how kids are lied to being told that they evolved from a monkey... Evolution is one of the biggest frauds of our time. It truly is so sad how people are so far from reality. If you want to live in lala land then go ahead but there are some of us who choose to be in tune with reality. The reality is found in Genesis... It will do you some good if you just trust what it says as pure fact. Evolution comes from pure ignorance to the facts of how we got here."

OKAY! I JUST WANTED TO STOP READING AFTER THE FIRST LINE: "Creationism is pure fact"....WHAT A LOAD OF s**t! The entire thing is s**t! I wanna rip out my eyes just from reading this... SERIOUSLY! SOMEONE GIVE ME A SPORK!

....And they even spelled "atheist" wrong...I SWEAR they know what they are talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:25 pm
freak0592
I'm sad....I found this on fstdt.com after reading Bladed Alchemist's topic....

"Creationism is pure fact... Our kids are being brainwashed by people who have no grip of reality. Reality is a world where athiests and those who support evolution surely dont live. It is ashamed at how kids are lied to being told that they evolved from a monkey... Evolution is one of the biggest frauds of our time. It truly is so sad how people are so far from reality. If you want to live in lala land then go ahead but there are some of us who choose to be in tune with reality. The reality is found in Genesis... It will do you some good if you just trust what it says as pure fact. Evolution comes from pure ignorance to the facts of how we got here."

OKAY! I JUST WANTED TO STOP READING AFTER THE FIRST LINE: "Creationism is pure fact"....WHAT A LOAD OF s**t! The entire thing is s**t! I wanna rip out my eyes just from reading this... SERIOUSLY! SOMEONE GIVE ME A SPORK!

....And they even spelled "atheist" wrong...I SWEAR they know what they are talking about.

yes it is a load of bull...  

[fi]ona

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:30 pm
all idiots say...
The reality is found in Genesis... It will do you some good if you just trust what it says as pure fact. Evolution comes from pure ignorance to the facts of how we got here."

scream scream Oh gosh. That really pisses me off. I'm lost for words. Give me a minute, and I'll post what I really think about that. scream scream

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:40 pm
Wow
that's pure ignorance neutral

Sanddru

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Trust me. I've tried reading Genesis and it is very far from fact. I would be convinced to worship Ra the sun god before I'd be convinced that Genesis and creationism is even close to fact.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:00 pm
*responding to the person who wrote the topic* THE TRUTH IS, u just don't want to admit u are a monkey, 'cause u thought u're all smart and stuff just because u can use sticks of metal and write on pieces of wood.  

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

freak0592

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:41 pm
I agree with Sparker! People just don't wanna admit the truth...we are 2 chromosomes away from being chimps! We. Are. Animals.!.!.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:59 pm
Why didn't the poll include a "******** you, Creationists. ******** you." option?

Still, being incensed is great, just let it motivate you to make a move, a statement, an action against that kind of thought.

The biggest reason fallacies and fairy tales pervade our society is because, for no valid reason, religion enjoys a protected status.

If someone has a right to tell me Tom Goes to the Mayor sucks, Evangelion sucks, Orwell sucks or Modest Mouse sucks, I have every right to tell them their pitiful sky-high playmate sucks. And I will take every opportunity thereafter to explain precisely why.  

Theophrastus

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:13 pm
Bertrand Russell
If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion, provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age, or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

I think that fits so well here. Since the notion of Creationism cannot be DISproven according to these people, it must be fact.

Sorry for the length. That Russell had a tendency to drag on.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:26 pm
Abusive Mana
Wow
that's pure ignorance neutral

Wow, someone's a big fan of Hikaru Utada.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

hachimitsugirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:13 am
Reading that makes me hurt.

(*amanda clutches at heart and slumps over)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:45 pm
Wow... talk about narrow minded people. Read my last post in the Flaws of Religion Thread if you want to know my thoughts on Creation.

History has shown that nothing natural has been created intelligently, everything has come from some form of an unnatural design  

Arios V

Ruminating Skeptic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:41 pm
rofl that is too good.

So were they born stupid, or did they have to study? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:27 pm
'no grip of reality'
Wow. someone needs a few pills. This person is a really stubborn and ignorant loser.!
'reality is found in genesis'
ITS A FREAKING BOOK! ARE YOU GONNA TRUST A FAIRYTALE ON HOW THE HUMAN WAS CREATED? GET A LIFE!
'pure fact'
Some people think that the bible is like, the only truth out there.
I think its the same as those gossip magazines you get every sunday, a bunch of stories crafted together for your entertainment  

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

Cirosan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:23 pm
Oh, the author of that article made a typo. I'm in a good mood, so I'll correct it.

fstdt.com
Creationism is pure opinion.

Fixed it.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out