Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Episodes in languages other than English or Japanese... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the original the best?
  Of course!
  Something else...
View Results

hyrdatas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:31 pm
1) In curiosity, has anyone watched YGO in Arabic or Farsi? Because it would be appropriate no?

2) Out of the versions you've heard, what is the best/most interesting/strangest/worst?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 pm
I've seen a little bit of YUU*GI*OU in German and the opening in Italian... I like watching anime dubs in German because they don't censor as much at American dubs plus I can understand a good amount of it. But of course, I almost always prefer the originals over dubs. ^^  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Somie Lyn

5,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 pm
I've seen it in spanish :O . The sound quality sucks neutral . Also since the same voice actors keep making the voices for various shows you can sometimes hear Goku, Yugi, and Ash, and some of the digi-destined talking at the same time xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm
I've seen it in Spanish, German and French.

Even though I am German, that one was a bit scary. Yami no Malik's German voice was one of the most creepy things I have ever heard. o__O;  

Akila_Ishtar

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:47 pm
Well, I've heard Yuugiou in French. ^-^ It was kinda cool actually, but they talked so fast! (At least, it sounded fast to me. xDD)
Anyway, I didn't watch a whole episode. Just a little bit 'cause I was interested in what they sounded like in other languages. ^^

@Akila: Now I want to hear the German version! xD;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:26 pm
I've seen it in English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese(Is that the language?), and also that weird Taiwanese English dub.

In everything that you can hear the 4kids music track in the background, Yami Malik sounds like he's a chain smoker eek

...I wonder if YGO was ever dubbed into Arabic, Farsi, or any African language?  

hyrdatas

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:36 am
*sigh* Probably not. It'd be cool though. I also wanted to hear Malik actually speak his native tounge... but NOO he's always speaking damn Japanese or English...

Darn him. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:33 pm
Wait, that English dub was actually from Singapore. I actually kinda liked it, despite how Atemu sounds like SonicXD  

hyrdatas

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:39 pm
Deathparasol
I've seen it in English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese(Is that the language?), and also that weird Taiwanese English dub.

In everything that you can hear the 4kids music track in the background, Yami Malik sounds like he's a chain smoker eek

...I wonder if YGO was ever dubbed into Arabic, Farsi, or any African language?

Yes, Portuguese is a language. XD And I doubt it's been dubbed into Arabic, because I have a friend who lives in Saudi Arabia, and she says that most of the anime they get there is in English.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:47 am
ya I've seen it in arabic ( season 1,2,3 and 4) and yugioh gx the 1st season
also English and Japanese .  

IOLITE KAIBA

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:29 am
I've seen the German one, but that's about it.

Oh and the Italian opening is on my mp3 player. <3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:22 pm
YUU*GI*OU Italian opening FTW! O:  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Shizuka Angel

Perfect Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:04 am
I've seen some of the German dub of Yu-Gi-Oh, the actors are all pretty good EXCEPT Serenity's actor. I hate Serenity's german voice, she sounds too old!
I've also seen the movie in Hebrew, it was pretty cool!

I've also seen that Asian-English dub! Man I want DvD's of that!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:11 am
Ah, well, for the people who haven't seen the Singaporean dub, here are two links: Candellings, LiL2AsN

My cousin and I are in charge of the ones at DailyMotion. And...well, the store we were buying the VCDs from ran out, sorry to say.

Warning: The Ishtars are girls. xp  

Chiffanni

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:42 pm
Oh... my gosh... I didn't think it was possible to hear worse dubbing than the American version! XD;; All their voices sounded so special... Otogi sounded like a surf bum and Kaiba sounded even more like a smoker than Eric Stuart makes him! And... and Malik was a sexy woman! WTF?! O_o  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff