Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Jesus has Returned! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

banryuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:53 am
On the radio there was a woman who as part of a "Christian" group claiming their leader is the reborn Christ. Did I mention he is a Puerto Rican man who drinks, smokes, 'loves' women, and has a criminal record.

Has anyone ever heard of this ridiculous claim that is gaining a huge following.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:39 am
José Luis de Jesús Miranda (b. c. 1946) claims that he is "Jesus in the flesh". He is the leader of the new religious movement Growing in Grace, which has been called a cult

What you ya'll think. Its a gaint steaming load isn't it.
Over the centuries how many psyco people have claimed to be the reborn christ or prophet? Too many.  

banryuu

banryuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:42 am
De Jesús grew up in poverty in Puerto Rico. He said that during this period he served stints in prison for petty theft. He was forced to enter a long term, chemical dependent, residential drug treatment program in New York City.[4] A former Heroin addict who was delivered by the power of God.While in prison,he says to have converted to Christianity.

Immediately, he becomes a self thought student of the bible. In a recent program on ABC,he tells of the experience that led him to become this controversial "messiah". While praying one day, two angels appear to him and endow him with the calling of being the second coming of Christ.

Originally declaring himself to be simply a pastor spreading a new doctrine, but always understanding the growth of the ministry (hence the name) and of it's members. In 1999, the church declared him as "the Other," who would pave the way for the second coming of Christ. In 2004, the church declared that de Jesus was God himself who had returned in human form just like the bible said he would. He explains that in 1973, the resurrected Christ integrated himself within him. He says that he doesn't know why he was chosen. In early 2007, he acknowledged the Antichrist accusations and explained that the term is true and applies because we are no longer supposed to follow Jesus of Nazareth, his mission concluded by his death in the cross. Antichrist, meaning no longer following Christ.

Controversy surrounded these declarations due to the lack of education the world currently has it terms of biblical knowledge.[3][5] Most recently, followers have shown their support by getting "666" tattoos on their bodies. Contrary to speculations, De Jesús has NOT asked or obligated followers to do so. "666", De Jesús explains, is not a sign of the devil (he preaches that the devil was destroyed) but the number of the antichrist. The Antichrist, he says, is a term he accepts becuase "we are no longer supposed to follow Jesus of Nazareth, therefore we are antichrists."

De Jesús started Growing in Grace Ministries in the mid-1980s and claims that the ministry has a presence in 20 countries. Miranda claims to have 30 teaching centers in the United States, including locations in Hartford, Connecticut, and Miami, Florida.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:45 am
I never heard of it before now, but it doesn't surprise me. I don't put anything past the theists these days.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:31 am
I'm actually 99% sure I saw some dude with long hair and a beard claiming to be Jesus reincarnated on YouTube. He's a twenty-something plumber from Oklahoma, I think.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:45 am
ProjectOmicron88
I'm actually 99% sure I saw some dude with long hair and a beard claiming to be Jesus reincarnated on YouTube. He's a twenty-something plumber from Oklahoma, I think.

TedJesusChristGod?  

Prince Rilian

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:40 pm
It's times like these when I begin to loose faith in the human race... crying

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:33 pm
Rilian
ProjectOmicron88

TedJesusChristGod?

Yeah, that's the guy.  

ProjectOmicron88

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:08 pm
It doesn't surprise me. Ever notice how many of the "Born again Christians" were also once drug addicts and alcohol?

It's amazing what things can do to the mind of the vunerable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:14 pm
Sanguvixen
It doesn't surprise me. Ever notice how many of the "Born again Christians" were also once drug addicts and alcohol?

What are you talking about? Jesus and his angels came to him and told him he was THE born again christian! You have such little faith... I pitty you.
(sarcasm, for people who don't know it)

Dark_lord_15

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:12 pm
Sanguvixen

Ouch.. that's a bit harsh, isn't it?

Honestly, I've put quite a great deal of thought and study into it. It's the psychological reaction to the sense of hope and adaptation to new morales that generally inspires the zeal in their change.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:32 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Rilian
ProjectOmicron88

TedJesusChristGod?

Yeah, that's the guy.

Did you join the Church of Ted?  

Prince Rilian

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:49 pm
Hmm... Thats rather interesting. And totally makes me think that my idea of of the bible actually being written by "the devil" and all the followers who think they're honoring their god are really honoring the "devil". Heh heh... Funny...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:57 pm
Dark_lord_15
It's times like these when I begin to loose faith in the human race... crying

Begin? I'm way past that phase.

The woman on the Radio "Axel" was her name. Clamed that not only was he the christ but also the anti-christ.... Contradictory much.

Anti-Christ- A being claiming to be the reborn christ that is truly a worker of the "Dark one" That will lead millons to damnation and tear a part the fragile peace sending the world into Chaos.

Where in that definiton did it say savoir that will give you angels to do your bidding. Yes she said she had three angels.  

banryuu

banryuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:02 pm
Couldn't she share or something?! I only need one angel and my plan for world dommination will be compleat! *cough* I said nothing.

Dathu could you be the Christ reborn your resume is more impressive then his. (not being racist just cinical) Do all Puerto Rican men comand Angels?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff