Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Role Playing Character Introductions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:43 am
This is where you introduce your character or characters for easy reference as well as for any major Out of Character discussion business to go on ^^.

As i'm sure more than one person will want to play the same character as someone else i guess it's "First in First Served". I suggest with every rping thread that in the first post you name every character who has already entered the rp.

So it's fine if you don't get to role play your favourite character in one thread, there can be another or you can start your own or even just chose another character.

Depends who's started the RP thread what's welcome or not. But your own characters, non Yuki Kaori characters should be introduced here as well ^^.

As frequently as possible i'll always update this first post with Character Introductions.

((Moderators, is this post alright?))

*Character:
*Series:

[optional]
*Race/Species:
*Image Link: (Any character image)
*Description:
*Weapons/Magic:
*Abilities:
*Brief History:
*Relationships: (Family/Friends/Enemies/Partners)
*Anything else?:
*Quote:

rociel_inorganicangel
*Character: Rociel/Rosiel
*Series: Angel Sanctuary

*Race/Species: Three Winged Angel
*Icon: User Image
*Image Link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/sceleratus/photoshop/rocieLJ.jpg
*Weapons/Magic: Minions and celestial energy
*Abilities: Too many
*Brief History: Driven on for the lust of his organic twin sister, Alexiel who will not even look at him as he slowly turns insane over many things including the years.
*Relationships: Twin Sister-Alexiel, Son/Lacky-Katan
*Quote: "I believe in two things; the love for me and the fear of me. I have no use for men who can't obey me."

Shura Yukihime
*Character: Snow Owl
*Series: Count Cain

*Race/Species: Human
*Occupation: Violinist (?), also the Fool card in Delilah's Major Arcana's ranks, whose role is to watch the end of the world as it comes.
*Icon: (100x100) User Image
*Image Link: http://photobucket.com/albums/v509/ShuraYukihime/Count Cain/?action=view¤t=Owl1.jpg
*Description: Snow Owl is a rather handsome young man, who often wears a pair of spectacles with the lenses tinted black. What makes him stand out is his white hair, which often appears touseled, and with a fringe that falls over his eyes. He also is often dressed either completely in black or white.
*Weapons/Magic: No weapons, no magic either, at least to my knowledge.
*Abilities: A very talented violinist.
*Brief History: He was only brought back by Alexis Hargreaves as a replacement for Cain, after he killed his father, who treated him like a 'goose that laid golden eggs'.
*Relationships: (Family/Friends/Enemies/Partners) He doesn't seem to care much for the other members of Delilah, and played the violin while Cain played the piano at Cain's grandfather's funeral.
*Anything else?: He is an enigmatic individual, of which practically nothing is known about.
*Quote: "And so, I too won't stop being a child who despises the world, yet."

Cain_Hargreaves
*Character: Cain C. Hargreaves
*Series: Count Cain

*Race/Species: Human. o_o;
*Occupation: Currently holds the title of Count of Hargreaves, though in some circles he's more notoriously referred to the Count of Poisons. An insanely rich English aristocrat.
*Description: A thin but beautiful youth, often described as looking a bit younger than his age of seventeen years. His most striking feature is his eyes, which are a very unusual color of green intermingled with gold.
*Weapons/Magic: A revolver and assortment of canes, some of which carry short swords hidden inside, as well as his very vast collection of deadly poisons.
*Abilities: An almost unsurmounted knowledge of toxins and poisons, their type and make, and how to use them. Also weilds a seductive charm combined with the ability to accurately read the human character.
*Brief History: Cain suffered from a very unhappy childhood, one where he was abused and neglected by almost every member of his family. It wasn't until the age of twelve that he found some refuge from his nightmarish life, in the form of a twenty-three year old servant who was hired to take care of him. After the 'death' and dissapearance of his father, he inherited the family title along with all of it's wealth and splendur. But rumor has it. . that he inherited a curse as well. . .
*Quote: "Amid the choking scent of roses, so strong it nearly suffocated me. . .pain bursting like flames across the wounds on my back. . . those filthy memories are resurrected anew." (Technically an internal thought. . but it's powerful imagery. n_n; ) �

RionaDaidouji
*Character: Kurai

*Race/Species: Demon
*Relationships: Loves Alexiel/Setsuna, is Arachn�e's cousin

YaminoSadame
Character: Prince Ludwig
Series: Ludwig Kakumei

Sai-kun
(this is pre Judas no Seppun Riff)
*Character: Riffuel Raffit
*Series: Count Cain :God Child

*Race/Species: human
*Icon: (100x100)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Image Link: http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~ingrmoy/riff_icon.jpg
*Description: A tall, pale, grave man with equally ghostly-colored hair. He is calm and composed and his face is kindly and gentle. One of his most striking features is his hands. His hands are those of a surgeon, long, elegant, and dextrous. He himself describes his hands as stained, but Cain is enamoured with them.
*Weapons/Magic: Riff rarely carries anything but a gun, but his physical strength and agility are formidable when he is pushed to use them.
*Abilities: See above ^_^, an above ordinary physical strength, the eye of a surgeon and a very quick mind. Outwardly, you would not find a gentler man, but dormant within is a ruthlessly destructive force.
*Brief History: Riff's history is hazy at best. He appeared in Cain's life one day when Cain was just a child. Alexis for then unknown reasons bestowed this man-servant upon Cain and the two adhered to one another, becoming an inseperable pair. Riff has devoted his entire life to serving his master.
It is said that Alexis found Riff in a mental institution not long after his own fortune and estate went up in flames along with his brother and fiance. Alexis pulled the man wracked with guilt and fear from the institution and hired him on as a guardian for his son. The two wounded souls found solace in each other the moment they met.
*Relationships: (Family/Friends/Enemies/Partners) family deceased, now serves Cain and his household.
*Anything else?: What secrets does Riff harbor so deeply that he himself may not even be aware of it?
*Quote:
"It's best that I be the one who alone will be subjected to the blade of Hell's judgement. As for the curse you suffered, I will carry it entirely." (Riff's thoughts on Cain)

Sai-kun
Second character!!
*Character: Michael

*Age: many many millenia, among the firstborn of all angels.
*Race/Species: angel
*Occupation: one of the four Great Angels of the elements that maintain the natural balance of earth: he is the embodiment of fire. Also holds the title of Great Powers in the second choir of angels. He is also attributed to the archangel class and is charged with leading Heaven's armies.
1.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 2. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Image Link:
http://eden.rutgers.edu/~ingrmoy/mika_icon.jpg

http://eden.rutgers.edu/~ingrmoy/mika_icon2.jpg
*Description: Michael is short. But don't tell him that. He just barely reaches 5'3". Despite being one of the oldest of angels, he has the physique of a young boy because his growth was stunted by his raw and wild power. His hair is the color of life's blood spilt and his eyes are a blazing astral blue-green. His trademark is the tattoo of a blue dragon that starts on his chest and snakes up his neck and onto his cheek. It's origins are uncertain, but Michael did not have it when he was younger. His body, though slim and small is wirey with muscle.
Michael has an intense distaste for the bureaucratic activities of governing heaven and generally avoids all other angels except for his unruly followers. His favorite activity is demon hunting.
*Weapons/Magic: Commands the element of fire. He weilds a MASSIVE sword with a handle shaped like a cross, he also has a love for large firearms.
*Abilities: Wields his sword as if it were as light as air. Fire is bound to him and his explosive emotions. With his snowy wings, Michael is able to fly. He has the enhanced agility, strength and endurance of the firstborn angels.
*Brief History: Michael is one of God's firstborn angels. Interestingly enough, he is the twin brother of Lucifer, or Lucifel before the fall.
Michael's powers developed rapidly, exceeding his body's ability to keep up with its explosive growth, thus, his growth was halted all together and he maintains his boyish body.
As Lucifel was the Morning Star of heaven, the mightiest and most beloved of all angels, Michael soon found himself in Lucifel's shadows. He strived to become like his older brother, to be as strong as him, to be admired as he was. He tagged along at Lucifel's heels, craving his attention and approval, yet Lucifel ignored him, at best derided him.
The final blow came when Lucifel rose up against God with his followers in the great war. Michael was charged to defeat his own brother and send him into the realms of hell. And while Michael, already garnering a simmering hatred accepted the role, he was unable to take down his brother.
Bal, the only female in Michael's life who acted both as mother and sister to him had harbored a deep unrequieted love for Lucifel and took Michael's blow intended for his brother.
All Lucifel had to offer his brother was a cold smirk as he left Heaven.
To this day, Michael dreams of the day he will encounter his brother again.
*Relationships: (Family/Friends/Enemies/Partners) Lucifer is his twin brother. Bal was his friend and sister/mother figure when he was growing up in Lucifel's shadow.
Now, the only angels he willingly associates with are his rowdy followers who fear his volatile temper, Cama-el, his lieutenant, and Raphael, the great angel of wind who is possibly the only person who can control Michael, and the only person Michael might call a friend.
*Anything else?: Michael suffers a severe short-man's complex ^_^; and the mere mention of his brother sets him off on a destructive rampage. Michael has a healthy disrespect for rules and authority. Is something of a woman hater.
*Quote: "...angels were a race originally created for war..."

Vi Sparklemist

*Character: Julian
*Series: Cruel Fairytales

*Race/Species: Human
*Icon: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Image Link: http://www.digitalvax.com/~Vilya/julian.jpg
*Description: Being quite arrogant and cold, Julian can easily seem to be a villain at first. He can't stand people pretending to be someone they are not, yet he is doing the same thing himself. Because behind his cruel appearance, he is really a good guy who cares alot for those he love.
*Brief History: Don't read this if you are going to read Cruel Fairytales and don't want it ruined, cause there's some *Spoilers Ahead!*
Here goes: Julian was originally an orphan, who killed the lady of Aluked castle after she went mad and wanted to kill her own son. The real master is in fact Julian’s "servant" Martin. Julian started to follow him around after saving him from his mother, and was soon convinced that they should switch places, in order for Martin to finish 'real' models of a set of dolls that he promised his lost sister long ago. And he makes the 'dolls' of corpses...

*Relationships: Both his parents are dead, so he has grown up more or less alone at the castle. He is a somewhat close friend to Martin, his servant, though.
*Quote: 'Hmph' xp

Rafael the Wind Angel
*Character: Sakuya Kira

[optional]
*Race/Species: human body, soul of Lucifer
*Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Description:
*Weapons/Magic: Shiranui/sword can redonnect his body if torn, almost immotal
*Abilities:almost immortal
*Brief History: Was first the fallen angel lucifer but once his body was destroyed, he possesed other dying bodies to search for his beloved Alexiel. The last time she was reincarnated was in the body of setsuna mudo and befriended him. Soon setsuna found out about being alexiel's reincarnation and why Kira had been his friend. Setsuna decides not to kill him and heals him. Kira helps setsuna in the following war against god until he is killed completely by Rociel. He is revived as Lucifer.
*Relationships: Setsuna best friend / kid brother like. Alexiel his love. Kato friend. Was Lucifer sama
*Anything else?: evily honest
*Quote: "no matter how messed up your love is, it is still love"

PRINCE-BELIAL
*Character: Mad Hatter

*Race/Species: fallen angel
*Icon: (100x100) icon of Mad Hatter
*Image Link: Image of Mad Hatter
*Description: Demon mad with love and hate relationship with it's master. A wicked jester of Hell.
*Weapons/Magic: it's a sceret. razz
*Abilities: Also a secret. razz
*Brief History: Once an angel (rotted to the bone) after meeting Lucifer it decides to descend with Him to the Hell, and becomes one of the Seven Satans.
*Relationships: Lucifer, Kurai
*Quote: We are always true to our own desires. So if we see something we want, we will take it. By force, if necessary.

Bloodyblade666
[optional]
Name Blood
seaurs. Angel Sac
*Race/Species: demon
*Image Link: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/DemonicHellfire/tenjou1.jpg
*Description:
*Weapons/Magic: Sword, anf fire calling
*Abilities: She can heal any wound on her self and can see energy
*Brief History: A demon rasied by humans, Blood often knew she was different then her famity and best freind Raver. The only way to help control her powers was though a sword she now fight with.
*Relationships: (Family/Friends/Enemies/Partners) none
*Anything else?: Dont trease her about her hight. 5'2
*Quote: There is darkness is everyone hearts, so why fear it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:09 am
*Character: Rociel/Rosiel

*Race/Species: Three winged Angel
*Icon:

*Image Link: http://photobucket.com/albums/v294/sceleratus/?action=view¤t=as19ex.jpg
*Weapons/Magic: Minions and celestial energy
*Abilities: Too many
*Brief History: Driven on for the lust of his organic twin sister, Alexiel who will not even look at him as he slowly turns insane over many things including the years.
*Relationships: Twin Sister-Alexiel, Son/Lacky-Katan
*Quote: "I believe in two things; the love for me and the fear of me. I have no use for men who can't obey me."  

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:31 am
Neat.
Altough, there's a problem.
Or at least, I have one.

I haven't read the whole AS. I have read a while after Kurai enters the labyrinth-thing where the pregnant woman is.
...I think. I don't remember everything. So depending on where the stor(ies)y will take place, I might be a little 'off'.
...Which means choosing a character will be even harder, since I don't know everything about them gonk

Maybe I should just skip the AS roleplay. That's a idea as well.
Sorry- just talking, saying nothing sweatdrop

I'm going to do an essay about a artist/comic creator (Kaori Yuki) in school, by the way. Timing, no?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:37 am
Vi Sparklemist
Neat.
Or at least, I have one.

I haven't read the whole AS. I have read a while after Kurai enters the labyrinth-thing where the pregnant woman is.
...I think. I don't remember everything. So depending on where the stor(ies)y will take place, I might be a little 'off'.
...Which means choosing a character will be even harder, since I don't know everything about them gonk

I'm going to do an essay about a artist/comic creator (Kaori Yuki) in school, by the way. Timing, no?

Lol, i understand. The rp's won't all be just specifically AS.. i was thinking about starting up a very VERY... light rp entitled "Tea Party" =D. Anyone can join being from Angel Sanctuary, Count Cain, your own personal character and so on!

The Katan i role play with on messenger hasn't even read the manga series, but still he does a wonderful job of improvising from what he already knows. So if you want to rp a character you don't fully know the story of that's fine with me ^^

p.s Good luck with your essay  

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:34 am
I'm only missing a couple volumes of Angel Sanctuary, but I don't think I'm familiar enough with it to role-play it. Not to mention my manga are in French... Which probably shouldn't make a difference, but for some reason it does, because I find I get a different impression from a series depending what language I read it in...

Actually, I don't think I'm familiar enough with ANY of Yuki's series for a role-play... Maybe Gravel Kingdom? *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:55 am
RionaDaidouji
I'm only missing a couple volumes of Angel Sanctuary, but I don't think I'm familiar enough with it to role-play it. Not to mention my manga are in French... Which probably shouldn't make a difference, but for some reason it does, because I find I get a different impression from a series depending what language I read it in...

Actually, I don't think I'm familiar enough with ANY of Yuki's series for a role-play... Maybe Gravel Kingdom? *shrugs*

That's an interesting point. As i become more and more familiar with foreign films, Japanese inparticular, i start to notice the major cultural differenecs in language, with the way they speak, with the way people translate their words differently.

I read different chapters of Angel Sanctuary through different translations. And they were both very different. And now i've glanced at some of VIZ's stuff and again, it's different. I'm so curious to know what it's like from a French perspective, french translation... i'm so curiuos as to know how each individual audience is at recieving Yuki Kaori's works as we all see her stories differently. Sure, the fundamental story plots are there... but culturally, subjectively, etc, there's always different and deeper meanings.

It's up to you if you want to role play one of Yuki's characters or not, but i always encourage people to rp ^^. And i'm afraid i'm not familiar with Gravel Kingdom..  

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:07 am
Vi Sparklemist
Neat.
Or at least, I have one.

everybody is in a different place with her work. No worries ^_^
I have read a great deal of her older stuff...
In any case, I hope the essay turns out well!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:32 am
Translations can indeed make a great difference. Especially if they've changed some of the names. sweatdrop
I guess we'll just have to be patient with each other. And practice makes perfect 3nodding

I hope it (the essay) turns out well too. Thank you, guys. whee  

Vi Sparklemist

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:40 am
Vi Sparklemist
Translations can indeed make a great difference. Especially if they've changed some of the names. sweatdrop
I guess we'll just have to be patient with each other. And practice makes perfect 3nodding

Like Rochel, Rociel, Rosiel. @_@.

First time I heard it as Rosiel I thought the person was talking about Raziel... And then I got confused... I'm used to Rochel.

And Zahkiel, Zaphikel, Zafikel, Zaphkiel.... I'm not even gonna go there.... @_@. I call him Zahkiel....  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:26 am
RionaDaidouji
Vi Sparklemist

Like Rochel, Rociel, Rosiel. @_@.

First time I heard it as Rosiel I thought the person was talking about Raziel... And then I got confused... I'm used to Rochel.

And Zahkiel, Zaphikel, Zafikel, Zaphkiel.... I'm not even gonna go there.... @_@. I call him Zahkiel....

Oh god! As much as i don't mind any of those, because they're all trying to go in the same direction >.>, i really distaste how Viz has changed Noise and Voice's names -_-. I heard it was something patronising like boys and girls or something XD

I think they sometimes underestimate "westernisers". This is a little off topic but they're making a Neon Genesis Evangelion movie and they're changing the characters names and cultural backgrounds so the "Western audience can understand" -_-  

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:37 am
heh... Even after Kaori Yuki clarified that Riff was NOT Lief, people still call him that. Kaori Yuki actually wrote once that she got the name 'Riff' from the name 'Riff-Raff' from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and that the Chinese translators were mixed up... yet people still call him Lief.

So yeah... sometimes names are weird. Even after the author/mangaka has clarified it too...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:43 am
Shura Yukihime
heh... Even after Kaori Yuki clarified that Riff was NOT Lief, people still call him that. Kaori Yuki actually wrote once that she got the name 'Riff' from the name 'Riff-Raff' from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and that the Chinese translators were mixed up... yet people still call him Lief.

So yeah... sometimes names are weird. Even after the author/mangaka has clarified it too...

Lief? Now that is far fetched.

Of all the times i've seen RHPS, and all the times i've heard someone say Riff comes from Riff-Raff, i never once pulled it together XD

Cheers for the info... i see Riff in a new light now XD  

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:47 am
Hooray!! So is this a free for all? Not just AS characters? I just wanna clear that up before I pick someone!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:58 am
Yes, it's Lief... to some people. You see, the chinese characters read 'Li-fu', so well, people naturally assume Li-fu = Lief, so... blaugh

Anyway, like it should come as a surprise, I pick Snow Owl. He's my favorite character, and not to much featured so I can take more liberties with him than I can, say, Cain.  

Shura Yukihime

Cain_Hargreaves

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:49 am
rociel_inorganicangel
Shura Yukihime

Lief? Now that is far fetched.

Of all the times i've seen RHPS, and all the times i've heard someone say Riff comes from Riff-Raff, i never once pulled it together XD

Cheers for the info... i see Riff in a new light now XD

Oh God, I'm afraid of what you're going to use that for.

But I'd known about the 'Li-fu', Leif thing. . and I listened to one of the drama CDs and they were definately saying his name "Lifu" which just cracked me up. Mostly because the person who RPs as my Riff in yahoo chat has the online name of "Lee". So I just put 'fu' on Lee and from then on he was Lee-fu! XD Almost. . .but not quite.

Hmmmmmm, characters, characters. Who to choose! Of course, I could fall back on the fact that I've already been playing Cain for about six months. . .and have his personality practically ingrained into my own. x__X But. . . perhaps I should choose a different character? Hn, it's a hard decision. x_x  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff