Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
!Random Talk! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:23 am
Well, I thought we could use a forum where we can talk about everything/nothing without having to worry about going off-topic.
What do you say?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:31 pm
i think it's a great idea! 3nodding so...um... nice weather, huh?  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:54 pm
Too dark to see any weather here wink

One question, how many has seen the Angel Sanctuary anime?
Thoughts, opinions?
Personally, I love the soundtracks. I don't remember much of what I thought of the anime itself, though. Maybe I should watch it again sometime soon and do a little review.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:45 pm
The AS anime was alright. o_o; I wish they'd actually pursued a series instead of just going 'Well, here's three episodes, live with it'. XD

Although considering what they've done to Bloodhound, I'd take the three episodes over that any day! <_<;;  

Cain_Hargreaves

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:44 pm
I didn't like the AS anime. The animation was good, but I don't like how they handled the story.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:31 pm
the music was great, as was seeing kira moving around and such...however, i was completely opposed to stuffing 3 1/2 voulmes of manga into 3 episodes and then leaving you with the cliff hanger enging where we're introduced to metaron(i know that's not how you spell his name sweatdrop )...but it was still stons of fun...  

yorurei

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:55 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Too dark to see any weather here wink

One question, how many has seen the Angel Sanctuary anime?
Thoughts, opinions?
Personally, I love the soundtracks. I don't remember much of what I thought of the anime itself, though. Maybe I should watch it again sometime soon and do a little review.

They liked CG too much in that anime.
It made it look choppy, like things didnt mesh. And its about the part of the series that I really don't like, the Assiah arc. Ergh.
But I guess its better than nothing.
If they made it a series, I think I would want them to rethink their entire animation style.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:56 pm
OH GOD IT WAS HORRIBLE!!

-_-

Friend and i had read the whole AS series before finding the Anime DVD. So we spend $70 and find ourselves laughing ourselves silly the whole way through it.

Perhaps it's because we watched it in with the dub... oh dear oh dear -_-

"I AM SERAPHITA. NEXT STOP HAY-DEE-EES"

I don't really believe in changing mediums of something that's already been completely created. Angel Sanctuary was finished, done and Manga form. You lose the original story, the original depth and feeling when it's converted, chopped and animated into a somewhat corny and manipulative Anime series.

I agree that Angel Sanctuary the Anime was done quite well. When it comes to editing and story boards.. but i didn't agree with the animation, as someone said, it was too influenced by CGI graphics.

I'm sorry to people who do like the anime... but the anime seems more like a rip off rather than the actual Angel Sanctuary to me. If i saw the anime first i would think different because the basic fundamental story is still there.  

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

Momiji-Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:03 pm
I liked the anime for the fact that none of my friends could sit through it. They all got so grossed out that by the second episode they had all left the room. I wish the story had continued, but since it didn't I became interested in the Manga (I just had to know what happend next) I wish the manga was released faster, but what can you do? I did npt like Setsuna's English voice though, he sounded way to old.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:12 pm
Momiji-Bunny
I liked the anime for the fact that none of my friends could sit through it. They all got so grossed out that by the second episode they had all left the room. I wish the story had continued, but since it didn't I became interested in the Manga (I just had to know what happend next) I wish the manga was released faster, but what can you do? I did npt like Setsuna's English voice though, he sounded way to old.

Yeah, Setsuna's voice -_-.

I thought Katan's voice was good though. And though i don't particularily like Sara, who ever played her was really good.  

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

Momiji-Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:23 pm
rociel_inorganicangel
Momiji-Bunny

I thought Katan's voice was good though. And though i don't particularily like Sara, who ever played her was really good.

The guy who did Katan's voice also did Zelgadis' voice in slayers (he was the second voice actor) so it was a bit strange hearing it at first.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:32 pm
Momiji-Bunny
rociel_inorganicangel
Momiji-Bunny

The guy who did Katan's voice also did Zelgadis' voice in slayers (he was the second voice actor) so it was a bit strange hearing it at first.

Afraid i'm not familiar with Zelgadis =/. It was funny at the end with him though.. "And so i was strangled to death in the middle of sex." XD
And the whole "... so how many cherubs can fit on the top of a pin?" or something silly like that XD

Crispin Freeman on Rosiel was such a wonderful performance. But... as much as i liked him in the anime... Crispin Freeman could never do the voice of Rosiel that i have in my head from reading the manga. It's hard to think Touga from Utena and Rosiel are done by the same guy in english XD  

Rociel - Inorganic Angel

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:28 am
Yawn. Another schoolday has ended. And I've read a volume of Count Cain for the first time.

It was alot better then I had expected.
Will it continue the same way as in the first volume or will it be more storyline and not so much "one shots", or so to say?
Right now, it sort of reminds me of Bride of Deimos (Has anyone read it by the way?)...

I guess I'll read on and find out 3nodding
...I just have to play some more FFVII first. (That game is really addicting... sweatdrop )

Mission: Random Entry in the General Discussions Thread accomplished  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:58 am
Vi Sparklemist
Yawn. Another schoolday has ended. And I've read a volume of Count Cain for the first time.

It was alot better then I had expected.
Will it continue the same way as in the first volume or will it be more storyline and not so much "one shots", or so to say?
Right now, it sort of reminds me of Bride of Deimos (Has anyone read it by the way?)...

I guess I'll read on and find out 3nodding
...I just have to play some more FFVII first. (That game is really addicting... sweatdrop )

Mission: Random Entry in the General Discussions Thread accomplished

Actually the first volume is one of the worst, in my opinion. The storylines are kind of sketchy, and she hasn't developed the characters very much at all. Volume two is much better, and it only keeps improving after that. Once you reach volume four, go back and re-read one again and the differences will be astounding.  

Cain_Hargreaves

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:53 pm
I was afraid to watch it in English... o_O It was dubbed by the same company as Yami no Matsuei, so I pretty much said "Yeeeeeah, let's stick to japanese..."

Although the first time I watched the anime I turned it off at the credits... So when I watched it again with a friend of mine who always watches the credits, I got a nice little shock where I went "OMG METATRON AND SEVY!!!!!" O_O

Hehe. Although I still wish they would have found a way to include Zahkiel and Raziel.... 'Cause I got the anime soon after reading volumes 13 and 14, which I won't say much more about, but I'm sure anyone who's read them will know what I'm talking about...  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff