Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Role Playing: the inner workings of the Den
Sever Citrin's Shop! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Filled with all sorts of every day items!
  Anything you might need
  Is either here already
  Or can be gotten for you from town within a few weeks!
View Results

Finculmir
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:48 am
Back in all it's glory and fully renovated for business and other accomodations, Sever Citrin's Shop is back in business!

One enters the shop through a door which starts at the top of the longest end, the shop itself appearing as one long hall with two parallel aisles. Each aisle is about seven feet across, the ceiling above about twelve feet up. These aisles are about forty feet in length, and all lead up to the large front desk, which contains a single register and a door that leads to a room which cannot be seen from the shop unless the door is opened, which it usually is.

This much larger area, about thirty feet in length and twenty feet across, contains a caged-off store room wherein Sever keeps most of his odds and ends which don't have shelf-space in the shop itself. Lanterns hang from the walls and illuminate nicely, revealing six infirmary-style beds along one wall, with two couches along the opposing wall, one of them fashioned into a bed. There are large medical chests at the foot of each bed, and two large doors are on the wall across from the door leading to the shop. This area, while it serves partially as a living quarters for Sever and Finculmir, also serves as a hospital of sorts.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:50 am
Spring is now here, friends! And with it, Sever seems to have spruced up his shop a bit.

Though it is still the shop we've known since the traveling merchant settled down in this quiet and close-knit den, now that the warmer months have come there is a distinct change to the once quaint shop... now shop and hospital.

As the sun has been staying out longer, throughout these past two months it has been clear Sever was up to something - to what, not even Finculmir (his mate!) knew. However, with the summer months in full swing and the sun high in the sky for many hours of the day, it's clear to see that Sever has many more talents than anyone first thought.

The shop, made of wood and nails and many tiring hours... is now seemingly covered in large, green vines. Not all are the same - some bear fruit (edible, at that!) and some have flowers, but what's even more strange is that these vines are nothing ordinary - special herbs and plants that require great attention and care to grow. Sever, a botanist? Who knew?

These vines are good for another purpose as well - the more durable ones can be climbed like ropes, and give access to the roof! The roof is steep however, so all must tread with caution upon it.

Yet, with these summer months come the large months for trading... and the fiercest months for merchants are these summer months leading into fall. Will fortune smile upon the Den's personal merchant, or will the ills of the mercantilist world follow him to the Den? Only time will tell....

Finculmir
Vice Captain

DelicateEnvy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:16 am
Delicia opened the store door, peering inside as if to make sure there was no error in her destination. She walked softly in, as if to make sure her shoes did not make noises of irritancy, such as pops or squeaks. For a while she stood a yard from the door with a puzzled expression cast upon her face, a shadow with confusion on where to go. A loud bark had come through the windows, and she walked back to let her new partner come in, assuming he was allowed. At more of a quick pace, now ignoring whether her shoes would be loud or not, she walked to the register to talk to Mir.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:29 pm
Mir looked up with a smile for her friend. "Hey! What can we do for you, Envy?" She set aside the lititle bags of herbs she was making into potpourri and gave all her attention to the fox before her.  

Finculmir
Vice Captain

DelicateEnvy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:46 pm
Delicia gets somewhat distracted in her mission of coming here, “What scent is it, or should I say, what scent is it going to be?” getting a whiff of it in the air, but unable to define its odor. She peers at the bags with curiousity while Draug tries to jump on the ocunter to sniff it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:09 pm
She grinned and dangled a finished one over the counter for the wolf to sniff. "They're scented like pommander oranges, which are oranges studded with cloves and sprinkled with cinnamon. They were usually used as Christmas decorations in the British colonies, as they were simple and easy to make. I've always loved the smell of them, so I thought I'd share." She pulled out a tub of dried orange peels, cloves and chopped up cinnamon sticks. "They won't be very expensive. A few silver, probably."  

Finculmir
Vice Captain

DelicateEnvy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:54 pm
"Spiffy," she replied with a smile. She looked aorund a bit, trying to remember why she came. " I am sorry, Mir, but I cannnot seem to remember why I stopped by." Draug looks at her with a questionable look upon his face, then jumps off the counter and licks her foot and sits, as if waiting for a treat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:12 pm
She grinned. "No problem. As long as you don't mind me continuing to make these little buggers, I don't mind you hanging around and chatting. Though there are some new dog cookies on the third shelf down aisle two."  

Finculmir
Vice Captain

DelicateEnvy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:14 am
"Hmmm...Okay," as she runs down the aisles to retrieve the dog treats, and then running steadily back, sliding on the floor, "So..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:55 pm
She laughed. "I'm glad to see my children and I are not the only ones to think of sliding along the floors like that. I'm so pleased that Sever ended up putting hardwood in here. How has your den been doing? Or have you moved into town?" Her dextrous fingers scooped up the next bit of cloves, moving swiftly to the dried orange peels and then the cinnamon. A few more orange peels and she snagged the edges of the cloth, scooping it up into a little pouch and twisting a bit of colored ribbon around the neck.  

Finculmir
Vice Captain

DelicateEnvy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:38 pm
She changed stances, putting her right leg hidden close behind the other while her right hand raised and put behind her head. " Well," she said nervously," I haven't exactly chosen a home yet. I just don't know what suits me. I apparently have Fascienne’s belongings and her quarters for the time being in the town, but she's my kin, not me and I just can’t live there. I just don't know what to choose. I'm so indecisive." She wrinkled her nose and smiled, while Draug looked at her with what seemed to be a questionable look." I also don't know what to do with her stuff. She didn't have much, and they don't really seem to have any value, but they were hers. I don't want to let them go, even though I didn't know her that well, it makes me feel a little closer." Her face showed a mix of emotions, but all with a shade of sorrow captured in her eyes, while a frown slowly emerged. She had left her family to find her sibling, and she failed. Delicia realized she was displaying too much through her face. She immediately straightened herself and smiled, putting on her usual porcelain mask of chiseled smiles and laughers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:44 pm
Mir set down a finished potpourri bag and reached out to touch Delicia's arm lightly, trying not to press her into saying anything she didn't want to. "Well, there's really no rush to get a house. We've got some nice tents about that roll up fairly small... If you had one of those, you could wander where you would and sleep where you wanted. If you'd like, we can help you box up Fascienne's things and keep them save here, probably in the attic, in case you wanted to get them or use them later. We wouldn't bother them - just check to make sure they're in good condition. Try picking out a small bit of jewelry - a ring or a pendant - of hers to carry with you. You could put it on a chain, or wear it yourself. That way you could always keep a piece of her close to you at all times."  

Finculmir
Vice Captain

Raizion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:51 pm
Rai slowly opened the store door as he peaked his head in to look around. He slowly sniffed the air as his ears twitched, then began to walk silently into the store.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:59 pm
To Rai's left was the checkout counter, where Delicia and Mir were chatting with Draug at Delicia's feet. Mir caught the sound of the door opening with one furry ear and peeked around her friend with a smile. "Hello, there!" she called. "Can I direct you to anything specific, or are you just looking to browse today?"  

Finculmir
Vice Captain

Raizion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:16 am
Rai, gently closed the door behind him and looked at the girl chatting to him. "Um, well... I'm sort'a new around here. So yeah, I'm a bit lost,..." he replied to her as he rubbed his face to hide the embarrassment. After brushing off the blush on his face. He stared at the lady once again and smiled at her.  
Role Playing: the inner workings of the Den

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff