Reply The Anime Art Academy
Critique? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kaname423

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:28 am
And if it's not a bother, could you give me an estimate for pricing?

It's my newest peice of art and I seem to have regressed (I don't know if it's the right word or not) into my former art style, which I'm not particularly happy about.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:43 pm
Hmmm... do you mean real money or gaia money?

For gold... I'd say about... hm. 100? Is that too low?

I like the facial shape, but the folds in the clothes and the clavicle could use some work. 3nodding

HoujunRi

kaname423

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:16 pm
Yeah, I spent so much time on the face that I didn't put enough effort into the clavicle, I was never really good on folds but I'm getting better. ^.^
Thanks for the comments.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:59 pm
i only have about two things to say that probably wont like.
1 the neck is a little too thin
2 the cheek on the right side(viewers left) is curving. the curve is going inward towards her nose. it should be going out wards.

other than that it's really nice! i really like it especialy the coloring! (i cant color to save my life)  

AesopsFabled

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:11 pm
Um... I'd say about at least 500g... but no more than 950g.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:45 am
does my art really suck so bad that it's only worth 950 at best?  

kaname423

decoyneko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:53 am
I would give a rough estimate, but I took a break from Gaia for a bit, and pricing has skyrocketed from what I've seen. I used to whore off my art for VERY cheap compared to what stuff goes for nowadays.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:15 pm
Really cute!

I don't know if you meant the dress to be a little crooked. It seems too crooked to be supposed to be straight (across the top), but not skewed enough to be supposed to be diagonal...

Sorry, I have no idea on pricing...  

superlion

Dark Bunny Lord

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:44 am
User Image

Can't believe all the low estimates.

My stuff isn't great but I charge 2k for it (of course I cg my work to) but anyways, I'd go for around 1k, maybe less. A good way to tell how much people will pay is to auction your stuff off.

Oh and to the "100 gold commenter"... please next time before making this kind of estimate realize it's a real blow to the face of an artist. I mean 100 gold takes what, 10 minute if that to get.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:18 am
Dark Bunny Lord
User Image

My stuff isn't great but I charge 2k for it (of course I cg my work to) but anyways, I'd go for around 1k, maybe less. A good way to tell how much people will pay is to auction your stuff off.

Oh and to the "100 gold commenter"... please next time before making this kind of estimate realize it's a real blow to the face of an artist. I mean 100 gold takes what, 10 minute if that to get.

User Image

Thank you. ^.^
Do you know any programs that I can get to start CGing my work? I don't really know what ones are better or easier to use.  

kaname423

Dark Bunny Lord

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:49 pm
User Image

kaname423
Dark Bunny Lord
User Image

User Image

Thank you. ^.^
Do you know any programs that I can get to start CGing my work? I don't really know what ones are better or easier to use.

Well to be completly honest the best your going to find is photoshop (in my opinion at least).
The problem is it's quite pricy, I got a college student discount on mine by purchasing through my college, but most people can't do that of course. If you can afford it though then you wont be sorry, it's very powerful one you know how to use it.

A few other programs are available however I havn't used anything other than photoshop for a long while now, so I wouldn't be a good source of up to date programs out there.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:02 pm
I know of some ways...there's shady and then legit. ninja

Anyway, I got Adobe Photoshop Elements as a package with my tablet. It's not as powerful as the regular Adobe Photoshop (I miss the pen-tool because I'm shaky with lines. crying The channels feature is nice too), but it's nearly the same anyway.

Just how much are you willing to spend for a cg program? I got college student discount for corel painter IX educational version for about $99. I mean, regular Adobe photoshop is normally around the $600 range or more.

Then there's opencanvas in which the price is less than $100 to purchase. It's like $50-70. Anyway, it all depends on the type of look you're going for. It takes more time to learn the programs methinks.

As far as I know, Adobe photoshop is good for cell-shaded sort of works, but I haven't been able to manipulate it well for painterly effect. (I know some artists can though. >_< I wanna know their secrets!)

Painter is more painter-ish looking, emulating some traditional media. As for opencanvas, it can make painter-ish sort of looking effect too. I just find it easier to use than painter though. I think these 2 programs are most effective with tablet though.

Anyway, yeah. Sorry for the long rambling, but I hope that's somewhat helpful to you. You could research for yourself I guess? There's some sticky in the Art Discussion thread methinks if you want to research more.  

GB_Lady

kaname423

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:42 am
Thanks guys, I might be getting photoshop from my uncle when my family and I go to Massachusetts, but in case I don't end up getting it, it's really nice to have a few backups, you know. I think if I don't get it, I'll try for open canvas.
Do you know how much a tablet costs?
I would do research but wouldn't know where to start... sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:42 am
I like your artwork and merely because its hand colored and I know people only really like it if it is digital CG people have no respect these days.. especially around here.. I would say around 1,000-1,500 in price is what people would probably pay for it.

The art its self is good it needs a bit of work but nothing practice with references cant cure. I like your style tho it is a bit different then what i have seen. On this case could also effect how much people will pay for it.. A lot of people are infatuated with the traditional stuff and this may effect sales. If it was me tho i would easily pay 1,500 - 2,000 for it.. but I being an artist my self and how I do love traditional looks as well as digital makes me choose this price.

Also it is difficult to listen to others when pricing because a lot of people as of late are trying to hinder the prices of art work on gaia..So that they will drop.. I have been here since early 2004 the prices of what they really should be are probably how I see them.. I have not been in the Commission area in the Shops and looked around for a long time.

Also Tablets can cost anywhere from 20$ to about 4,000$ in US funds.
It depends on what kind you want and how big you want them, also if you are willing to buy them used and or on auction off ebay.  

Aiya Spiritweaver

Momo Shimizu

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:38 am
Well, I'm no good with pricing, but what I can tell you is that the top of the dress is really slanted. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that, but it doesn't look like it. It's too high on the left side (when you're looking at it). And the folds going across her chest are either a bit too long or go over a bit too far to the right. The hair is good, and the rest is pretty good. Another thing I just noticed is shading...it looks as thought the light is coming from the right on her head and shoulders, and yet is coming from the left on her dress. Other than that the shading is good. O.O Sorry if I was harsh or something! It is good.  
The Anime Art Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff