Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past
[PD Penpal Project]__This means we can stalk y'all now. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:34 am
Alrighty, so Panda and I were talking on my latest thread when the idea of sending stuff to everyone was thought up. At first, Panda suggested we send a shirt around and have everyone sign it, a la "Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants", but there's only be one shirt and, like, twenty of us, so that was no good.

Then Panda suggested we all pick a card that presents ourself, get, like, twenty more, grafitti them, and then send them to everyone. But what if someone chooses, say, Charizard? Do you know how much twenty Charizards cost?! So if that problem were to arise, the person would just use the Basic Evolution instead. So Charmander instead of Charizard.

Then I proposed a penpal system project thingie, because we're pretty sure that none of us are fifty-year-old fat, balding men who are convicted sex offenders, lust after small children, and still live in our parents' basement (we do wonder about Bo and Chester, though... blaugh ), so it would be relatively safe to give away our addresses.

So what do y'all think? Awesome-possum idea or are you just being paranoid?

I think it rocks, so I'll start off the address list to help encourage those of you who are still leery. No stalking either, plzkthnx. I know my hot Elite a** is wanted by all (especially Panda and Bo *cough*), but that would just be way too creepy and I'm pretty sure it costs money of which I do not have to file a restraining order...

Philosophy In A Teacup (Your god/dess.)
Alexa Thomasson
920 Hartford Drive
DeLand, Florida, USA

Nethilia (PDHQ > NOAHQ)
Tasha Metcalf
4850 156th Ave NE #316
Redmond, WA 98052

Inazuman Frash (We'll find out your name yet..)
Inazuman Frash
Po Box 9616
Anaheim CA, 92812

Atma311 (Charleston pwnz j00.)
Nickolas Holtzscheiter
9200 University Blvd.
P.O. Box 118087
CSU Box 169
Charleston, S.C. 29423-8087

Andy1989 (Send him a messy, unorganized letter. : D)
Andrew Schaeffer
3571 Plaza De La Rosa
Sierra Vista, AZ 85650

Sui Kune (Pronounce her last name. We dare you.)
Samantha Goblirsch
PO Box 9
Otter Rock, OR 97369
United States

Caramel_Flan (Invade Canada! XD)
Amy Nguyen
4818 Killarney Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V5R 3V5

Forestianfire (Jeepz, lololz.)
Otis Meneese
717 9th Ave E.
Shakopee, Minisota 55379

Seminal Contaimination (Har. My address is more compact.)
Allan Bowden-Smith
95 Warmwells Lane
Marehay
Ripley
Derbyshire
ENGLAND
DE5 8JB

Other People Which Whom We Can Now Shamelessly Stalk:
+CPanda (Now I can stalk you for a change!)
+[Killer Panda] (Two Pandas? @ __@)
+Vickicat (Hojip. Someone I can actaully stalk!)
+dorkus-malorkus (Weither he likes it or not.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:55 am
This sounds like fun! I don't mind people in the guild sending me things, but before I post my address, I want to know if people outside the guild can see things written in here... I don't want the entire Gaia forum seeing where I live. Also, I worry a little about new people who I don't knew well, or people who join in the future. I've actually got several enemies on this website, long story, so I don't want my address somewhere where they could find it. Yeah I'm a tad bit paranoid. If we could PM the addresses to each other, it'd be great.  

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Atma311

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:56 am
I love the idea but... how does one buy 20 of the same card without a credit/debit card?

Also, do we send all 20 cards to you and then you send them out, or do we all get each other's addy's and send out the cards to each other individually?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:56 am
People outside the guild can view posts. PM'ing would be safer if you have enemies. :/  

Fischer

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:02 am
I don't have extra pokemon cards on me, except a vulpix card with typo, but I like it because of the typo.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:45 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:56 pm
WOOHOO!!! *prepares her hit-list of addresses* ninja

But yeah, I like the PM idea better.

Now to send mail to the hot eliteness!!! twisted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:58 pm

Atma311

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:01 pm
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:06 pm

Atma311

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:19 pm
Atma311
CPanda
Atma311
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

Frash__There's always those card places that have bins of Pok�mon cards for, like, ten cents each.

Where might these places be?

Around here at least, those places are the hobby shops that all the YuGiOh Card Game obsessed zombies live in. sweatdrop

*Sigh* Darn South Carolina! One of the few palces that when someone says "I love anime!", someone responds, "Who's Annie-May?" rolleyes I might get lucky and find a place like that sometime, but I haven't a clue where sweatdrop

I have no problems getting anime or manga down here, though.. neutral

But flea markets always have places like that. *Still remembers her first four Pokémon cards she got from the Daytona Beach Flea Market.*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:43 pm
Hokay...I'm confused. I'm fine with posting my address on here. I don't give a s**t. I already have a few of you peoples' phone numbers that I'll never call because they're long distance and I don't wanna pay that...But onto the subject on hand.
So who would I PM my address to? I can just post it if that's easier. And do I really need to send out my cards? I only have 9 extra of the card that I think represents me...So yeah. I guess I could go try to find some out there...But since no place here sells cards individually, I'll have to buy 100 packs and hope that the card I want is in there...And I don't have that much money on me...But I guess I could look for them online...  

Andy1989

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:07 pm
I don't like the idea of scribbling all over a Pokemon card. To me it seems like ruining the card, even if the intention is good. I'm a neat-freak like that. >>; Plus I have no means of getting around 20 Vulpix cards (yeah, I'm a Vulpix, because I'm fiery, a little cute, and somewhat fragile.) I don't live anywhere near a comic book shop that sells singles, and eBaying for them would be too spendy considering shipping costs and such. However, I'm up for any other way of penpaling. biggrin I'm lonely as hell here, I'm isolated from most people, so the internet is my only way of really making friends. Plus you guys are just so much damn funner than anyone I could meet around here. X3 I like the t-shirt idea a lot, though I think it could go to Neth once everyone's signed it, since she's the ringleader. :3 Also, I could send anyone any extra cards I have that I don't need (I have like 20 Neo Revelation Farfetch'ds) that they want.

Also, a small slight request for when the Gold Skies, Silvery Sea (Japanese name) TCG set comes out in English: There are three ULTRA-rare Legendary Beast cards in this set. If anyone is lucky enough to find one, may I please have it? ^^;;;; The chances of finding any of the three are VERY slim to nil, and they're like the Holy Grail of Legendary Beast cards: Shining Suicune, Shining Entei, and Shining Raikou. (As you guys know, I'm a big collector of these guys.) I'll pay you back with any card(s) from my collection that you want, which includes a first-edition Shining Gyarados, a Shining Tyranitar, one of two Holo Blazikens, and a lot more. Yeah, I'm a sad Sui with no life. >>;  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:11 pm
Damn all extras I have do not represent me. Can I use just use an elemental?
x_X'  

Metal Warrior Tamako

Taiyoukai_Okibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:16 pm
w00t, I have TONS of charmander cards xd
My first card was a Charmander...but sadly I lost it....it was almost torn in half but it still ment something to me.
But I dont really want to post my adress....my parents might wonder if I get all these random packages because the only thing I get by mail is my monthly Nintendo Power and Shonen Jump sweatdrop  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff