Welcome to Gaia! ::

_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Back to Guilds

Pokeshipping, Palletshipping and so, so much more. 

Tags: Pokemon, Romance, Yaoi, Slash, Shipping 

Reply _~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_
Inter-Species Shippings: Why or Why not? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic Indigo Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:47 pm
Inter-Species, for those who don't know is used to define a relationship beween a human and a Pokemon (at least used by me) however it can be used for diffrent anime and manga as well.

Many people do not like interspecies shipping, as it would be like beastiality. Others may see inter-species shipping as pointless because it is simply a mis-interpretation of the bond that humans and pokemon share within the Pokemon media, and that it is not romance but simply a deep sense of protection and nurturing between a pokemon and it's trainer.

How do you feel about shippings between humans and pokemon?

I personaly like most ships that involve humans and Pokemon. Pikashipping (Ash and Pikachu) is my personal favorite for both Ash and Pikachu, Causticshipping (Silver and Sneasel) while not my favorite for either of the two is still quite cute as well as Aquamarineshipping (Crystal and Suicune) again, while not my favorite for Crystal is certainly pretty um...awesome? Cute? (I don't know how to describe it~)

Just because you ship inter-species does not mean that you like the idea of the two screwing eachother. Love you see, does not have to mean sex, very few people who ship inter-species actualy like the thought of the two characters in question having a sexual relationship. (I actualy find it annoying when people are like "Ew gross! Pokephilia!")

there is also a little sinnoh folklore about a human and a pokemon marrying each other xD; it's very cute:

There was a Pokémon that married a human.
There was a human that married a Pokémon.

In the olden days, people and Pokémon
were the same so it was ordinary.

-Discuss? heart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:49 pm
Whoa, that's cool. Hmm, let me think...

Gardevoir is a classic example, methinks. With how intelligent Pokemon can be, I think that a relationship is by no means impossible.  

Reanna-mator

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:56 pm
Pokemon have distinct personalities and are obviously very smart. Really, I could easily see a relationship spark up that way. Though I generally do like Anthropomorphic Pokemon was far as the majority of couples go, just because...-shrugs-

Lets not forget SOME pokemon (Latias) can morph into people. ^-~ And Mewtwo can actually speak English soo....yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:18 pm
Satoshi and Pikachu! -shot- XD

Bah I hate it when people assume you like having the two have sex with each other. >.<

All I got was that "ew you like them having sex, that's disgusting." statement when I had my Pikashipping thread on the TV anime section of Gaia. :p Tis dead now.

Here's the kanji/kana/whatever of the sinnoh folklore:

ひとと けっこんした ポケモンがいた
ポケモンと けっこんした ひとがいた

むかしは ひとも ポケモンも
おなじだったから ふつうのことだった

You can find it here.  

epikaa
Vice Captain

Soubi The Blue Butterfly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:29 pm
omg I HATE it when people insult you like that! I like People/Pokemon shipping too like Pikashipping (who doesn't?), Assistshipping (May/Skitty), Firstroseshipping (Drew/Roselia), and Wishshipping (Max/Jirachi). I also love Aquamarineshipping too! I support others too but meh it's too much.. I'm scared of long lists >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 pm
reannaking
Whoa, that's cool. Hmm, let me think...

Gardevoir is a classic example, methinks. With how intelligent Pokemon can be, I think that a relationship is by no means impossible.
I like the idea of Gardevoir and her former trainer from Mystery Dungeon as a couple actualy. I just seems like they would be like soul-mates or something the way she remembers, and still thinks of him kindly despite the fact that he "abandoned" her and was generaly not the nicest of people.

I havn't gotten to the point in the game were you go and try to rescue his body in the game so he can become a human again, but by reading the Ginji's Rescue Team manga it is stated that the trainer didn't mean to abandon his Pokemon, he ran away because he was scared, and regrets his decision.

Angelic Indigo Wolf

death game holic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:32 am
Yup, my sister thinks I'm crazy for shipping Ash/Pikachu.
When I was younger I was secretly an Ash/Pikachu, I guess that's where I get my love for weird pairings. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:52 pm
Axel_Neko
Yup, my sister thinks I'm crazy for shipping Ash/Pikachu.
When I was younger I was secretly an Ash/Pikachu, I guess that's where I get my love for weird pairings. rolleyes

Aww. *pats* Well you're not the only Pikashipper here. ^_^  

epikaa
Vice Captain

Saiyajin-Neko

Magnetic Phantom

9,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:09 am
Sir Aaron and Lucario4evar! xd I've not met a single person who's liked this, yet. It's sad. I also like Pikashipping, and I agree about the sex thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 am
Saiyajin-Neko
Sir Aaron and Lucario4evar! xd I've not met a single person who's liked this, yet. It's sad. I also like Pikashipping, and I agree about the sex thing.
<3<3

I like it. =^_^= And I think that parings between pokemon and people could work- not every pairing, every time, but some of them don't seem like that far of a stetch. Like ditto could easily.
<3 <3 <3

Icy Hearts

Shy Kitten

27,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Befriended 100

Kanki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:57 am
I love people and Pokemon together. :3

Of course, I like Ash x Pikachu and Gary x Eevee...

But one I really like that I can't find is Charmander x Original Trainer. It makes me sad, becase I had an AWESOME idea for a doujin or something, but since the trainer was a side character from the first season... v v"

I personally don't mind fan art of the trainers and their Pokemon engaging in sexual activities. I'm a furry. xD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:41 am
The only inter-species shipping I like is Mewtwo/Amber.  

Zarka Killerfog

Koneko-Mew

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:54 am
i like pokeshipping too!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:39 pm
Koneko-Mew
i like pokeshipping too!!

WTHeck is that supposed to do with inter-species? o-o  

epikaa
Vice Captain

RiceballHikaru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:06 am
At first, I didn't have an inter-species shipping that I liked, so I didn't have much of an opinion on the subject.

But I'm watching Pokemon some more, and now I like Tyson x His Meowth.

...nyoro~n.

_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces