Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Creationist leader uses VA Tech killings to push agenda Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:46 am
Before the bodies of the victims are even cold, Ken Ham at AnswersInGenesis.org, a well-known Creationist website, has declared the massacre at VA Tech to be related to Atheism and evolutionism.

Read more here.

Also, Jack Thompson has chosen to blame it on video games. Unfortunately, this view was parroted by the vomit-inducingly popular Dr. Phil.

AnswersInGenesis.org is a website that represents Ken Ham's efforts to remove the teaching of evolution from public schools, and to insert Christian morals into our society at a local, state and federal level. Jack Thompson is an advocate of the religious right in America, and proposes that movies, programs, books and games with sexual, drug-related or violent content be removed from circulation.

Hopefully he'll get his wish one day so we can get rid of all those copies of the Bible, Koran and Talmud.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:50 am
Jack Thompson... no surprise there. I think we all saw that one coming, but...

AiG is getting far worse over time. First the Steve Irwin thing, and now this? Those guys need a serious b***h slapping. evil

He couldn't even wait one ******** day out of respect for the grieving families and for the dead. What a ******** a*****e.  

Redem

Cirosan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:11 pm
An Open Letter to Ken Ham:

Hey, Ken. Oh, nice name, by the way. Bullied in school much? Oh, hey! They might be related! Yeah, I get it, you were persecuted for having a weird last name, so you persecute us for having different beliefs. You know that's just counter-productive, right? You need to face your own issues head on, instead of making others feel bad. Your high school counselor should have told you that...

Anyway, Hammy - You mind if I call you Hammy? - If you really want to spread your ideals, how 'bout using logical proof rather than connecting two totally unrelated subjects to perpetuate them?

Oh, that's right. You don't have any logical proof.

Carry on.

P.S. You know exploiting other's suffering for your own gain makes Jesus cry, right? Just checking.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:28 pm
Um...it's apples and oranges don't you think?

The real reason behind the killings has nothing to do with Video-games, religion, or even race. It had to do with bullying, a school not following it's own warning systems again(Columbine anyone?), and a very mentally disturbed man that needed pyschological help but didn't get it. That's my opinion...oh yeah, and attention. I think he wanted to get attention, and I guess infamy is his thing.

Really though that is just sick to try to draw a line between two completely unrelated things. It's sickening...it really is. People over here in my part of country are hurting over all of this, and some overzealous man has the guts to start jumping up and down, and using it as an excuse to perpetuate his own twisted ideas?

Yeah, but take at look at the statement though. Did you see the part were he said "The religion of Atheism"? It is when one says something like that, that you must realize not to take them seriously.

Sanguvixen

Arios V

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:55 pm
Jack Thompson: I knew it was only a matter of time before he opened his mouth. Surprised it took him this long, I expected him to have been running his mouth within 24 hours of the massacre.

Ken Ham: Are you serious? His claim doesn't even make a bit of sense, it's so illogical and lacks any/all forms of believable proof that it's not even funny.

I agree it is sickening, that not even 5 days have gone by and someone out there is trying to blame the tragedy on two things that are completely unrelated and get his completely ******** up ideas out. What sickens me even more is that while most people would say that he's a jackass, there are some people out there who listen to him and believe what he says is true. He might as well say that 9/11 was caused by Gay People (Actually, I'm sure that one might have gone through his head at one point).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:00 pm
No, Jerry Falwell already blamed 9/11 AND Katrina and Wilma on gay people.

That's his area of specialized hate, it seems. Probably because he's in the closet. Suppression's a b***h.  

Theophrastus

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:05 pm
This makes me sick. Everyone has to play off horrible events with their own agenda nowadays. It's disgusting that they use the deaths of innocents to push a dishonest point.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:07 pm
That guy blames everything on the gays, and just about anybody he doesn't like, soon He will run out of things to blame them for.

"You had a bad hair day? It was the gays!! god is punishing you for their sins!!!"

"Your head hurts? The gays!! god is punishing you!!"

"You sneezed? The gays!! God is punishing you!"

I always figured he would have a psychotic meltdown along with his buddy Fred Phelps.  

Dissnitive Blade

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:08 pm
murasame blade
That guy blames everything on the gays, and just about anybody he doesn't like, soon He will run out of things to blame them for.

"You had a bad hair day? It was the gays!! god is punishing you for their sins!!!"

I always figured he would have a psychotic meltdown along with his buddy Fred Phelps.

Or an aneurysm...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:12 pm
Jessica Malatori
murasame blade

Or an aneurysm...

If that happens -hopefully- he'll probably blame that on gay people too.  

Dissnitive Blade

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:20 pm
murasame blade
Jessica Malatori
murasame blade

Or an aneurysm...

Lol or he'll be dead. He probably has it in his will "If I die, the gays did it!"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:22 pm
Jessica Malatori
murasame blade
Jessica Malatori
murasame blade

Or an aneurysm...

Lol or he'll be dead. He probably has it in his will "If I die, the gays did it!"

Lol, Indeed.  

Dissnitive Blade

Cirosan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:26 pm
An Open Letter to Jack Thompson:

Your entire crusade against video games is un-American. Don't believe me? Watch, I'll prove it.

Ben Franklin, one of America's founding fathers, was famously quoted as saying, "Anyone who would sacrifice freedom for security deserves neither." You trying to ban/restrict video games (sacrificing freedom) in an effort to lower violence (security) is in opposition to a founding father's ideals. Therefore, your campaign is un-American.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:45 pm
RE: Falwell and Fred. Maybe they'll get caught ringleading a gay orgy. XD

RE: open letter 2. I was listening to NPR last night. The hearings against Gonzo, as we all know, did not go well for him. The subject of their use of a Patriot Act provision to sneak in a new lawyer in Arkansas was one heated point of debate, as they did so without Senate approval or even notification. One Republican congressman had the gall to, afterwards, say (paraphrasing from memory), "We love freedom and everything about it. But if we aren't willing to make sacrifices to protect it, then we don't really care about freedom at all."

Makes me ill.  

Theophrastus

Cirosan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:55 pm
Theophrastus
RE: open letter 2. I was listening to NPR last night. The hearings against Gonzo, as we all know, did not go well for him. The subject of their use of a Patriot Act provision to sneak in a new lawyer in Arkansas was one heated point of debate, as they did so without Senate approval or even notification. One Republican congressman had the gall to, afterwards, say (paraphrasing from memory), "We love freedom and everything about it. But if we aren't willing to make sacrifices to protect it, then we don't really care about freedom at all."

Makes me ill.

I swear, Republican congressmen these days would make followers of McCarthyism cry. (Thank you to those of you who got that.)

What kind of twisted ideology is that? It's a self-contradicting statement! You don't love freedom, you love your own ideals and beliefs and want to go to any means possible to spread them under the guise of perpetuating freedom! That's just like saying, "I love my life, but if I'm not willing to kill someone over it, I don't really care about it at all."  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff