anyone done a manga of their own before? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

akeikas
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:39 pm
if so, can i have a link or e-mail it to me? -^__^- I would LOVE to read them. i know leri-san is starting one! i cant wait! heart

speaking of kid artists, there is this one 11yr old who got top place for the best manga in the july edition of ribon. eek so envyous...11yr old!! ack  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:55 pm
I've written one before. I'm just waiting on my lazy artist to start drawing it. It was supposed to debut this summer as a webcomic, but I some how get the feeling this won't happen.

If she takes too much longer, I may have to try to find a new artist. That'd be a pain in the butt. But I worked really hard on the plot and script for it, so I want to see it done right.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

akeikas
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:01 pm
it would be nice to read it~ i write stories that i plan on making into a manga, but i get lazy..lol. and i end up not doing it. one story for it is in fictionpress....lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:13 pm
If you want, I can send you the first several chapters. It'd be nice to have some outside opinions on it. I just need to know if you have Word Perfect or if I have to convert it to the evil program owned by Microsoft. So evil, it shall not be named. wink

If you want a good read, you should head on over to High School Changed Me. It's a fun webcomic. I'm currently helping them out with a project they're working on. biggrin So you could say it's in my interests to promote them too.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Jinnyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:33 pm
I've tried to make one. I came up with profiles for my two main characters and even drew their faces. But it's not that detailed and it seems so flat. I drew the first three pages and didn't get passed that.

Actually... now that I look at it again. I might continue it... I just need to improve my art.... By a LOT!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:24 am
i always plan to make one,but i dont have enough tool,and my skills are bad too.

The girl is just 11???
wahh I am 12 but i still draw like 7 year ols crying
but,do you think its true that japaneese can draw better?  

GuraGura

akeikas
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:42 pm
shurry
i always plan to make one,but i dont have enough tool,and my skills are bad too.

The girl is just 11???
wahh I am 12 but i still draw like 7 year ols crying
but,do you think its true that japaneese can draw better?
erm....my friends say: we cant draw and play DDR because we arn't ASIAN!!

sweatdrop yes, i have crazy friends. lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:49 pm
I'm sorta working on one right now. It's a fantasy story and some of the characters are based on my friends and family. I started it mostly to entertain my friends (they always ask me to draw stuff for them so I figure making a manga for them will satisfy them for awhile). If you want to see some of it I can scan it. I have 2 chapters so far. And I also have a new respect for mangakas. It takes me a long time just to do one page. It must take them hours..or maybe not since they're really good... sweatdrop  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:07 pm
xd I'm actually drawing the first chapter of Origami right now Kaze-san. Unfortunately, I can't make much artwork for it (like... colored ones) because I have no manga materials but an ink pen. I'd do CG... but then I wouldn't really like it since after I'm done with that manga, I'll show it to Tokyopop... and I don't want it to look like manga made by an American.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:09 pm
Leri
xd I'm actually drawing the first chapter of Origami right now Kaze-san. Unfortunately, I can't make much artwork for it (like... colored ones) because I have no manga materials but an ink pen. I'd do CG... but then I wouldn't really like it since after I'm done with that manga, I'll show it to Tokyopop... and I don't want it to look like manga made by an American.
ic ic. i always thought of showing my manga if i finish it to ribon. lol. that is, IF. lol. i tried...the longest i have done in manga is 7 pges. lol  

akeikas
Captain

DemonHunterNaomi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:44 pm
I actually sent in a submission to one of the Tokyopop Rising Stars of Manga competitions. If I ever upload the pages to my site (which is a whole story unto itself sweatdrop ) then I'll show you guys... I was planning on starting a webcomic this summer also, but I've been so busy... I have the plot and everything worked out too... *sigh*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:47 pm
DemonHunterNaomi
I actually sent in a submission to one of the Tokyopop Rising Stars of Manga competitions. If I ever upload the pages to my site (which is a whole story unto itself sweatdrop ) then I'll show you guys... I was planning on starting a webcomic this summer also, but I've been so busy... I have the plot and everything worked out too... *sigh*
o~ i want to read it!! heart  

akeikas
Captain

SakuMeiMei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:02 pm
I'm working on one right now but it will probably never show itself on the Internet... sweatdrop My scanner doesn't work... gonk But maybe someday...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:16 pm
I currently am working on one...it might not be done in a long time though, there's like seven volumes @.@  

Karren Hilary.

SakuMeiMei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:21 pm
Karren Hilary.
I currently am working on one...it might not be done in a long time though, there's like seven volumes @.@

You're lucky...mine has atleast ten...  
CHATTERBOX. POST ALL YOUR NONSENSE HERE~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces