Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The best presentation at a school. Ever. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awesome?
  Ya.
  Somewhat.
  No.
View Results

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:00 pm
Well, just about a week ago, we had a "cultural event" in our school. These people came in and had a little performance on... guess what? EVOLUTION AND HISTORY! Oddly enough, they had it right, and it was intensely awesome. The unfortunate thing is that it wasn't my old school which was all fundies. I would have loved to see their reactions. The evolutionary theory and the big bang theory wasn't a big part of it, but they still made me happy inside. Plus, they 3 people had an awesome performance.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:22 am
My school has chapel on Wednesdays.
>.>  

Tenth Speed Writer

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:54 pm
We once had a presentation at our school with "RELIGION VS SCIENCE"

Of course, the person debating for science won. The girl for religion didn't even have any good points.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:19 pm
Jessica Malatori

Of course, the person debating for science won. The girl for religion didn't even have any good points.

We had one of those at my school not too long ago. The thing was over in less than 10 minutes when the guy for religion was rendered speechless by the guy for science. As the religion guy stormed off stage he shouted back "God hates you... God really hates you."  

Arios V

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:41 pm
Arios V
Jessica Malatori

We had one of those at my school not too long ago. The thing was over in less than 10 minutes when the guy for religion was rendered speechless by the guy for science. As the religion guy stormed off stage he shouted back "God hates you... God really hates you."

lmao.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:43 pm
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Jessica Malatori

lmao.

Precisely what everyone at the debate were doing  

Arios V

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:25 pm
Arios V
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Jessica Malatori

lmao.

Science guy: "So if you look at this data, you can see the evolution has occurred and is still believed to happening today, and with the use of carbon dating on fossils we can also see that the earth is several million years old."

Religion guy: "believe this book or you go to hell, Hell!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:07 pm
Jessica Malatori

and because of that, our school had it as "Religion AND science", what a kiss-a**.  

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:42 am
murasame blade
Arios V
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Jessica Malatori

lmao.

Science guy: "So if you look at this data, you can see the evolution has occurred and is still believed to happening today, and with the use of carbon dating on fossils we can also see that the earth is several million years old."

Wow.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:20 pm
Death God Hitsugaya
murasame blade
Arios V
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Jessica Malatori

lmao.

Wow.

That's the way it happened at my school, though that school has a high percentage of fundamentalist students, so guess who won.  

Dissnitive Blade

Alexander Blair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:28 pm
I think schools should have more presentations like that. I mean, they do teach evolution in their classes so why not have presentations at not only public schools but private christian schools as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:27 pm
Jameson77
I think schools should have more presentations like that. I mean, they do teach evolution in their classes so why not have presentations at not only public schools but private christian schools as well.

Because then the fundies complain that, conversely, Christian teaching methods should be taught at public schools, completely oblivious to the fact that their kids already learn that stuff in church.  

ProjectOmicron88

Marki2k7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 am
Jessica Malatori

That's because (supernatural) religion is utter nonsense.
Science cuts the face of religion time and time again with it's sword of reason.
I mean, really.
Is a magical sky wizard rational?
I mean, really.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:42 am
Arios V
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Jessica Malatori

lmao.

That is classic. xd  

Marki2k7

Eaten By Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:54 pm
murasame blade
Arios V
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Jessica Malatori

lmao.

That's such great evidence. >>  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas