Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Discrimination Against Chinese Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Americans Nasty?
  All Americans are Nasty
  Most of Americans are Nasty
  Some Americans are Nasty
  None of Americans are Nasty
View Results

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:14 pm
I am a Chinese, and I am proud of it.
But I believe in the U.S. there are many discriminations against Chinese/Asians.

There were times I went into a store, people looked at me like I didn't belong there. In my past high school, there was a teacher said in China there were slave labors which I believe is a lie. Last year in my college, there was a student said many diseases are from Asians. This is not true because the black plague was from Europe. He also said that Chinese people always lie. But I believe he was lying.

Life in America is not easy for people from other countries. I came to the US when I was fifteen. My mother married to an American so I came to the US to live with my mother. But when I got here my English was really not good. I was afraid to talk. This was one of the reasons my stepfather did not like me. In China, when people eat food, they use chopsticks and they lower their head above the bowl to eat. It was hard for me to change when I just came to US, but my stepfather said I ate like a dog so he put the food on the ground and made me kneel on the ground and ate the food.

About a year later after a series of incidents, I changed my ways of eating. My stepfather saw my mother taking care of me and cooked for me, and he saw me eating, he was not happy about it even I sit up straight. Later on he took out all the food from the refrigerator and the house away from home so that I did not have any food to eat. My mother had to get leftover food from her workplace to secretly bring home for me to eat. He turned off the electricity in certain rooms including my room. He even stole my lunch money my church people gave me.

Some months later my mother and I moved out into one of my church people's house. The Common Wealth of Penn has proof of his abusing me. Right now I live along with my mother, with many more problems of course. But much better than the past.

I believe there will be many Chinese who will read this post, I also believe that they will know how I felt. I don't know if anyone in this guild has been discriminated against or abused. But feel free to talk about your feelings.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When Tosh went on her US trip, this shop guy looked at us differently.

talk2hand Damn Americans.

That's what my parents told me, 'cos I was in the couch since I was car sick... XD

But if I were there, I would've slapped him. =3=;;;

It looks like Canadians are used to use though. C:

Or maybe they know if they gave us a dirty look, the Chinese mafia will beat their arse. D:

**No relevance, but one of Tosh's friend's grandpa is in the Chinese mafia... So cool. gonk

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:10 pm
t0shi0

When Tosh went on her US trip, this shop guy looked at us differently.

talk2hand Damn Americans.

That's what my parents told me, 'cos I was in the couch since I was car sick... XD

But if I were there, I would've slapped him. =3=;;;

It looks like Canadians are used to use though. C:

Or maybe they know if they gave us a dirty look, the Chinese mafia will beat their arse. D:

**No relevance, but one of Tosh's friend's grandpa is in the Chinese mafia... So cool. gonk

Did the guy say anything or do anything? Maybe Canadians are better.
Plus the Chinese mafia is in southern China.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:35 pm
Not many people in Canada, well, where I am, likes Hongers/people born in China. Reason is because they don't like our english (they make fun of it), and we spend so much time on hair in the washrooms. XD Also, they think we're spoiled. -_-" But the asians born Canada and are quite white-wash, they have no problem with them.  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 pm

Really?

Then it must be because Toronto is so Asian populated that no one really cares.

: P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:05 am
t0shi0

Really?

Haha, same here, its cuz most asians here are all white-washed. sweatdrop  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TangIzzZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:47 am
xu650863441
But I believe in the U.S. there are many discriminations against Chinese/Asians.

There were times I went into a store, people looked at me like I didn't belong there. In my past high school, there was a teacher said in China there were slave labors which I believe is a lie. Last year in my college, there was a student said many diseases are from Asians. This is not true because the black plague was from Europe. He also said that Chinese people always lie. But I believe he was lying.

Life in America is not easy for people from other countries. I came to the US when I was fifteen. My mother married to an American so I came to the US to live with my mother. But when I got here my English was really not good. I was afraid to talk. This was one of the reasons my stepfather did not like me. In China, when people eat food, they use chopsticks and they lower their head above the bowl to eat. It was hard for me to change when I just came to US, but my stepfather said I ate like a dog so he put the food on the ground and made me kneel on the ground and ate the food.

About a year later after a series of incidents, I changed my ways of eating. My stepfather saw my mother taking care of me and cooked for me, and he saw me eating, he was not happy about it even I sit up straight. Later on he took out all the food from the refrigerator and the house away from home so that I did not have any food to eat. My mother had to get leftover food from her workplace to secretly bring home for me to eat. He turned off the electricity in certain rooms including my room. He even stole my lunch money my church people gave me.

Some months later my mother and I moved out into one of my church people's house. The Common Wealth of Penn has proof of his abusing me. Right now I live along with my mother, with many more problems of course. But much better than the past.

I believe there will be many Chinese who will read this post, I also believe that they will know how I felt. I don't know if anyone in this guild has been discriminated against or abused. But feel free to talk about your feelings.

wow..that is really bad. im glad u got away from him.

i think its the same everywhere, like we all get discrimination just by the way we look or talk. we just hav to put up with it.
I was born in england and my parents are chinese but its still the same, i get racism and everythin U___U people in school used to pick on me alot because i was really shy and they didnt really know me, so they teased me because they knew i wouldnt do anything...

but now ive grown ^_^ i satand up for myself. i remember in my infants school there was this pakistani kid who was really racist to me, everytime he saw me he would call me a name. This one time my friends were fighting and then that guy jumped onto my bak so i grabbed him and pulled him off, then swung him into the wall ^___^ haha the teacher said he deserved it.

so yeh there are always people who discriminate but not all people. not just americans  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
User ImageI just had my ex-friend being racist to me yesterday >.>

Calling me chopticks and ching chong chips. Made me wanna punch him right in the face...too bad I was in the reception room of my school and my best friend was there ready to hold me back >.>

Apparently even my best friend had been racist to chinese people in the past, making fun of em when she saw em saying ching chong or chinkies >.>

I hate racial discrimination D=<

I get the feeling that racism is much worse in American then in England >.>;;;

` T a p i o c a `

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:26 am
wah, wah
that's really really mean!
D: that doesn't happen here in singapore cos there are 4 races.
our jokes about each other are all harmless.
(: spare more thought, be less racist.
*world peace*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:18 pm
[Bab! Co.]
t0shi0

Really?

when you said "white washed" do you mean they do not have Chinese culture, but white culture?  

Etaf Evael

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:19 pm
TangIzzZ
xu650863441

wow..that is really bad. im glad u got away from him.

i think its the same everywhere, like we all get discrimination just by the way we look or talk. we just hav to put up with it.
I was born in england and my parents are chinese but its still the same, i get racism and everythin U___U people in school used to pick on me alot because i was really shy and they didnt really know me, so they teased me because they knew i wouldnt do anything...

but now ive grown ^_^ i satand up for myself. i remember in my infants school there was this pakistani kid who was really racist to me, everytime he saw me he would call me a name. This one time my friends were fighting and then that guy jumped onto my bak so i grabbed him and pulled him off, then swung him into the wall ^___^ haha the teacher said he deserved it.

so yeh there are always people who discriminate but not all people. not just americans

I am glad you stand up for yourselves. That meant you stand up for the Chese race biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:22 pm
` T a p i o c a `
User ImageI just had my ex-friend being racist to me yesterday >.>

Calling me chopticks and ching chong chips. Made me wanna punch him right in the face...too bad I was in the reception room of my school and my best friend was there ready to hold me back >.>

Apparently even my best friend had been racist to chinese people in the past, making fun of em when she saw em saying ching chong or chinkies >.>

I hate racial discrimination D=<

I get the feeling that racism is much worse in American then in England >.>;;;

I am really skinny but no one has called me chopsticks or ching chong. what is ching chong chips or chinkies anyway?  

Etaf Evael

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:23 pm
kt_jingle
wah, wah
that's really really mean!
D: that doesn't happen here in singapore cos there are 4 races.
our jokes about each other are all harmless.
(: spare more thought, be less racist.
*world peace*

Glad to hear it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:33 pm
xu650863441
[Bab! Co.]
t0shi0

Really?

when you said "white washed" do you mean they do not have Chinese culture, but white culture?

Nope. I meant is that they're Chinese, born in non-asian country, but like they don't act Chinese, they dress like gangsters and all white...no asian in their background, except for their parents. Also, they listen to english music, no Chinese or whatsoever. That's why I want go Hong Kong or Japan. ^_^Y  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

a polka dot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:47 pm
    Americans are ignorant retards. Everyone should know that. surprised

But seriously, I'm really sorry that happened to you. D:

I don't really get much discrimination. Possibly because there is a very small population of Chinese in my area, and plus nowadays the media's starting to stop stereotyping Asians like they used to. =D Although, here people think Asians are perfect at everything. D: But the people who grew up with the stereotypes will probably continue to follow the stereotypes.

(Ching chong and all that crap is apparently what ignorant non-Asian people, like Rosie O' Donnell, think Chinese sounds like. =/ And "c***k" was a racial slur for Chinese, or East Asians in general, but it's rarely used as a racial slur anymore.)

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff