Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Return of the Condor Hero~currently posting translating ch.~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Jin Yong novel do u like best??
  Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre
  Legend of the Condor Hero
  Return of the Condor Hero
  Demi-God and Semi-Devil
  Book and Sword, Gratitude and Revenge
  Sword Stained with Royal Blood
  other/dunno
View Results

Lil_Dragon_Gurl

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:20 am
anybody like 2 read wuxia or watch wuxia movies?? jin yong, gu long, lian yu shen, etc.??? wats ur fav. wuxia author?? and wats ur fav. wuxia novel???

lets talk bout return of the condor hero (ROCH). its my fav. wuxia written by jin yong!!!!!!!!!!!

hey ppl im posting the english version of Return of the Condor Hero. so i u wanna read it and u cant read the chinese version then heres a chance 4 u 2 read Return of the Condor Hero. DONT MISS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 those that havnt even heard of this story u can still read it. its an awesome story!!!!!!! if ur confused speak up!!!!!!!! im willing 2 answer questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:23 am
my fav. author is jin yong.
fav. novel is ROCH
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Edited due to page stretch  

Lil_Dragon_Gurl

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:39 am
hello.
i've only watched/ read Jin yong before.
i like shen diao xiu lv too!
and she diao!  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:10 am

JING YONG!! never read others too..
me loves shen diao xia yu!! i watched so many versions of it.. but never get bored.. xd

soumakisa

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:30 pm
ummm idk.... wat is it?  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:50 pm
Will you hold me now

Never heard of it. o_O;

Hold me now My frozen heart

Yuffie__Kisaragi

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:58 pm
Wikipedia
Wǔxiá (Traditional Chinese: 武俠; Simplified Chinese: 武侠, Mandarin IPA: [wuɕiɑ], Cantonese Pinyin: mou5 hap6), literally meaning "martial (arts) heroes", is a distinct quasi-fantasy sub-genre of the martial arts genre in literature, television and cinema. Wǔxiá has figured prominently in the popular culture of Chinese-speaking areas since ancient times to the present, and the most important writers have devoted followings.

The wǔxiá genre is a blend of the philosophy of xiá (俠, "honor code", "an ethical person", "knight-errant"), and China's long history in wǔshù ("kung fu" or "martial arts"). A martial artist who follows the code of xiá is called a swordsman, or xiákè (俠客/侠客). Japan's samurai bushidō traditions, England's knight chivalry traditions, and America's gunslinger Western traditions all share some aspects with China's swordsman xiá traditions. The swordsman, however, need not serve a lord or hold any military power and they are not required to be from an aristocratic class.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:55 am
[.Mihiko-chan.]
ummm idk.... wat is it?

there martial art reading novels. lots of em r made in2 movies. like return of the condor hero written by jin yong. chor lau heung written by gu long. the maiden with white hair written by lian yu shen.  

Lil_Dragon_Gurl

Purin9191

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:43 pm
I liked watching the Condor Heroes anime. biggrin

Not sure about the novels since I've never read any.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:45 am
Jin Yong! <33

Read a couple of his.. and watched She Diao OF COURSE. It's so good. <3

Anyone seen 仙剑奇侠传?Not really a proper WuXia but it was a good TV show.. I cried at the end. xD

Niphz
Crew

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:46 am
I dunno them... actually, I only watch HK and some Korean series!  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:20 am
Niphz
Jin Yong! <33

Read a couple of his.. and watched She Diao OF COURSE. It's so good. <3

Anyone seen 仙剑奇侠传?Not really a proper WuXia but it was a good TV show.. I cried at the end. xD

i watched that movie. i cried at the end 2. =(  

Lil_Dragon_Gurl

Lil_Dragon_Gurl

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:22 am
i kno this site that translated return of the condor hero. i took part in translating a lil bit. if anybody is interested in reading return of the condor hero i can post it here.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:16 pm
heart used to love it, i have all 14 series written by jin yong in chinese! plus most of the movies/dramas based on them
sweatdrop ...now im kinda not so crazy about it anymore, but i still like it, just that like every other genre, you get tired of the repititions.... sad  

the fire within ice

Lil_Dragon_Gurl

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:41 pm
at our house we own about all of the jinyong novels but i cant read chinese so i cant enjoy it. =( i rely on the websites that translate wuxia novels. but they dont always translate the novels that i wanna read. and it takes a long time. =(  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff