Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
MY definition of EMO. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rachele il grande

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:49 pm
ok nevermind. i obviously need to get in check with other peoples definitions of emo. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:07 pm
Erm... I always thought and still do its definition was emotive hardcore a genre of music more potent then grunge to convey disillusionment with life and society... and that emo's just followed that style and idealogy into their lives and fashion... But hey, thats just my idea.

Though according to your logic... I'm emo, which I could never ever accept. D:  

Rellik San
Captain

rachele il grande

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:11 pm
It is a music, and i guess you could say the emo style originated from the music, but emo IS short for emotional, so i would also call emo a feeling and/or act.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:18 pm
Don't we have several threads about this already?
I'm curious.
This seems redundant.  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

rachele il grande

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:20 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Don't we have several threads about this already?
I'm curious.
This seems redundant.

sweatdrop im not sure, but i just realllyyy wanted to point out what I thought emo ment.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:22 pm
Okay okay okay I'll just back off mrgreen  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

rachele il grande

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:03 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

I didn't mean to sound "mean" sad  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:11 pm
But that's not what it means. That's what MTV and others have changed to mean so bands like MCR can seem more Hxc underground, when they aren't.

Emo = Emotive Hardcore. It's a type of music, you can't build a life style around riffs and beats.

You can't act a genre, you can't wear a genre.

Emo doesn't mean Emotional, that's what that word is there for in the first place. Just because kids got lazy and chat speak, doesn't mean you can shorten every word and change the meaning of it. Webster 2010 will have Because and not Cuz, Really and not Rly, and Hot not Hawt.  

Art Payment

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:27 pm
RachelInTheRye
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

You didn't sound mean, hon. That's why there was a smiley face. ----------> mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:48 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
RachelInTheRye
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

You didn't sound mean, hon. That's why there was a smiley face. ----------> mrgreen

Oh. Haha. lolz. sweatdrop  

rachele il grande

A.Box.Of.Sharp.Objects

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:58 am
EMO IS A STYLE OF MUSIC!!! There is just this whole bullshit that attatched itself to the genre.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:17 am
Moonlight Agony
But that's not what it means. That's what MTV and others have changed to mean so bands like MCR can seem more Hxc underground, when they aren't.

Emo = Emotive Hardcore. It's a type of music, you can't build a life style around riffs and beats.

Emo doesn't mean Emotional, that's what that word is there for in the first place. Just because kids got lazy and chat speak, doesn't mean you can shorten every word and change the meaning of it. Webster 2010 will have Because and not Cuz, Really and not Rly, and Hot not Hawt.

The how do you explain black and power metal fans being absolute nut jobs?

See you caqn build a life style around music, you just need to know how. razz  

Rellik San
Captain

rachele il grande

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:58 am
Moonlight Agony

I believe emo means emotional, and makes sense that it does. I know emo is a style of music, and i think the people HAVE built a lifestyle around it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 am
Rellik San
Moonlight Agony

What about Power/Black Metal fans? I have yet to meet any of these nut jobs, I'm also a fan of both genres. I'm a little odd but not nutty.

@RachelInTheRye- Why does Emo = Emotional? Is there a good reason other then the one I gave about chat speak. Did the dictionary add the word Emo followed by "See Emotional?"

People didn't build their life around a genre, they built it around a stereotype that Hot Topic and MTV put into angsty teens heads'.  

Art Payment

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:47 am
Moonlight Agony
Rellik San
Moonlight Agony

What about Power/Black Metal fans? I have yet to meet any of these nut jobs, I'm also a fan of both genres. I'm a little odd but not nutty.

@RachelInTheRye- Why does Emo = Emotional? Is there a good reason other then the one I gave about chat speak. Did the dictionary add the word Emo followed by "See Emotional?"

People didn't build their life around a genre, they built it around a stereotype that Hot Topic and MTV put into angsty teens heads'.

Black metal fans, the corpse paint, the moody violence, the outcast attitude, they tend to live the fantasy the music tries to put forward same with power metal fans (me being a power metal fan) we tend to like putting forward this image of a chivalrous knight in in metaphorical armour and go on long monologues like a fantasy character.

As for the nut jobs, given about 70% of black and power metal fans dress as goblins and wizards and beat the crap out of each other with rubber weapons on a regular basis, I think its fair to say they qualify. smile  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games