Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Things that could improve Resident Evil Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:51 am
Yes, yes, we all love Resident Evil to death and zombification. But no game is perfect. So this thread is to discuss improvements that could have been made to Resident Evil, either to the particular games or the series in general.

If it's in a particular game, be sure to specify.

I guess I'll start.

REmake: They should have merged the two storylines to show what REALLY happened in the arklay mansion, or at least made it like RE2, just have two separate storylines with scenario B supplementing scenario A.

In general, I think all the characters in RE, all the good guys, tend to be too righteous. We need a good guy who'll say, "I'm gonna kill my ally because he's infected," instead of, "Fear not, friend! I'll find the cure!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:02 pm
I realize they improved it in RE4, REmake, and RE0, but the actors weren't the best around. I also wished that they kind of did more spin-offs. I'm not saying that they make crappy games like Resident Evil Gaiden, but Dead-Aim, Gun Survivor, and Code-Veronica X are really good games, and they are side stories. I think maybe the characters need to be a little more developed.  

StriderHayato

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:04 pm
Code Veronica X wasn't really a side story, I mean, it didn't have a naumber, but it did directly relate to the two main characters... Unless, if you consider it a Side Story, then you might as well consider Resident Evil 4 to be a side story.

I think they should have had Wesker's trademark voice in REmake. It just sounds kind of odd like, we had Richard Waugh in RECVX, then this other guy, then they brought Richard back for the next 2 games. REmake kinda stands out in the middle.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Code Veronica X wasn't really a side story, I mean, it didn't have a naumber, but it did directly relate to the two main characters... Unless, if you consider it a Side Story, then you might as well consider Resident Evil 4 to be a side story.

I think they should have had Wesker's trademark voice in REmake. It just sounds kind of odd like, we had Richard Waugh in RECVX, then this other guy, then they brought Richard back for the next 2 games. REmake kinda stands out in the middle.

I guess I understand what you mean about the side stories. I just really liked how Dead-Aim had nothing really to do with the characters from Raccoon City, but it still was a great game. I guess I just want another story with new characters and monsters. That's part of the reason why I like RE4 so much.  

StriderHayato

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:08 pm
Okay while we're on the subject... Dead Aim... Could have been better if they made it longer.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:12 pm
I agree it was too short, but then again it could've been a long and terrible game, but I still enjoyed it despite it's length.

This maybe contradicting what I said earlier about Gun Survivor, but the only thing I didn't like about it was that it was turned into a House of the Dead type game. I really enjoyed the puzzles in the classic games, because that was what made the game so challenging, besides staying alive. I can understand as to why Capcom tried a new approach for RE though.  

StriderHayato

underweargnome

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:51 pm
Pretty sure this goes without saying for outbreak- but the use of mics for communication online.
I know they wanted to make the game harder, but still :s even keyboards wouldn't be SO bad, but mics would make it pretty sweet. More levels too.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:56 pm
underweargnome
Pretty sure this goes without saying for outbreak- but the use of mics for communication online.
I know they wanted to make the game harder, but still :s even keyboards wouldn't be SO bad, but mics would make it pretty sweet. More levels too.
Like I said in the other thread, with mics, you'd get a bunch of annoying assholes plaing their music and ruining the mood of the game. I don't play Resident Evil because I want to play online, I play it because I want to be immersed in the game and online players provide the most intelligence as opposed to the, otherwise dumb, AI.  

Biohazard EXTREME

silversquall

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:04 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

I could be wrong, but I though that, despite the 4 moniker, RE4 was considered to be a sidestory, officially.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:31 pm
silversquall
Biohazard EXTREME

I could be wrong, but I though that, despite the 4 moniker, RE4 was considered to be a sidestory, officially.
I think they stated that AFTER other people mentioned the fact that it feels like a side story.  

Biohazard EXTREME

silversquall

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:46 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
silversquall
Biohazard EXTREME

I think they stated that AFTER other people mentioned the fact that it feels like a side story.

Hmm...yeah, that sounds just about what a well-known game company would do to repair its mistakes I guess, lol.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:00 pm
silversquall
Hmm...yeah, that sounds just about what a well-known game company would do to repair its mistakes I guess, lol.

Tell me about it. When people complained about how Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks had a bad storyline that was full of plotholes, Midway said that the game didn't count.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:44 pm
Okay... I've been thinking about it, and here's a storyline that, I think, would have suited Resident Evil 4 much better. And it could have worked with the original RE4 footage, before the game was redone.

So the government sends Leon to Spain. Except instead of president's daughter being kidnapped, it was actually a secret government weapon that was stolen, and the nature of it is confidential, they just explain what the case that the weapon was in looks like, so Leon has to retrieve that.

He goes to Spain to find these new enemies, they're not Ganados, but they're not zombies. They're like, mutated humans with little to no intelligence, and various other monsters.
As he advances, he discovers a Military facility, and Ada and Krauser are there too much like they were in RE4, they're out to get the government weapon. But they know what it is.

So then in the end, Leon gets to the heart of this Spanish organization, where Game's villain (who isn't Saddler, because saddler sucked) tells Leon that the weapon he's looking for no longer exists. Then afterwards, Leon finds these computer files that talk about the administration of the Progenitor virus, which is what made your enemies in the game.

So then you come to realize that what they stole from the government was the Progenitor Virus, one of the samles that the Government got from Umbrella before Umbrella's secret came out and the government had to pretend that they cared, but nuking Raccoon City and denying having collaborated with Umbrella.

So then Leon comes to the terrifying conclusion that the guys he's working for are no better than Umbrella. Ada gets a sample of the Progenitor Virus, the only known virus that Wesker didn't have a sample of and Leon is reported dead by the government...
In reality, Leon went underground.

I think that would have made RE4 much more interesting, you'd be getting rid of zombies, but at the same time, you wouldn't be introducing some lame new idea with ancient Parasites... That somehow managed to be buried in the mines despite being more evolved than any other parasite on the planet.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:38 am
I agree with you Biohazard. I think that storyline would've made a better one than the original. I know this is really repetetive, but the benefit from that storyline is that you wouldn't have to protect Ashley.  

StriderHayato

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:53 am
Geez... You know how you said that Sun Survivor seemed too much like House of the Dead... Imagine how Umbrella Chronicles is gonna feel.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff