Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
So what else do you do? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuadu

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:50 am
So, when you're not out there corrupting the minds of today's youth, involved in the occult conspiracy to take over the world, evoking Enochian archangel to visible appearance, worshiping Satan and/or playing D&D while listening to death metal, what do you do for fun?  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:37 am
I sat here for a few minutes and came to the conclusion, "Nothing, really". o.o;

But naw. I guess all my hobbies and stuff are generic stock answers.

I love reading (lately I've been reading more nonfiction (occult, actually XD) books than fiction), love writing (just starting a novella-of-sorts, plus a Silent Hill fanfiction), love drawing (nothing awesome, but I'm getting there), and I love videogaming (currently playing Silent Hill 3, wewt!)

It's weird, just a few days ago I was feeling guilty that the occult hadn't taken as big a part in my life as it had for other people, but now that you've asked this question, I guess it really kinda has. XD  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Fife`

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:16 pm
Similar, yes, I know, but a first post has to come somewhere..

I've been reading moar fiction than non-fiction, fantasy (Martin, Feist etc.) which is shocking, I know . I've been trying to draw some concept art for a few mods- Zelda:Source, Red Dawn and an idea of my own, all for the Half Life 2 engine. Though I've realised I really can't draw unless I have a source =/
As far as writing goes, I get fits and starts of inspiration which usually last a day or two- in which I write lots, then the rest of the time nothing.
I'll listen to any music, srsly ._.
For example, my music library ranged from Dizzee Rascal to Cradle of Filth, The Best of Clubland to Venom to Liberty X to Tool to Sting to the Lighthouse Family.
And StS are gods.

As far as current occult-ish interests, a mixture of (dare I say it) Satanist theory- though not practice and an increasing interest in druidry. (Druidism, oosps =/)

I also have some form of belief in Taoism, though I use the Tao Te Ching as more of a self-help book and hold Taoism to be fairly self-evident and therefore not sacred*. Which leaves a big yawning gap in my "Something Sacred" space.

Mitsh helps with this occasionally.

*Meaning it doesn't really affect my day-to-day life.

For those of you not familiar with Taoism, the "I hold Taoism to be self evident" doesn't mean that I am closed-minded, far from it. It seems to me that the principles of Taoism hold a strong similarity with key concepts from basic law and generally being nice.

Great =/
I've now hijacked this thread AND made m'self out to be a fundamentalist =/

Make what y'will of it <3  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:30 am
Well, it's funny because the occult is a huge portion of my life. I compare it to a tree, with my spiritual interests being the roots and everything else in my life being the branches. The spiritual is in the rest of it and brings it all to life. So when I'm reading, it's generally occultish books. If I'm drawing, it's generally occultish drawings. I do like videogames, though I find I don't have a whole lot of time to play them. On my days off I usually go visit friends and actually get to see my boyfriend. And I loooooove tarot cards! I collect them!  

Loagaeth

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:55 am
Lol. Hm, what do I do...I sing, act, play soccer, draw & paint. Stuff like that. I alos enjoy writing poetry. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:07 pm
Hmm, I suppose I should answer my own question, huh?

Actually, I'm fairly dull. With a not quite 5 month old I don't have a lot of free time. When I do have it I'm likely to be doing edits on my dissertation. Failing that I'm probably reading. I've been reading the Dresden Files books lately (medium fantasy occult fiction) and generally read fantasy rather than sci fi. I haven't actually played AD&D for many years but I do role play, mostly White Wolf games, though I'm in a Warhammer fantasy game at the moment.

I occasionally paint, and am working on a sort of mandala consisting of the Myo-o or Buddhist wisdom gods.

And, of course, there are the various and sundry occult things I'm interested in, and my current project, which you can read about in my Gaia journal.  

Nuadu

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:09 pm
You've got a baby too? That's awesome. Gabe is just turning 8 months tomorrow and yeah, he's a big handful now! Pic please? ^^

I play D&D once a week, sometimes more, I work full time, I'm on Gaia a fair bit and I organize our local Pagan Pride day event as well as sit on the local Council for the local Pagan Association in my area. The two are hand in hand at the moment which suits me just fine!

I'm also getting married in just under a month heart so that's been taking up a lot of time too. I'll be happy when it's done! Also, just found out today that my sister is pregnant with her first child so I'm going to be an aunty! 4laugh

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:17 pm
EladrinStarmist
You've got a baby too? That's awesome. Gabe is just turning 8 months tomorrow and yeah, he's a big handful now! Pic please? ^^

Worship the baby! I do believe I've seen the pics of yours on your profile.

Quote:
I play D&D once a week, sometimes more

What edition, if I may ask?  

Nuadu

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:00 pm
3.5 of course.

Omg your daughter is adorable! Such a cutie pie! And yes, Gabe is in my profile. ^^ She had a lot of hair when she was born. smile Gabe did too but darker.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:35 am
EladrinStarmist
3.5 of course.

Omg your daughter is adorable! Such a cutie pie! And yes, Gabe is in my profile. ^^ She had a lot of hair when she was born. smile Gabe did too but darker.

Ah, old school first edition, here.

Yes, Ilyana is freaking adorable. Starting to sharpen my swords and knives now in preparation for when she's a teen.  

Nuadu

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:54 pm
heh. That's exactly the reason Ryan doesn't want any daughters.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:35 pm
I draw, write, listen to music, talk with friends, spend lotsa time OUTSIDE...

What else? I do a lot of reading. And I spend LOTS of time thinking. I like socializing, but right now I'm not in the mood to talk to people. Lately, I've just been listening to people. Because even typing stuff online's been giving me a mental headache. I think I'm going through an antisocial phase.  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 pm
I beat up little kids at karate.
I do some NC-17 stuff with my boyfriend.
I'm an adept in the arcane art of programming.
I come up with hairbrained business ideas.
I bask in my unemployment.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:05 pm
I read and write (fantasy mostly), and I also knit and crochet, and recently I picked up embroidery. I guess that's all somewhat craft-related though; I like to do knot magic with the knitting and crochet (it just kind of....happens sometimes. Repetative tasks are really great for that), and well...I read, write, and draw fantasy. I'm maybe a little nuts.  

LadyAnubis

kpelli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 pm
ok.... what do I do in my sparetime?? Hmmm well for a job I drive evile little children to and from school. (Seriously im a special needs bus driver) I like to read anything paranormal as I am a leader of a group...I try to learn as much so I can answer my questions as well as everyone else's......I do crafts and take care of 5 children...Thats it =)

Fearless One  
The Café (General Chat)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces