Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
It's my personal time, dammit! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:00 pm
Brian: *Throws a basketball upwards, shooting into the air blindly* So remind we why we aren't doing anything with these people today?

Because... I'm tired.

Brian: Oh, no you aren't. You went to work. Woop-de-flippin' do.

I'm... having a mental breakdown.

Spyke: Nick, 3 different groups of people called to hang out with you today. One of which is someone's BIRTHDAY.

Ya, and I sorta forgot to get her present.

Spyke: Oh. Well then it might be a good idea to avoid that one. But you still need to get out and about. You haven't even run in weeks.

Oh come on. I've been waiting for summer since forever. Can't I just have Nick-time?

Brian: Nick-time? Sounds perverted.

Spyke: *Sigh*

Ok, you know what I mean, Brian. Plus, this book is annoying me.

Brian: Good god, you've hardly started it!

Ya, and do you know how hard it is to start a book? Hell, it's a lot harder than finishing one. In my opinion. I mean, you have to be careful about all the information you're throwing at the reader right from the get-go. That, and you also have to make it more creative than other book openers.

Spyke: Well, from what I've read of the beginning of your book, it's not very orig-

SHUT UP!

Brian and Spyke: eep...

Hawk is deep into book writing. Don't bug him... he may lash out with a cookie-fueled fury. Speaking of cookies, I haven't had any in soooo looong crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:09 pm
Snickerdoodle? *offers*

Hey, dude, if you need help, I've written two full-sized novels. Always ready to help my Hawk. heart  

KirbyVictorious

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:18 pm
PS: Writing in MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) is a great idea. I should try it. Only it'd be weird, like:

Introducing Kamile (girl) and Everan (boy), fourteen, who have neatly divided my personality in half.

Kamile: why're you sitting inside all day? Arencha gonna go swiming or running or something useful?

Everan: Yeah, that'd be a great idea. Since it's summer and all. Or maybe you should read a book or something.

Kamile: That's a stupid idea.

Everan: It's better than hanging around on the internet!

Kamile: But there's a trillion other things to do! Go find that lizard and play with him! tease your fish! PLay a video game! Princess something, yeah!

Everan: That's even stupider, what's the point?

Kamile: Nuh-uh!

Everan: Yeah-huh!

ME: Hey, shut up, I'm trying ot write your book!

Kamile: Ooh, which part?

Everan: The part where we're goofing off, or the part where you kill us?

ME: Uh...which one?

Kamile: It's something fun, right?

ME: Fun for me, yes. It's towards the end--

Everan: Of which book? Or of our, what, tenth life?

ME: Of the story. It's romantic and crap.

Kamile: Ew.

ME: But you're in it!

Kamile: Well I don't remember.

ME: That's because in this part you're seventeen.

Everan: Oh, we live to be seventeen? Yeah, thanks for that. I knew you were writing our deaths AGAIN.

ME: Sorrry, I gotta write it a few times to get it right! And anyway, you're not dying.

Everan: Yet!

ME: Everybody dies sometime.

Kamile: Uh, do we have to? Can't we, you know, just kinda live forever?

ME: To my credit, I haven't gotten to any death scenes yet.

Everan: Liar. You killed ME!

ME: sweatdrop

And that's about where that would end. Naturally.

Good idea. xp  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:08 pm
xd xd xd

It's posts like those that I just have to sit and wonder 'What the hell goes on in that girl's head...?'  

BlackHawkGS

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:52 pm
Shame on you Hawk!

Not running in weeks tsk tsk -shakes head-

Do you have an iPod? or some MP3? Well grab it get out running..

Tis the best type of brain storming. Whenever I am writing I always have ipod buds in my ears and jammin!

And besides running clears your head, and the music provides the creative flow.

It works. Trust me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Haha, do not worry, JakAttack. I will be doing a ton of running soon. Cross-country practice starts in 1 and half weeks, so I'll definitely get my fair share of fitness in during that time.

And I've been doing a lot of brain-storming too. I mean, I go outside to "shoot hoops" all the time, when I'm really just throwing around a bunch of ideas for my stories while playing basketball. I also listen to my iPod for at least 30 or so minutes before bed every night, which will generate entire scenes for my stories (I enjoy making little music videos in my head xd )

But I suppose... that's where I'm stumped. I have all this free time, this over-whelming amount of ideas, but... no will to write.

It's always confused me. I don't know what's discouraging me to write. It's just every time I get ready to type something up, with the instrumental music going and the Microsoft Word running, I... just go off and do something else.

I'm starting to get better. I mean, I did actually get my book started. Better than nothing rolleyes

I don't know... I wonder if it's the open-endedness there is in writing (yes, I just made up the word 'open-endedness'. I'm that awesome.) I think my life is just way too... structured at times. Ya know? My mom worries about me WAY too much, even to the point where she's arranging schedules with my boss at work (just a tad bit embaressing...) so maybe it's her fault. And whenever I get invited to a party that's outside of what I had originally planned, I might just blow it off. Ha, I can't begin to count the amount of times I had intended to runaway, but I knew the change would drive me nuts.

So now when I get to the wide-open, endless land of writing, I run away.

Wow. That post was a lot longer and deeper than intended. sweatdrop  

BlackHawkGS

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:52 am
Awww, Hawky.

First of all, wondering what the hell goes on in my head is a very smart thing to do, because if you figure it out I'll supply you with a lifetime of cookies. A writer's head may be a little crowded, but a novelist's head is always confused and jumbled up. Why? Because (most) novelists have the entire story in their head just waiting to be poured out.

HAwky, advice for you:

Pick a part that you like best, that you think about the most, and sit there and think the words in your head. Plan out a few paragraphs word for word while maybe laying on your bed (try no music, just silence, and if it doesn't work get some that's appropriate NO RAP BECAUSE I HATE RAP unless it's "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor >.<). Just chillax and let the movie in your head start (My head TV is a Yoshiba big screen! What's yours?)

It's best to think the scene through a few times, then try to start from a good point--it doesn't even have to be in the beginning!--and read the book in your mind. If you have audio memory, say it out loud, even if you feel like a ranting hobo. Tnen you go to your computer or notebook, whichever works for you, and you write the words you planned out. It doesn't matter if you get them exactly correct or not, just get it written down. The rest should flow from there.

And then get your lazy butt off the bed, write three pages a day or else Kirby kills you, and get running.

Need more help, just ask me! heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:21 am
Quote:
And then get your lazy butt off the bed, write three pages a day or else Kirby kills you, and get running.

Stop calling me Hawky! My avatar has a frickin' cigerette in his mouth! How is that cute!?!?

... jk xd . Thanks Kirby. I'll try that when I get home from taking my sister swimming, and then hanging out with my friend Luke all afternoon... (see why I didn't want to do anything yesterday!? Once my busy life starts, it takes off.)  

BlackHawkGS

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:29 am
You know Luke? Omg.. Sweet. I loves Luke. xd That was just weird actually.. Luke is the name of my running buddy. He is one of our guys that won the state title for the 4 x 800.

Luke is amazing. Takky loves him.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:04 pm
Reese has a best friend named Luke too.

I don't have a luke though.

Except in a book, Martin the Warrior's daddy.

emo  

KirbyVictorious

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:07 pm
Redwall?

wow.. I havent read those books since I was like.. 8 maybe younger..  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:13 pm
11. I read 'em all. Except I'm not buying any more, the new ones kinda suck. High Rhulain wasn't that bad though.

I attribute those books to my win for book points that year...the average is like, 110 for me, but that year I got 455. >.<  

KirbyVictorious

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:44 pm
He is getting old.. He was an amazing author in his prime.

But honestly he should have stopped while he was ahead.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:52 pm
Yes. With that other one. What was it now? The one before Rakkety Tam?  

KirbyVictorious

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:05 pm
Never read Rakkety Tam.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items