Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Beer Cap Necklaces Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wheeee poll
  wheee
  crackhead
  takes moneies and runs away
View Results

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:42 am
So I found this really cool necklace in a book so I got my Dad to get Beer Caps from the guys he works with.....I got half a plastic grocery bag in one day. sweatdrop Lucky it was warm out so I worked outside and they dried really fast.

This is 7 of the 12 I made
User Image

How it looks on a chain
User Image

A close up of the Dragonfly and Water One
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:21 am
Thats so cute. ^^ You should use root beer caps for them- then the front and back wuld be equally fun. (then again, not everyone is as addicted to good root beer as I am)  

Silver Mist

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:28 am
Silver Mist
Thats so cute. ^^ You should use root beer caps for them- then the front and back wuld be equally fun. (then again, not everyone is as addicted to good root beer as I am)

mmm... rootbeer....

And Cricket Cola, or other bizarre drinks like that. Personally, i wouldn't want to use beer for them, in case my necklace got flipped around backwards.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:18 pm
Those pendants are adorable but I agree with the others, soda caps would suit me better. I really wouldn't like it if people saw the back and thought I drank beer. Years ago when my mom was trying to make her own wine we had some blank bottle caps that she had bought somewhere, my guess would be from a "homebrewing" catalog.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:54 pm
Oh! Or, if you dont like pop, try this stuff called "The Switch". Its juice thats reconstitued with sparkling water instead of flat water. VERY yummy. ^^(lol- now I"ve got to go find a bottle- it's calling to me)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:56 pm
How do you put the loop ontop to hang it on? I've made magnets similar (not as pretty though) but i could never figure out how to make them a pendant.  

caffinated_tulip

RocknRollDragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:07 am
That is the koolest thing ever!!!!!!!! And it's also a good idea for birthday presents..... xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:30 am
Those are cute! heart  

Brunette_Star

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:00 pm
caffinated_tulip
How do you put the loop ontop to hang it on? I've made magnets similar (not as pretty though) but i could never figure out how to make them a pendant.

DITTO!!!
*I beg you for a tute on that* because your pendants are super freakin' awesome!!! heart biggrin

I don't know if they have them wherever you are, but a couple of good glass bottled sodas we have are Jones' Soda & Izze smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:21 pm
maybe I'm just a Harry Potter nut... but did you get that from luna lovegood?  

Lee Kushrenada

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:38 am
Oh, those are wonderful! We were saving our beer caps to make rattles and sistrums, but that's a good idea too!

And all our beer is actual beer (not that Coors/Bud/Miller/crap) so half the time you'd never know it was a beer cap from the design. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:43 am
Lee - You are diff a HP nut I didn't even know she had beer cap necklaces

You take a pointy thing that has a screwdriver handle (sorry I can't remember what it is called sweatdrop ) and poke a hole in the side of the cap and then screw an Eye Screw in it.

I've actually started painting the backs cuz I'm thinkin' of selling them

oooo we have jone's at big bee's! *toddles off to seehow much they cost*  

sparklingbutterfly

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:44 am
I think you speak of an awl.

How did you do the inside? Just super glue charms in?

And happy hunting with the sales! I may do the same at fairs around here. I don't think we'll be competing. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:03 pm
eh yes I'm a dork, but I'm going to be doing this till the 21st... and quite some time after wile were talking about it.

very cool though. 3nodding  

Lee Kushrenada

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:14 pm
Those are awesome! Very very cool smile  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers