Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Rational Response Squad. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kerushi_rii

Opinionated Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:25 pm
I'm just wondering how many people know who they are. If so, let's chat about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:13 pm
If anyone KNOWS who they are i dont' think they're gonna disclose that info on the internet... especially when they already receive death threats and stuff... domokun  

AnonymouZ

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:24 pm
Their intentions are good, but a few of their methods seem a bit too outwardly hostile.

(I.E.: The Blaphemy Challenge, though the far-right responses to it had me in a fit of giggles.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:36 pm
They're basically a group of militant atheist extremists. Although Rook Hawkins seems to be more casual and collected than the others.

Somewhat.

They're fun to listen to when you're bored out of your skull, though.  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:16 pm
Yeah, they're militant extremists because they go around bombing abortion clinics and shoot doctors who revel in sin.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:34 am
Baron von Turkeypants
Yeah, they're militant extremists because they go around bombing abortion clinics and shoot doctors who revel in sin.

Of course they do. Don't you realize that Brian Sapient killed Jerry Falwell three weeks ago?

o_o

Relax. It's called comparative speaking. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, they're about as militant as atheists come.  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:56 am
...who?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:45 am
Semper Fiasco
Baron von Turkeypants

Of course they do. Don't you realize that Brian Sapient killed Jerry Falwell three weeks ago?

o_o

Relax. It's called comparative speaking. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, they're about as militant as atheists come.
So in your view, there is a such thing as militant Amish?  

Baron von Turkeypants

Cirosan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:05 am
I feel their presence is necessary. There must always be extremists (not the violent kind) for any cause, otherwise one opinion would always rule.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:11 am
Baron von Turkeypants
Semper Fiasco
Baron von Turkeypants

o_o

... I fail to see what the Amish have to do with anything. But even so, I'm sure they don't all think alike.  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:54 am
Semper Fiasco
Baron von Turkeypants
Semper Fiasco
Baron von Turkeypants

o_o

... I fail to see what the Amish have to do with anything. But even so, I'm sure they don't all think alike.

There isn't really a whole lot of violent amish people.

And extremist athiests? Great another group of self appointed "always right" mo-fo's.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:20 pm
Your cynicism doesn't lend credence to your stance, Shedra. The reason that it is typical to react to groups who say they are correct is because so many of them, throughout the centuries, have been founded on utter bullshit.

RRS, you and I stand on the exact same arguments and lines of thought. So let us not so hastily judge.  

Theophrastus

kerushi_rii

Opinionated Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:30 pm
Wow... I got replies... most topics I start anywhere go DEAD.

It's interesting to see the views. I do agree with somethings they stand for, but I'm a little biased with them. My sister is in it. I just want other people's opinions.

AnonymouZ
If anyone KNOWS who they are i dont' think they're gonna disclose that info on the internet... especially when they already receive death threats and stuff... domokun

It's not like they are the only group who has ever gotten death threats.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
Semper Fiasco
Baron von Turkeypants

o_o

Dude whats with the hostilities and its called not taking things so literaly. I also agree with semper fiasco they are the radical extreme in atheism.  

SkeletonPhoenix

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:28 pm
This is the first time I've ever heard of such a group.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff