Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Stem Cell Research Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stance
  Pro-life
  Pro-research
  On the Fence
View Results

RenFlower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:06 am
Debate Stem Cell Research here. Discuss whether you are for or against it. Put your thoughts on the subject here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:07 am
I personally think that embryo's are not alive as they don't show Homeostasis or adaption. Though, straying from from the definition, i believe that they arn't alive as they are completely dependent on another being. Also, they are not capable of any form of thought. One form being instinct. Also, I believe that millions of people could benefit from this kind of research. Please don't flame me... *runs for cover*  

RenFlower

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:26 pm
RenFlower
I personally think that embryo's are not alive as they don't show Homeostasis or adaption. Though, straying from from the definition, i believe that they arn't alive as they are completely dependent on another being. Also, they are not capable of any form of thought. One form being instinct. Also, I believe that millions of people could benefit from this kind of research. Please don't flame me... *runs for cover*

well.... i guess brain dead people arent "alive", by your definition, because they are dependant on machines, or people in comas[certain types] ... ive already made my comments on this subject  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:45 am
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower

well.... i guess brain dead people arent "alive", by your definition, because they are dependant on machines, or people in comas[certain types] ... ive already made my comments on this subject

Or Paralyzed people if you want to get more extreme!!! So should we just kill them all (it would save us social security!!!)  

The Hallowed Mouse

RenFlower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:09 am
ok, obviously i worded that wrong...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:13 pm
Still, think of all the benefits and lives that would be saved. Isn't it worth it?  

RenFlower

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:37 pm
RenFlower
Still, think of all the benefits and lives that would be saved. Isn't it worth it?

and if it doesnt work, millions killed... and its not like stem cell research on embryos is the only way  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:12 pm
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower

and if it doesnt work, millions killed... and its not like stem cell research on embryos is the only way

I agree with 117, plus humanity has survived without stem cell research for thousands of years, we could be fine without it.  

Kysaara

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:07 am
BlueSpartan058
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower

I agree with 117, plus humanity has survived without stem cell research for thousands of years, we could be fine without it.

Yep!!! to top this subject off I was reading yesterday

'If your Pro-life and wrong, you at least thought you were saving lifes

If your Pro-Choice and wrong, you slaughtered millions'

So isn't it better to be Pro-life and wrong???  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:55 pm
I believe your making a direct insult to me and my position. That's not debating, that's attacking Mouse! I'm pro-choice, and i'm thinking of the millions of lives that could be saved physically, mentally, and emotionally. I believe direct and pointless flames are against the rules! I understand ur position, but that doesn't justify your attacking my personaility and way of thinking just because i'm pro-choice. Just like i don't appreciate it being assumed that because i'm pro-choice i don't respect people and lives!  

RenFlower

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:21 am
RenFlower
I believe your making a direct insult to me and my position. That's not debating, that's attacking Mouse! I'm pro-choice, and i'm thinking of the millions of lives that could be saved physically, mentally, and emotionally. I believe direct and pointless flames are against the rules! I understand ur position, but that doesn't justify your attacking my personaility and way of thinking just because i'm pro-choice. Just like i don't appreciate it being assumed that because i'm pro-choice i don't respect people and lives!

sweatdrop once again sorry, I just wanted to place something I read, I wasn't attacking your position, it was someone else's words that I put down... I believe the rules are no flaming people, positions I see as different though, because no matter how hard we try we are going to do that... something as little as saying I'm not Pro-life could be considered as a hatred act... but I am truly sorry!!!

About the saving millions of lives, what about the childrens 'lives' you are supporting the destruction of? ... I know that you might possibly save lives with the research, but we have to meet some morals and ethics. Also, we have made more medical breakthroughs in stemcell research with umblical cords, and animal embryos  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:30 pm
I don't know too much on this subject, so i don't have much more to say. I'm really unsure of how stem cell research works.  

RenFlower

RenFlower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:33 pm
Mouse of Water
RenFlower

sweatdrop once again sorry, I just wanted to place something I read, I wasn't attacking your position, it was someone else's words that I put down... I believe the rules are no flaming people, positions I see as different though, because no matter how hard we try we are going to do that... something as little as saying I'm not Pro-life could be considered as a hatred act... but I am truly sorry!!!

About the saving millions of lives, what about the childrens 'lives' you are supporting the destruction of? ... I know that you might possibly save lives with the research, but we have to meet some morals and ethics. Also, we have made more medical breakthroughs in stemcell research with umblical cords, and animal embryos

Yeah, again me too. I guess it just sounded like you were saying that Pro-choice and the likes didn't take that stuff into consideration. And that we didn't care about peoples lives. I shouldn't have, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:35 pm
RenFlower
I don't know too much on this subject, so i don't have much more to say. I'm really unsure of how stem cell research works.

IDK either, I just know that they take an egg, grow a baby, then scrape out the organs (I know that it sounds evil but that's not exactly how they do it I think now they just grow the organ needed... but I'm not sure)  

The Hallowed Mouse

RenFlower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:31 pm
Oh god that sounds awful eek ! If they only grow the organs then it's not as bad. Also, I don't think it would be so bad if they did that with aborted babies. Better than them just dying.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff