Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
So what of the DVD Cover? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:41 pm
I went to Amazon.com recently to see the US and UK versions of the cover, I like the US version better but I was expecting something a little better and more cleverly related to the movie smile

You?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:02 am
Hmmm... The American cover does look better, mainly because it's not overloaded with characters like the UK version is.  

Zoutout

Appoggiatura

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:10 am
I've read that they're subject to change.

Personally, I'd like the DVD cover to look like the Guide cover. But, that's just me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:49 am
Appoggiatura
I've read that they're subject to change.

Personally, I'd like the DVD cover to look like the Guide cover. But, that's just me.

Oh God, that's brilliant. eek  

Clockwork Sun

Jupiter-X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:42 pm
dissapointing choice for cover art yes, but I have the same thing as a movie poster on my bedroom wall (as well as several nintendo power centerfolds), and it's not too bad. and you KNOW there's gonna be a special edition xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:04 am
There better be, I love loads of special features. And there better be audio commentaries that are actually interesting and point out things that you didn't know  

Merlinssister

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:24 pm
Merlinssister
There better be, I love loads of special features. And there better be audio commentaries that are actually interesting and point out things that you didn''t know

biggrin ''Course, we already know everything... "Members of Douglas''s family appear as extras in this scene"... "This dude played Arthur in the TV series"... "That''s Marvin from the TV series"... etc. etc. xd

But yes, special features are t3h luv. And sometimes even audio commentary can yield hilarious quotes, such as, "Another day, another leotard"... ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:26 am
The Lord of the Rings cast commentaries are the best ones because they involve loads of weird stuff about the people who play the hobbits (like the fact that Elijah Wood smokes) and people slagging off Viggo Mortenson who plays Aragorn becsause they're jealous of him. Pretty hilarious and usually actually interesting xd  

Merlinssister

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:18 pm
Merlinssister
The Lord of the Rings cast commentaries are the best ones because they involve loads of weird stuff about the people who play the hobbits (like the fact that Elijah Wood smokes) and people slagging off Viggo Mortenson who plays Aragorn becsause they're jealous of him. Pretty hilarious and usually actually interesting xd

LotR had the greatest cast commentaries ever. They're so far my favorite of all the cast commentaries I've ever watched. And I do love to watch the commentaries!
I loved the bit about Legolas' Lembas Commercial. "Lembas: One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a full grown man."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:11 pm
Tinnumir
Merlinssister

LotR had the greatest cast commentaries ever. They're so far my favorite of all the cast commentaries I've ever watched. And I do love to watch the commentaries!
I loved the bit about Legolas' Lembas Commercial. "Lembas: One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a full grown man."

Since you like them, I recommend the commentary tracks for any Kevin Smith movie and Evil Dead II. They're hilarious.

As for the DVD cover, it's a bit... meh. I like the idea of using the guide cover (special edition maybe?). I would have liked to see somthing like the promo poster:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Zombies Ate My Savior

Daska

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:13 am
I don't like the covers at all, but I plan to buy the movie the first day it comes out. So I'm going to have to wrap the movie in a towel so I won't have to look at the hidiousness of the movie cover.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:55 pm
Daska
I don't like the covers at all, but I plan to buy the movie the first day it comes out. So I'm going to have to wrap the movie in a towel so I won't have to look at the hidiousness of the movie cover.

Just another use for a towel I suppose.

Super Radical

Daska

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:53 pm
Doubtful Salmon
Daska

Just another use for a towel I suppose.
xd That it is. That it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:10 am
Tinnumir
Merlinssister

That was great, I love Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaughan in the commentaries. They're great xd  

Merlinssister

Zombies Ate My Savior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:14 pm
Daska

Or you can print out your own.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games