Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Wi-Fi Connection
Ye Olde MASTER Pokemon gym thread. dun make n e mor. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:28 pm
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW GYM ENTRIES! WE ARE EXCEPTING ALL CHALLENGES! READ DA SECOND POST

forewarning: not all the gymleaders here are active, with the release of gold and silver on DS i might spark up anew tourny, though i personally am going to hold out for a crystal version. i ain't gettin screwed out of features i coulda had.

~Gym Leadership!~

to enter into here, you must state a style you'll go for, any team will work but you must have a main theme that I approve.

~Entry~

Name:
Main Theme:
Pokemon 1:
Pokemon 2:
Pokemon 3:
Pokemon 4:
Badge Name:

you may only use up to 4 pokemon. no gym leader nowadays has more than 4 so we shall keep the tradition.
IMPORTANT! your teams level must be 100, or you might not do so well. I have put no level limit on here.

~Battle Format~

the battle style will be branch format, there will be 8 sectors, the winners from each one will become a possible gym leader but then an eliination tourny shall begin among those who lost, two will come out on top for a chance to face those they lost against in the prelims, after that our 8 gyms will be decided.

after you win and become a gym leader, you will need a badge design, either you can make it or have someone make one for you, but send the image to me in the end.

Burden of the Gym leader
you will have to try and be an active leader in order to remain one, if you feel that you cannot do it any longer, you may step down and others will fight for you position in another grueling tournament.

Resigning as gym leader:
if you feel you can no longer do this send me a resignation form and we'll have some one put in your place, or if you want, you can send your team to me. (I'll handle with great care don't worry.) and whenever you can again battle as gym leader, send me a message again and i'll send your team back.

BATTLE STYLE AND HOW TO WIN!

I've decided to use a simple trust system, the trust part I'll explain at the end.

the goal is simple, win as many battles out of 8 battles with opponents YOU choose, thats right, you get to pick who you fight, be warned, you can't challenge the same person twice, I will keep track of who you've beaten and lost too. the battle will go over the whole course of the week (Don't wanna pressure anyone.) if you don't complete 8 matches then your number of wins will be final on the 7th. I'll tally who has the most wins and the top eight are gym leaders.

TIE: in the result of a tie in the final standings(Which means the result is we'd have 9 winners), the people with the same number of wins involved in this tie will move on to a deathmatch round, pending on how many people are involved depends on how it will work, but I have a few good ideas.

TRUST: this system works heavily on trust. but to alieviate some of this, BOTH people involved in a tourny fight will first PM me that they are fighting a tourny battle (Yup you can have practice matches or "Exebition matches" during the tourny without reprocussions). this system will hopefully fix any problems we may encounter. and after the battle both players will send me the results (You can state how many pokemon each had left, not necessary, but cool to see how badly you pwn3d him) IF there happens to be a disaggrement, I will consult to a court sort of fashion and get the facts straight, if I cannot come to any conclusion, not only will niether player win, but they will have one win taken away!!! (Harsh yes but this should deter anyone from WANTING to lie.

Dissconnections: this will be the tricky part, I to get this problem all the time, on any wi-fi game, I always play plugged in to the wall for wi-fi but OTHER neighbors have things that mess with wi-fi (HAM radio for instance stare that stupid ********>) in the event of a dissconnect the following may happen.

1. if it was at the start, say within 2- 4 attacks, then start over, if someone was winning they were either clearly cheating, using 1 hit moves and getting lucky, or you suck. at any rate just start over

2. if in the middle of the battle, where someone has lost atleast 2 pokemon or it's been 7-10 rounds, the players can decide, who would've won, both players will consult eachother and then get to me. if it was too close to call, then the match won't count and you can start over.

3. if one of the players almost met TOTAL PWNAG3!, then they can send me this, both people again and the Pwner (lol...Pwner) will be victor.

I will assume none of the dissconnects are intentional, but even so I want both players to do this before a rematch.

step 1. make your character look up

step 2. forget about changing your team around, thats disqualification. make sure your ready before the match starts.

step 3. talk to the nice wi-fi lady and see if your having wi-fi trouble. if so I can post-pone the match till it's working again, if not by the end of the 7 days of battle.

step 4. if connection works, join your opponent in battle!

well that should cover it for now. i'm gonna go scream in pain at this major finger cramp i'm getting..... gonk

so the major rules are:

*Battles will be lvl 50 singles
*Ties result in a do over
*See disconnection steps above incase of such a thing.
*Don't LIE OR CHEAT!
*Both battlers send me who they are challenging or being challenged by.
*Send me the results afterward, both PM must be telling the same story or action will be taken.
*HAVE FUN! NAO! scream
*If challenged, you may not deny it, if the battle never happens... then it won't count towards or against your score.

those should cover any questions, if you have more just ask.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:29 pm
~ENTRANTS DATA~

UPDATE: I have decided it would make it more intresting if the gym pokemon were hidden, so I have decided to remove them from the list, and remember you can use others, as long as they still fit your theme.

also, if all the other gym leaders could send like a gym description if they want to, that'd be cool.
XILO'S BATTLE INFO

CURRENTLY TRAINING EMERALD POKEMON will be back up soon.
Xilo
Theme: Hard Core Psychic types
Badge: Mythrill Mind Badge

Discription: I choose only the most solid of psychic types (except wobbufet) each one is designed to help itself and its teamates! nothing short of having the right pokemon will let you beat me. oh and i'm not sure whats EV trained, but I know this. a pokemon I had clear back from Sapphier is my worlds strongest!

4811-3416-3585

vs.
Pho = Phail!
vincent = WIN!
Romyion = WIN!
Miles = Phail!
YETY = WIN!
Rad = Phail! (even so, my fav match, good game.)
Eggs = Win!

Score = 43/80 possible

Vincents BATTLE INFO
Name: Lufia
Main Theme: Can't Evolve
Badge Name: Never Badge

1676 0185 9624

vs.
Xilo = Phail!
Rad = Phail!
YETY = Phail!
Miles = Phail!
Bleu = Phail!

Score = 5/80

Eggs's BATTLE INFO
Eggs.com
Theme: Ancient Pokémon
Badge Name: Ancient Badge
1074-7206-2778

vs.
YETY = WIN!
Xilo = Phail!
Rad = Win!

score = 21/80

YTEY's BATTLE INFO
Yoshinator (YTEY)
Theme: Eevee Evoultionary
Badge: Supah Badge (top of my head really...)
3007 4898 4506

vs.
Xilo = Phail!
Rad = Phail!
Vincent = WIN! (yay!)
Eggs = Phail!

score= 13/80

Rad's BATTLE INFO
Name: Rad Electropow
Main Theme: Critical Hit
Badge Name: Critical Badge User Image User Image User Image
Alex
3136 3044 4179

vs.
Lufia = WIN!
YETY = Win!
Miles = Win!
Xilo = Win! (and the winning streak continues...)
Eggs = Phail! (HORRAY! oh whoops it wasn't meant to be so loud...)

Score = 41/80

Bleu's BATTLE INFO
Name: Bleu
Main Theme:Flying types
1418-3730-4020

vs.
Vincent = Win!

score = 10/80

Pho's BATTLE INFO
Name: Pho
Main Theme: Sandstorm Pokemon
Badge: Desert Badge

vs.
Xilo= win (Good match)
YETY = WIN!

Score = 20/80

Miles' BATTLE INFO
Name: melikefood
Badge: Surprise badge
User Image
1375-4237-2514

vs.
Xilo = WIN!
Rad = Phail!

score = 11/80

CODES TO REGISTER!

Xilo: 4811-3416-3585
--------------------------------------------------------
Vincentffx-2: 1676 0185 9624
Eggs.com: 1074-7206-2778
YTEY: 3007 4898 4506
Electropow: 3136 3044 4179
Bleu: 1418-3730-4020
What the Pho: 1761-9233-8120
Melikefood: 1375-4237-2514

INFO FOR THE CHALLENGERS!
yup we are excepting challenges after a lot of building, to challenge a gym leader, simply PM them, and me that you wish to take the gym leader challenge, here are some rules for engagement.

NO UBER OR LEGENDARY POKEMON!
we stay legit, there is a weakness to everyone, even me. so if we can beat you with no legendaries or Ubers, you can beat us in the same fasion.
if we have reason to believe a pokemon you used was either HACKED or is considered by many to be an uber, then we have the right to not refund or give you a badge.

also, once the battle is over, both battlers MUST send me a PM, don't post battle results in this topic! I can find everyones battle info in my inbox much more easily. simply title it "Gym Challenge: (Gym name)" and send me the results of the battle. be aware, I'm having the gym leaders send me results too. and if the story doesn't match up, I will decide what will be done.

now, to ensure honest battling, for each challenge you MUST send me 50g, this is not for my own gain, it will go toward a guild where I can keep all the info and people can chat. so it is not only for my own comfort, it will make things easier for everyone too.

the trade will go to me.
thats it, pick a gym leader from the list, fight them, win the badge...
the purpose and motivation for winning?
thats a secret, but you might enjoy it if you get all 8.  

Xilo The Odd

Draken [The.Spork.Ninja.]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:49 pm
Lawl I join as the easily beaten Gym leader =O with only 2 pokemon one leveled twice and one newly caught =)

xd

Okay maybe I jest...

I still need to actually play that game properly ... For some reason I still can't be bothered.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:55 pm
been awhile since i've seen ya sporky.  

Xilo The Odd

Draken [The.Spork.Ninja.]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:57 pm
I've been here, just ... not speaking.

and I've been working on my own guild you know...

Not very hard admittedly and I've had work which forces me to bed alot earlier than I'd like.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:11 pm
I might, when I figure out what I want...  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Chibi Kawaii-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:42 pm
Ugh, I can't be bothered to train to level 100.

edit: You're using the lvl 50 singles, right? Every pokemon goes to level 50 if you do that, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:47 pm
Drop me out of the tournament please.
I decided not to use that team.
And I'm way too lazy to make a new one.  

melikefood

melikefood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:49 pm
I'd be happy to design badges though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:37 pm
Chibi Kawaii-chan
Ugh, I can't be bothered to train to level 100.

edit: You're using the lvl 50 singles, right? Every pokemon goes to level 50 if you do that, right?

yeah but say you have a pokemon that learns his best move at level 60, someone could get them to that level and have a move at level 50 that they only learn at level 60, essentially making them a bit better.

@Miles: ok then, you shall be dubbed "Miles! The Badge Craftor!"  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:07 pm
I can make a badge for myself...

User Image

And there it is.

I made it from scratch, but it probably looks like another...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:15 pm
[Kegan]
I can make a badge for myself...

User Image

And there it is.

I made it from scratch, but it probably looks like another...
nope, can't say i've seen it anywhere.  

Xilo The Odd

melikefood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:25 pm
We could just use the level limiter programmed into the game.
It makes it so that all pokemon in the battle will be level 50 or 100 on Wi-Fi matches.
So maybe we could lower it down to level 50?

Just a suggestion.  
Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces