Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I got a PM this morning Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:27 am
from the leader of a guild I was a part of:

Quote:
Please do not take the Lord's name in vain. I took out the word Jesus in your thread title. Please do not do it again.

After I read it I quit that guild without notice. Needless to say I do not enjoy restrictions on my freedom of speech no matter whose religion my speech offends.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:50 am
What a tool. I would have quit that guild too. I would have asked him why he's on Gaia instead of thumping his bible.  

_C r y s t a l_RB

Throwaway243

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:42 am
Avicia
What a tool. I would have quit that guild too. I would have asked him why he's on Gaia instead of thumping his bible.
Well you don’t have to be mean, that would give us atheists a bad name. I would have sent him a calm and polite message about my right to freedom of speech and quit the guild.

EDIT: Lol... I cant spell  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:51 am
Around people I know would be offended by me taking Jesus' name in vain, I usually say something to the effect of "Judas rockin' Priest" or "great old ones" (So I like Lovecraft, sue me). But usually it doesn't matter to most people I know, so "Jesus tap-dancing Christ" is still a favorite of mine.

I know something like that would make me want to quit that guild too, though.  

ProjectOmicron88

Fuzzy Kittens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:18 pm
I think quitting without notice was the classy way to go. I doubt replying to the message with a "free speech" lecture would've had any effect on the issue.

Just out of curiosity, was the guild religion-oriented?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:22 pm
If anybody would have done that to me, I would have gone right back in and edited 'Jesus Frickin' Christ' into every few words. Then quit the guild. I'm petty when it comes to things like that. ._.;

Are you sure s/he wasn't just screwing with you? Gaians tend to do that.  

Covered-Up Boxers

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:55 pm
Understandable.
I would write back with using it over and over again. Good fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:31 pm
I believe I would have asked El Capitan why any omnipotent being would even give three marinated shits what people say about him.

Unless he's insecure or had an abusive daddy who sprinkled salt in his eyes for fun.

Besides, humility is supposed to be one of those good Christian virtues, right?  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:59 pm
I would have left to, a message might have started an ugly discussion, that isn't needed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:17 pm
bluefire243
Avicia
Well you don’t have to be mean, that would give us atheists a bad name. I would have sent him a calm and polite message about my right to freedom of speech and quit the guild.

EDIT: Lol... I cant spell

Although, it might be very tempting for me to tear him a new one. I probably would have sent him a polite message about freedom of speech/religion and then left the guild.  

Arios V

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:24 am
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
No, it was a marketplace guild. Stuff like vending items and stuff.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:02 pm
How idiotic.

Still, free speech only applies on free grounds, so private guilds, businesses, etc. aren't really required to honor that. So there's no reason to argue it.

I probably would have just replied with "lol" (which I never use unless being sarcastic), then quit. But year, ******** 'em, brother. ******** 'em. Semper Fiasco, again I cling to your words like a fat kid to cake. *chomps cake*  

Theophrastus

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:23 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Who wants to start up a non-exclusive MP guild with me!?

I have a free guild floating around, not making me money or anything.

Stupid dead weight User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:26 pm
That's just pathetic for so many reasons that I can't list them all.

You should be able to say whatever you'd like to in a guild like that.

Orson Welles

Pmyi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:56 pm
If you did make a guild, I'd join it. :'o Unless you were totally kidding.

But, you know, jokes / sarcastic statements don't get transferred well over the Internet. So~!

How lame though that the guild master did that. I don't think I would've quit the guild since I'm... well, a dork, but I would have complained to it to everyone who was on AIM at the time. Because that's how I am. [g]

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff