Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
A Little Treat For Everyone Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter
  +1
View Results

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:50 pm
It's been quite a while since I last visited the guild, so I thought I'd bring y'all a little treat. I'm sure a good number of you may have already seen the following clips from the show that these are from. The show is of course Penn & Teller: Bullshit. Whether you love 'em or hate 'em, you gotta give them some credit for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RV46fsmx6E (Bible Bullshit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q1m-8npkJ4 (The Truth Behind Mother Teresa)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmAEPrALVjM (More Mother Teresa stuff)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:17 pm
Penn & Teller: Ripping magic a new one since 1985.  

ProjectOmicron88

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:21 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Penn & Teller: Ripping magic a new one since 1985.

True, very true.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:55 pm
Thanks to Christopher Hitchens and Penn and Teller I always have a witty retort when people cite Mother Theresa or Ghandi. domokun  

Theophrastus

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:51 pm
Theophrastus
Thanks to Christopher Hitchens and Penn and Teller I always have a witty retort when people cite Mother Theresa or Ghandi. domokun

You should see an episode of Bullshit! with James Randi. You would love him. He's in the episode on the End of the World, I'm pretty certain, along with a couple others.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:55 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Theophrastus

You should see an episode of Bullshit! with James Randi. You would love him. He's in the episode on the End of the World, I'm pretty certain, along with a couple others.

I saw that one, or at least the part with James Randi. I'm looking into getting the DVD's.  

Arios V

Covered-Up Boxers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:29 pm
Penn and Teller a my idols. I did a report on Ghandi, read about twenty to twenty-five books and they never mentioned the stuff Ghandi did. >_o Stupid school library.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:44 pm
Covered-Up Boxers
Penn and Teller a my idols. I did a report on Ghandi, read about twenty to twenty-five books and they never mentioned the stuff Ghandi did. >_o Stupid school library.

Usually the stuff you find in the school library doesn't give the whole story. Sometimes not even public libraries give you books on that.  

Arios V

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:46 pm
Arios V
Covered-Up Boxers

Usually the stuff you find in the school library doesn't give the whole story. Sometimes not even public libraries give you books on that.

History textbooks are full of misinformation as well. Basic things we learn about are nation are either exaggerations or outright fabrications.

For example...we did NOT buy Manhattan Island for $30-some worth of trinkets.

Some of the real hardcore stuff is completely omitted. For example, you know how Clinton had his presidential First Cat, and Bush has his First Dog? Teddy Roosevelt was the most badass president ever, because he had a First Bear.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:57 pm
wen i becoem th first presdadent imma have a first salamandr  

Theophrastus

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:31 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Arios V
Covered-Up Boxers

History textbooks are full of misinformation as well. Basic things we learn about are nation are either exaggerations or outright fabrications.

For example...we did NOT buy Manhattan Island for $30-some worth of trinkets.

Some of the real hardcore stuff is completely omitted. For example, you know how Clinton had his presidential First Cat, and Bush has his First Dog? Teddy Roosevelt was the most badass president ever, because he had a First Bear.

I've noticed that too. History books do often omit some of the more important detail or they seem to make some of it up.

Teddy Roosevelt pretty much had a zoo at the white house.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:38 pm
Theophrastus

I'm gonna have a First Velociraptor.  

ProjectOmicron88

Covered-Up Boxers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:56 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Theophrastus

I'm gonna have a First Velociraptor.

I'm gonna have the first dra- Wait. You're Atheists! Nobody will vote for Godless heathens! rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Tenth Speed Writer

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:47 am
Theophrastus
First bunny!  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers