Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Gun Control Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gun Control?
  More
  Less
  Stay the Same
View Results

RA-22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:36 pm
What are your opinions on gun control in America?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:32 pm
Why would we put in gun control? Crime rates would skyrocket, because many people wouldn't give up their guns, so they'd be commiting crimes. And, it's easy to illegally purchase one in an alley. So like I said, the only result would be crime rate increase.  

Zeptan

RenFlower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:17 am
How about a mandatory 10 year sentance for any crimes commited with guns, which can be added to.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:40 pm
well... i live in texas and everyone here has a shotgun, that includes the criminals too, so i dont really like gun control  

Dark_Spartan117

allypoohbear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:47 pm
honestly, in texas, where i live, every man has a rifle or shotgun in his house or truck, and it's not just a cliche. Also there's a law here that if anyone tresspasses on your property you have every right to shoot them. In this way we are able to protect ourselves, and honestly, the crime rate with guns dealing with tresspassing or houses have decreased significantly. Honestly, guns aren't the problem, people who have them and use them in the wrong way are.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:31 pm
Dark_Spartan117
well... i live in texas and everyone here has a shotgun, that includes the criminals too, so i dont really like gun control
Exactly. Criminals will keep their guns.  

Zeptan

Kysaara

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:44 am
Plus you could always require a mandatory gun education class, so it would decrease on accidents like the VP shooting ppl in the face while turkey hunting  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:18 am
allypoohbear
honestly, in texas, where i live, every man has a rifle or shotgun in his house or truck, and it's not just a cliche. Also there's a law here that if anyone tresspasses on your property you have every right to shoot them. In this way we are able to protect ourselves, and honestly, the crime rate with guns dealing with tresspassing or houses have decreased significantly. Honestly, guns aren't the problem, people who have them and use them in the wrong way are.

It sounds like the crime rate hasn't decreased, but rather, more crime is legal. You are basically saying that as long as you kill them on your property, it isn't murder?  

RenFlower

allypoohbear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:19 am
RenFlower
allypoohbear

It sounds like the crime rate hasn't decreased, but rather, more crime is legal. You are basically saying that as long as you kill them on your property, it isn't murder?

What i'm saying is that there isn't as much crime as there would be if the owners of houses weren't allowed to keep their guns and use them. They are protect themselves and their families, and the crimminals understand that, and now there's less break-ins than there were before this law  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:25 am
I don't have much to say other than it's a direct assualt to our Second ammendment!  

The Hallowed Mouse

RA-22

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:15 pm
In my opinion, I think the ban on assault weapons should have continued. Who really needs to own an assault weapon anyway?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:35 pm
RA-22
In my opinion, I think the ban on assault weapons should have continued. Who really needs to own an assault weapon anyway?

well... i making it illegal just helped the criminals because they can get them still but its the regular people that are gonna get screwed...but i actually agree with you on that point  

Dark_Spartan117

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:36 pm
RenFlower
allypoohbear

its called the castle law... and it actually works quite well... we dont have as many trigger happy citizens as people seem to think  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:29 pm
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower
allypoohbear

its called the castle law... and it actually works quite well... we dont have as many trigger happy citizens as people seem to think

sounds cool, I know a lot of us here on the Montana Hi-Line own a gun, and we all know how to shoot pretty well, I would feel sorry for any country that would invade, we could get a milita that would pwn them  

Kysaara

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:40 pm
gun control is a stupid idea that will never work. i personally have about 15 guns in my house and ya know what? none of them have ever been used in a crime. they didn't get up and walk out and kill someone on their own. the gun isn't what kills people. it's the people that kill other people. if you tak away every potntial weapon nothing would be left. if guns are taken away, knives and bows and arrows will be used. if you take those away, baseball ats and hockey sticks will be used. if those are taken away spoons maybe be used. a person doesn't need anything to kill someone else. guns aren't weapons until someone makes them into a weapon, just like spoons, hockey sticks, basebal bats, icicles, dirt, the human hand ect. if they ban gun's they'll have to ban all "weapons" eventually they'll come and hack off our limbs until we just lay there on the ground and ya know what? i'm sure we'll find other ways to kill eachother then.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff