Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
Resident Evil Music Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which was your favorite Soundtrack?
  Resident Evil 1 (remake included)
  Resident Evil 2
  Resident Evil 3
  Resident Evil: Code Veronica
  Resident Evil: Zero
View Results

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:11 am
I was listening to some of the music from Re2, and thought I would make a thread to discuss the music from our favorite game.

So basically, post any comments about your favorite (or least favorite) tracks, composers, etc...

I'll go ahead and start!

Masami Ueda is a fantastic composer... He composed the soundtracks to Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and Code Veronica. I'm not sure about Zero, thats the only soundtrack I don't have yet.

I'm pretty sure my favorite track at the moment has to be the 'Bercuse' from Code Veronica... which is the song Alexia sings to Alfred right after she's awaken. heart

((If this thread gets contained, I'm sorry for creating a useless topic...))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:27 am
I dunno... Code Veronica and after, the music style changed a lot. If you play RE1, 2 and 3, and even Survivor, there's a clear musical style that goes on. This eerie, inspired by 80's horror movies.... Actually that reminds me of something... But it's not important. Point is, I liked RE music back when it was made with cheaper PSX samplers.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:33 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I dunno... Code Veronica and after, the music style changed a lot. If you play RE1, 2 and 3, and even Survivor, there's a clear musical style that goes on. This eerie, inspired by 80's horror movies.... Actually that reminds me of something... But it's not important. Point is, I liked RE music back when it was made with cheaper PSX samplers.

I like that older, more synthesized sound myself... It made everything seem more creepy. Re4's soundtrack was truly a disappointment. The only two tracks I like are Wesker's Mercenaries theme, and the ending credits entitled "Sorrow".

I own the Biohazard Orchestra concert album... and its probably the most played CD I own. Anyone else have this fine piece of discography?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:38 am
NotteRequiem
Biohazard EXTREME

I like that older, more synthesized sound myself... It made everything seem more creepy. Re4's soundtrack was truly a disappointment. The only two tracks I like are Wesker's Mercenaries theme, and the ending credits entitled "Sorrow".

I own the Biohazard Orchestra concert album... and its probably the most played CD I own. Anyone else have this fine piece of discography?
I also liked the theme in the beginning, the really spanish one that plays when Leon is in the car. But yeah, aside from that, that whole soundtrack was a waste.

You know what it is about the Synthesized sound? I think it suits very well because the whole idea. I mean... T-Virus itself was synthesized. We got places that aren't what they seem. We got creatures that were bio-engineered. It only suits that the sound should be somewhat synthetic.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:42 am
Biohazard EXTREME

You know what it is about the Synthesized sound? I think it suits very well because the whole idea. I mean... T-Virus itself was synthesized. We got places that aren't what they seem. We got creatures that were bio-engineered. It only suits that the sound should be somewhat synthetic.

I liked the Spanish theme too, Ive got that on my iPod and have a blast listening to it at work...

And that too... it was GOOD synthesized music. It wasn't just okay, or all right, it was freaking GOOD. When I don't mind the difference between synth or orchestrated, you know it has to be something else.

Bio, if you liked the original soundtracks, I highly suggest you get the Orchestrated album... Or, I could post the link and you could get it for free... wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:44 am
Way ahead of you. I love that one as well.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:46 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Way ahead of you. I love that one as well.

I'm going to turn into a dorky music major for a second here.

Peace of Mind had to be my favorite track on that album. I'm not going to lie, it made me cry when I heard it on this album. It's the only theme (that I could find anyway) that wasn't included on the OST, but was still in the game. As you know, it's the theme that plays when the trio escape from the train and are watching the sunrise. I loved the way Ueda arranged the strings, it really gives a sense of utter bliss after a long and hard road.

I think I'm going to listen to that now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:20 am
I couldn't really say to be honest. It usually is the credits music of each game that stands out most (Re3 and Re2 mostly. It's like the victory themes in the final fantasy games or the main theme of MGS/MGS2/MGS3) but i couldn't really say a single soundtrack is better than the rest. however i wasn't very fond of the music in survivor (1)  

Ivory Lie

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:22 am
leon r kennedy
I couldn't really say to be honest. It usually is the credits music of each game that stands out most (Re3 and Re2 mostly. It's like the victory themes in the final fantasy games or the main theme of MGS/MGS2/MGS3) but i couldn't really say a single soundtrack is better than the rest. however i wasn't very fond of the music in survivor (1)
Yeah, Resident Evil is one of those series would make a better soundtrack if you choose select tracks from each game.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:25 am
That's right. Every piece of music has its effect on the player. For example the save room music could be to lower the tension that a player feels because they know that they won't be attacked in that room. or the kind of music that plays during parts where a zombie might burst through a door could be used as a sort of adrenaline rush. so on and so forth  

Ivory Lie

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:27 am
I wrote a homework piece on that. It's back at my apartament though, but I'll be sure to post it next chance I get.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:34 am
Ah good can't wait to read it.

Do you think the music/sounds could be enhanced in a certain way. like wearing headphones or using surround sound?  

Ivory Lie

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:40 am
Well, if the music is recorded for surround sound, yeah. Otherwise the best thing you can do, is if your media player has an equalizer, you can boost the bass and the treble. If it's in the game, then I'm afraid all you can do is turn it up. Good quality speakers/headphones help.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:48 am
4AM in the morning and blasting off zombies heads with your family/friends sleeping next door. should give them a scare if not yourself  

Ivory Lie

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:51 am
Well, I gotta say, by far, my favorite piece of music from Resident Evil has to be "Wreckage of a Mad Experiment" from RE2. It's only present in one room and it is so damn eerie!!! I love it... Gives me the chills.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games