Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Neat Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:07 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
I was going through wikipedia and stumbled across this for the third time in my life, I think.

What do you guys say about all that? I don't think I've ever seen one of them before.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:19 pm
Ha. Shadow people. I used to see those all the time as a kid. I had hypnogogia, and I'd also sleepwalk a lot. Its not as much of a problem these days. Its just your eyes and mind playing tricks on you.  

Karla Marx

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:19 pm
Shadow people aren't fun. Honestly, they never talk, never call...

and I don't think they actually exist.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:15 pm
Thinking that creatures made of 'pure shadow' exist is silly.  

Covered-Up Boxers

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:39 pm
Has anyone requested this article's moderation?

It's utter bullshit and one of the negative side effects of open editing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:12 pm
Oh, don't worry. It's just Jackie Estacado.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Darkness is even more awesome of a game than it looks. And it looks awesome to begin with.  

ProjectOmicron88

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:47 pm
Too damned true!

"YOU ARE MY PUPPET..."

And the final scene, when you're at the mansion/lighthouse and you're unleashing your full powers... awesomeness. Pure awesomeness.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:58 pm
Kiyrugoji
Too damned true!

"YOU ARE MY PUPPET..."

And the final scene, when you're at the mansion/lighthouse and you're unleashing your full powers... awesomeness. Pure awesomeness.

Am I a bad person for letting Paulie squirm for a little bit before I completed my hostile takeover of the Franchetti family? It was kinda satisfying, but of course, he DID ***** ***** ** *** ****, so the universe all balances out.

And the ending choked me up. First time a video game did that since Metal Gear Solid 3.  

ProjectOmicron88

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:15 pm
I'm attacking the darkenss! *nerdy laugh*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:38 pm
ProjectOmicron88

Am I a bad person for letting Paulie squirm for a little bit before I completed my hostile takeover of the Franchetti family? It was kinda satisfying, but of course, he DID ***** ***** ** *** ****, so the universe all balances out.

And the ending choked me up. First time a video game did that since Metal Gear Solid 3.

1st, no. He killed her! Let the b*****d squirm!
2nd, the ending was ******** sad. "They'll only allow us a moment together..."  

Kiyrugoji

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:34 am
I don't know. stare But it creeped me out. It made me turn the light on in my room. sweatdrop

I can be a very superstitious person, though. And I still maintain to this day, in all seriousness, that my dorm room in college was haunted.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:39 am
que me gusta lo mejor
!!

Do tell.

I found out this about a month back:

Quote:
Clark Kerr Campus was constructed in 1869 as the State Asylum for the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind. It was used by the California Schools for the Deaf and Blind until 1980, when it was forced to relocate after the complex was declared seismically unsafe.Another issue which involving the closing of the Clark Kerr Campus as the Asylum for the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind was the death of a mentally ill boy who wandered into the tunnels which run under the campus buildings. After the boy was missing for several weeks, many believed he was kidnapped until one cold winter day a campus nurse turned on the heating system in building 2 of the campus. She reported smelling a propane-like smell leading campus maintenance workers to believe there was a leak in the heating system of that building. When a maintenance worker went into the tunnel, he found the boy, hung from the ceiling of the tunnel. Officials believe the cause of death was strangulation. After the death of the boy many campus officials reported weird occurrences taking place with some of the patients boarding in building 2 and asked to relocate these patients from this building.

I can't wait to live in a haunted area biggrin
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:25 am
Note that the incidents all began AFTER the body was found? A true "haunting" would have begun the second he died.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:50 am
que me gusta lo mejor
No way. Obviously the kid's soul was trapped in the underground tunnels and didn't realize it could go anywhere else until they went down and found his body. Then he followed them back up and haunted everyone!
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
I've never seen one, and I sincerely doubt that they exist. It's a cool idea for a book, though.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff