Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Hitchhiker's Guide- the game! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:13 am
Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_nolan.shtml

It's the Hitchhiker's Guide Adventure Game! wOOt! for text-based adventure!

As a side note, if anyone lives near Chicago and the video game exhibit at the Science and Industry Museum is still there, the original version of this game is there....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:52 am
oh yea i love that game!!! i got addiced to it in 6th grade, it's hard til u get the hang of it!!!  

TenaciousDi

Echidnite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:58 am
That game... is SO HARD. I gave up pretty early on, because I suck. xD;  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:53 am
I love that game! It's so zarking addictive though... I'm still angry about dying after drinking too much ATS... grr... stressed  

wingnut the improbable

Jupiter-X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:34 pm
I went insane after forgetting the atom vector plotter.
still, the FUNNIEST game in existance.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:38 pm
It took me about 20 tries to figure out how to get the Babel Fish. Thank God for the hints, otherwise I'd still be trying to throw the screwdriver at the robot.  

Lupe_Oceana

Clockwork Sun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:37 am
I can't get off the Heart of Gold. gonk

It's still a fun game though. Try typing Don't panic, and panic. Also try wait, and then don't wait. As a quick tip to get through periods of waiting faster, you can type "ok" a lot faster than "wait."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:20 am
Jupiter-X
I went insane after forgetting the atom vector plotter.

Oog... that happened to me too! When I found out I actually needed it, I literally screamed, "NOOOOOO!"

And it took me about 45 minutes before I could actually find out how to get out of Arthur Dent's house, and another 45 before I could figure out how to get out of the "darkness". I wasn't aware of the hints, then.  

wingnut the improbable

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:11 pm
Whew. Good thing I got it then.
Do you need Ford's satchel later on? I think I left it on the Vogon Ship. I couldn't carry it and the vector plotter for some reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:23 pm
Lupe_Oceana
Whew. Good thing I got it then.
Do you need Ford's satchel later on? I think I left it on the Vogon Ship. I couldn't carry it and the vector plotter for some reason.

I believe Ford takes that with him. You can find it on the Heart of Gold. You will need a towel (obviously), so try stealing one from him.  

Clockwork Sun

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:19 am
You're right, the satchel mysteriously showed up on the Heart of Gold. Luckily I've got the towel already... now I need to figure out how to get some liquid that's almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea out of the machine. Because I'm sick of that little sign saying "no tea." gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:04 pm
I last stopped on the Heart of Gold. I'm on the bridge, and I have no idea where to go now. sweatdrop  

Appoggiatura

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:36 pm
xd My sister was playing that a while ago. I drew a picture of Ford curled up under his manky old towel sleeping based on the bit on the Vogon ship where he curled up in the corner and went to sleep. I don't know if I want to play it myself though... Trillian and Ford and Zaphod vanish into the sauna or something? No fun.
(A note from teh sister- I got stuck there too xd )  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:07 pm
I absolutely adore that game, but I'm no good at it and everytime I get stuck I need to use a hint or two to get me going again xd  

phantasmic kacaphony

Cosmic Camper

14,125 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:05 pm
whee I wanna see that picture.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games