Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
types of jewelry for a lip piercing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Queen Kimiko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:22 pm
I'm going to be getting my lip pierced but I don't want something like a captive ball, I was wondering if there was anything out there that would be just as good if not a better idea for jewelry for a first time lip piercing  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:27 pm
Horseshoe would be the only other thing you could put in a new lip pierceing.

apanda999

Dragon Queen Kimiko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:34 pm
That wouldn't be a bad idea, I just want something that's not going to flop around. My friend has a spider bite and every time she shakes her head they wiggle and look loose. This is my first piercing except for my ears so I'm really excited but also really nervous too  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:51 pm
jadedxkitty999
Horseshoe would be the only other thing you could put in a new lip pierceing.
___________User Image||tried to save a place for my cuts and my scratches.||tried to overcome my complications and my catches.||
|| nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day... ||&&&

Lips can't be pierced with labret studs with long posts? surprised Both my friends got theirs done like that.
||...tried to save myself, but myself keeps slipping away. ||User Image___________

Killu Killaya

CandyCaneRazorBlade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:39 am
I'm sure they do labret studs
they're barbells with a flatback.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:08 am
In my experience, I had better luck and less pain healing lip piercings with a labret stud. Less getting bumped and moved around.  

popcornsharingbox

Dragon Queen Kimiko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:46 pm
Labret stud sounds like a good idea, I don't want it getting smacked too much and every ring the place I was looking at looked pretty big eek  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:20 am
I don't pierce lips with labret studs because the lip position is higher up than a labret, so while it is healing, the "plate" or disk on the back would get caught on the teeth too much. You could change it out after you are completely healed to one, but you still have to be super careful.

apanda999

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:18 am
Yeah I did have some problems with it getting caught on my teeth. =  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:23 pm
I've also seen a piece of jewelry called a "lip hugger" that is straight through the lip and curves so you have two balls sticking out of your mouth. It looks just like a circular barbell with a flat side.  

vafalla

Original Vampire

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:47 am
^ Ive primarily heard those called lippy loops. Not going to be good for healing, though. There's not a lot of room for swelling.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:01 am
~Eurydice~
There's not a lot of room for swelling.

That's true. I didn't even think about that.  

vafalla

Original Vampire

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:29 am
I had mine pierced with a labret stud. Now have a ring in it.

After about a week the 'plate' at the back of the labret stud didn't catch on my teeth...it just takes a bit of getting used to.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:19 pm
I would just be careful with studs if you swell a lot. My friend Tim got snakebites done with studs. He swells a lot, and after a few days the backs ended up embedded in his lip. Two hours, two pairs of pliers and some crying later, he no longer had his piercings and has given up on facial piercings all together.  

ZombiePiratesNeedLoveToo

Lost_Gurl_666

Wheezing Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:30 pm
User Image Wake up the world....

A hoop/horseshoe is easier to clean & less painful when doing so...

....Ignorance is not bliss User Image

Facial & Oral Piercings

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces