Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Confessions of a ... Is that line just a tad overused? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever feel that way?
  No. You're an idiot. Go bake some orange muffins.
  Yes. I've felt that way my entire life! Oh, surely you understand... I NEED those shoes.
  Wait, what are we talking about?
  Grapes, darling. It's better if you don't know.
View Results

Voxxx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:33 pm
Neurotic Writer, brought to you at three o'clock in the morning by Cara-chan's sleep-deprived brain.

The Ugly Princess, in fact, wasn’t quite so ugly as her appellative would cause her to appear. But it was so rare to see a princess that wasn’t beautiful in a country that was so perfect that it made the poor plain thing seem quite the little beast. The court, though fond of her for her charm and darling wit, couldn’t help but laugh behind her back. To them, it was funny. There was even talk of replacing her with her much more attractive cousin, Eugenia, although the King wouldn’t hear of it. The King was, perhaps, her only friend. Naturally, it came as a shock when he died.

The writer sighed and stretched. If I have to churn out another fairy tale, I’m gonna puke. The thermos of coffee, her best friend, called to her in sorrow, a starving child, its stomach empty. She was out of coffee, dammit. How many times had she been forced to get up and get more coffee? She eyed the thermos warily. In a temporarily lapse of sanity, she had named it Jimmy. A mistake. Now even it was taking on a personality of its own. It would eventually find its way into one of her stories. For now, it deigned to hold the elixir of life. Groaning, she headed to the kitchen, absentmindedly checking shelves.
No coffee.
In need of caffeine, she pulled herself together in order to search harder. She checked the cabinets again, the shelves, in desperation, the freezer.
No coffee.
She cursed silently. Two minutes later found her nuking water for tea. Look at you, her nagging inner-self cried. You’re a mess. You haven’t written a decent story in ages…
“Shut up.”
Your characters are weak. The Ugly Princess? Come on!
“Shut up.”
You’re a failure. Failure! Faailure…
“SHUT UP!” she roared, unaware that she was speaking aloud.
“Honey?” called her boyfriend, from somewhere in the darkness of their bedroom. She could just see him now: Lying on his side, propped on his elbows as he rubbed a hand across his face in frustration. He was dead tired, she knew. God, he was cute. She should be there, now, in bed, sleeping like a normal person would at this hour. She should...
"HONEY?" Her lack of response must have galvanized him into further action, forcing his tired brain to speak. “Are you alright?”
“I’m fine!” she yelled back, as the microwave beeped loudly, signifying that her tea should be nice and steamy. She could hear him cursing quietly.
“Honey?” he called again.
“Yeah?”
“Shut up!”
In defeat, she shuffled back to her computer station.
You used the word ‘appellative.’ What the hell kind of small child knows what that means?
As always, the voice in her head (her mother’s, of course) had to get the last word.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:54 am
xD I love it!
>.< I get that all the time.
Will this be continued?

It's really very creative. I was never able to pull the story in a story type thing. . . But the last time I tried was forever ago. . . Perhaps I could try again.

>.> Erm. . . I don't even know what apalletive means. . . but I'm guessing it has something to do with appearance?  

blu_sour_skittle

Blessed Bloodsucker

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Voxxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:02 am
I love doing that because it means I get to start a story and not finish, a bad habit. Arguably my worst habit. Thanks for the comment, Skittle. heart D'ja get your art?

An appelative is like a nickname. Oddly enough, that came from my Spanish professor.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:35 am
Knew that, I did. But seriously, what kind of child DOES know that? ><

Loverly, Voxxxie. >< So you.  

KirbyVictorious

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:36 am
And I'm still waiting for my muffins. *taps foot*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:58 pm
sweatdrop Er, don't get mad at me. I bought pocky, but ate it, then decided to make biscottis, accidentally dumped raw-biscotti materials on the floor, and then I baked blueberry muffins. But you weren't here. Bailey snuck into the kitchen and ate them, and...

I blame my karma.  

Voxxx

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:47 pm
Erm , the Swedish death muffins were great@ sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:16 pm
xd That's like a horror story that'll be passed down from generations. It's the bi-polar cooking--it's either fantastic, or terrible. I think we can lump that in the "terrible" category.  

Voxxx

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:17 pm
It was okay. More of a "sweetie don;t eat too many marbles you'll be sick!" kinda thing. Or whatever three-year-olds eat.

>< Sooo fun. We can lump the float in that category too...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:20 pm
Ah, harebrained schemes. heart I love them, because if you have the right ones at the right times, they can turn into adventures.  

Voxxx

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:21 pm
I love adventures! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:25 pm
It was like the surfboard thing: In hindsight, it was really, REALLY stupid to do what we were doing. But the inner tube/bungee cord affair ended really well. I guess it's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire-- there's a 1 in 4 chance you'll end up doing something right, but it's also pretty funny if you screw up.  

Voxxx

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:33 pm
XD

I rarely do stupid things, but that was in the top five, I swear. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:34 pm
The surfboard thing or the death muffins?  

Voxxx

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces