Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
Angels, Airwaves and other music disasters. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AVA
  Man they sucked
  Watchu talkin' 'bout willis?
  I pity the foo' who tries to insult Tom Delonge
  WYLD STALLYNS RULE!
View Results

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:31 pm
Man they sucked, seriously, it was like the worst parts of all U2's career pieced together by the man who single handedly ripped apart the only band that could hold a torch to the bubblegum punk rock of Greenday.

The only worse disaster to come from alt. music I can think of is that whole Betty Curse thing, the only bigger disappointment to come from music, is anything the Lost Prophets did after Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja and the only thing more irritating is anything that has Gerard Way involved.

So in short, discuss the big failures of music and just how embarrassing they must be for those involved.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:39 am
iv only heard one song and it wasnt bad, but i wasnt really impressed.  

the anti care bear

Tibby Lush

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:57 pm
Angels and Airwaves arent bad..
They are definately not my favorite... but they arent horridly bad...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:37 am
Tibby Lush
Angels and Airwaves arent bad..
They are definately not my favorite... but they arent horridly bad...

Yes they are.... they really are.
Its like stadium rock, but minus the charisma of Bon Jovi or Bono.  

Rellik San
Captain

Kirika_35

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:14 pm
Umm... three words. Fall Out Boy? They make me soooo... scream  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:09 am
Kirika_35

Even though I dont like thier music I wouldnt classify them as a music disaster. They do have a huge following and make lots of money. Music disaster would be something totally worthless to pretty much everyone.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:44 pm
eri x core
Kirika_35

Even though I dont like thier music I wouldnt classify them as a music disaster. They do have a huge following and make lots of money. Music disaster would be something totally worthless to pretty much everyone.

Like Van Halen when David Lee Roth left, or Sabbath without Ozzy or Dio.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:17 pm
Rellik San
eri x core
Kirika_35

Yes. Good point. Good together...but once you take one main point out of the equation it equals suck. Vocalists going solo suck.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:17 am
eri x core
Rellik San
eri x core
Kirika_35

Yes. Good point. Good together...but once you take one main point out of the equation it equals suck. Vocalists going solo suck.

I don't know California Girls by Lee Roth has got to be one of the greatest videos ever despite how bad it is. Ozzy is an institution, so you know, can't really say much against him. Dio... all I need to say is... "HOLY DIVER! YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA!".  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:37 am
Rellik San
eri x core
Rellik San
eri x core
Kirika_35

I don't know California Girls by Lee Roth has got to be one of the greatest videos ever despite how bad it is. Ozzy is an institution, so you know, can't really say much against him. Dio... all I need to say is... "HOLY DIVER! YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA!".

Hmm...Im not much of a Roth-goer so I cant have a rounded opinion about him. Ozzy i enjoy both ways but there is nothing like kickin it ol school. When i think of vocalists going solo i think...gwen stefani...or fergie from the black eyed peas. Its that lame IM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU IM LEAVING KTHXBYE kind of thing....
Kinda similar to the whole...Travis Barker was in the Aquabats then dumped them for blink 182 then was like eff you guys im going to do the transplants. Hah. I can honestly say i think Tom has done a much worse job. Box car racer was a one hit somewhat of a wonder and now hes trying again with A&A. Lame.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:46 pm
eri x core
Rellik San
eri x core
Rellik San
eri x core
Kirika_35

Hmm...Im not much of a Roth-goer so I cant have a rounded opinion about him. Ozzy i enjoy both ways but there is nothing like kickin it ol school. When i think of vocalists going solo i think...gwen stefani...or fergie from the black eyed peas. Its that lame IM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU IM LEAVING KTHXBYE kind of thing....
Kinda similar to the whole...Travis Barker was in the Aquabats then dumped them for blink 182 then was like eff you guys im going to do the transplants. Hah. I can honestly say i think Tom has done a much worse job. Box car racer was a one hit somewhat of a wonder and now hes trying again with A&A. Lame.
In all fairness Gwen is going back with No Doubt to record a new album and tour it. Though with Fergie, Travis and Tom I see what you mean, kinda like when George Micheal split from Wham. :S  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:39 pm
Rellik San
eri x core
Rellik San
eri x core
Rellik San

In all fairness Gwen is going back with No Doubt to record a new album and tour it. Though with Fergie, Travis and Tom I see what you mean, kinda like when George Micheal split from Wham. :S

I have lots of respect for Gwen and no doubt. I dont enjoy much of thier newer music but the first 3 albums were awesome. Shes one of the few soloists out there that came from a band first...and thier first intention being to stay in that band. I dont like her solo music...but...I still respect her alot...Thier ska(ish) days were better for me.

Ha. Wham. George Micheal is one crazy ******** up guy.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:59 pm
I HAVE ONE!!!
mcr  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:21 pm
I like their music, but I still think blink's break-up was all Toms fault.  

Kelly The Punk Rock Kid

Music Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces