Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Magic: The Gathering... Quests! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The first Magic quest item?
  Awesome!
  Horrible.
  Meh, it's alright.
  Umm... Cookie?
View Results

Frozen Memories

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:50 pm
Well, hmm, didn't see a thread on the new quest floating around, so, why not make one?

Well, looks like Gaia's new cash cow is Magic: The Gathering, the old and awesome collectible card game. Has Gaia finally made a quest series to look forward to?

So, discuss. You know, relavent stuff.

Also, is someone has questions and answers floating around, please post them here for the lazy people so they don't have to read. XD I forgot to copy mine, myself.

OMG, this isn't against any rules, is it? I'm so nervous to make a thread here, but I checked the rules... ahhh.... -.-"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:57 pm
Well I've already posted my opinion on the new event item in the chat thread. Skull orb = hideous event item representative. Crime, travesty, aesthetic vandalism. Poo paint. Eww. confused  

Cherry Choo

Frozen Memories

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:00 pm
Vintaged
Well I've already posted my opinion on the new event item in the chat thread. Skull orb = hideous event item representative. Crime, travesty, aesthetic vandalism. Poo paint. Eww. confused

I agree. I mean, Magic as friggin awesome, and they couldn't do any better? How lazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:01 pm
I vote meh. They've yet to do a decent non-promotional quest. They're really just promotional quizzes, not quests. confused

**Continues to wait for his Angelic Rod, Wings, and Nitemare Wings quests**  

Slanzer

Frozen Memories

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:03 pm
Slanzer
I vote meh. They've yet to do a decent non-promotional quest. They're really just promotional quizzes, not quests. confused

**Continues to wait for his Angelic Rod, Wings, and Nitemare Wings quests**

Yes, where the hell is that proposed Angelic Rod quest?! They been talking about it in the fishing area (at least in the stickies) FOREVER, and they've yet to do anything. Grr. I want that ROD.

*ahem* you're right, there's been, what? Like a total of three quests that weren't promotions? Tsk...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:48 pm
Really...I guess the goggles and cloak were alright promotional items, and the soccer ball I can use for some costume play.

But overall, yes...the promotional items seem to lack a certain something...I think it's effort. This latest one I don't think fits at all with any face, outfit, hairstyle, etc. As someone who's taken the time to get three of every quest item so far, this one just seemed a waste.

And of the non-promotional quests, only two give you anything unique, and it's pretty much a "Support this side, or support this other side" thing...3,000 gold for items you can hardly sell on the MP for 100.

The Angelic Rod quest is gonna have to bring a lot to bear for all this. Magic is a good game that got massacred today. My best decks even use the black mana! I was happy until I put it on.

Now I cry for the shame it has brought my beloved rat deck.  

Asellus Rosewater

banisher0009

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:52 pm
the new item sucks yo cnat se it when you equip it  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:52 pm
Horrible...no more words needed to describe that "item."  

silver nymph

Frozen Memories

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:02 pm
XD, I see almost everyone agrees on the item thing.

Rosewater, I know how you feel. I spent the time to get three each on me and my mule before trying it on. XD, bad idea.

Sooooo. they are probably going to have a quest for each Mana type. Does anyone think the other items are going to get better?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:16 pm
--[ I Love magic, and still have a box full of my cards. I haven't played in a really really, really, really...etc long time xD.

I wouldn't really call what gaia did a quest though. Quizzes aren't quests xDDD. The closest thing I've seen to a quest was fetching the items for the Von Helsons and Edmund.

The Item they gave was kinda...icky to xD. It would have been nifty as something you could hold.
]--

Shrii

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:28 pm
I love Magic so much, I'm disappointed with this new item. Ugly, not interesting
They could have done it a million times better confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:51 pm
I know, I was expecting, I dunno, like a plot of swampground to appear at my feet or something, or an evil black aura thing with a skull.

Though I guess it'd look weird in towns to see someone walking around with swampland at their feet...  

Asellus Rosewater

krustytubesox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:13 pm
lol...I was playing.........magic =_=  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:31 pm
I don't care much for the item either. ><  

Kuromi Charm

Frozen Memories

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:33 pm
I was lurking around the Exchange when I saw someone with one on. It was... hmmm. Bad looking? Not good enough to explain, but, ah well. XD  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff