Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
G.A.U. 2008 Raffle! *OVAH!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:53 pm
My cousin is having a baby soon too. I swear everyone but me is either married, engaged or pregnant... at least it seems like that's all people want to talk about. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:13 pm
I feel that! Another one of my friends is getting married soon, in July a friend of mine had her second child, and all anyone asks me is why I'm still single! Not that I'm against any of that, I just don't feel ready. Maybe I'm just too immature. dramallama  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:48 pm
Same. I really just don't want to be married when I'm still in college. I don't even know what I'm doing yet as far as grad school, job, etc. On the other hand, I don't always like being single xD
Sad thing though, a friend of mine would agree about not being ready but is still engaged and getting married soon. rolleyes Her fiance gave her deadlines basically or he would leave her D:  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:07 pm
Yikes! I hope she's into that sorta thing. I don't know if I could handle deadlines for life changing events. I'm in the same boat. Plus, if all goes as planned, I'll be abroud for a few years in Japan. So I can't really get involved in anything more than a friend-with-bennifits relationship. neutral  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Dronning Dagmar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:46 pm
I would not be into deadlines. I think that's pretty harsh. I mean, are you going to stop loving someone next year? Why the rush?

Really I am one of those why-does-the-government-need-to-be-involved people regarding marriage. We may not have ever bothered except that we're citizens of different countries and we wanted to live in the same country. And my mother would have had a heart attack. But I don't need a piece of paper to tell me what I already know.

OTOH, my new last name is up way further in the alphabet. That may come in handy at some point. wink

(9th post - not like I have a chance but hey it's fun)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:10 pm
I don't understand it either. >.o He was so set on having to have kids by a certain point, certain number of kids, etc, that he wanted to know if she was okay with it because if not he needed time to find someone else. neutral

Dathu should extend ze contest maybe?

@dathu-
I want to go abroad at some point, maybe like a summer program or something. My mom is against it so it will be a little tricky to go anytime soon xD  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Redem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:12 pm

A deadline? confused
That's a bit um... messed up to be honest.  
Dathu generated a random number between 1 and 1 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:32 pm
*Drum roll!* And the winner is "1" Redem! Ohe Em Gee!

I would have extended the contest, but since I now have Dathu back, I have much bigger plans in mind with infinately better prizes.

Anyway, to the topic of deadlines, I've known a few people that, in a way, value their lives based on chronological chain of accomplishments. Funny thing is that this way of thinking is healthy when applied academically or professionally, but romantically....well. The US has a high divorce rate for a reason. rolleyes

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Redem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:37 pm

I dunno, deadlines strike me as too close to emotional blackmail >_>

Ah well.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:42 pm
"Emotional Blackmail." I like that. xd

Now make sure you tell the nice people you recieved your prize. I wish I could hand out huge cardboard checks just like Publisher's Clearinghouse! blaugh

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Redem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:55 pm
*Poses with prize novelty cheque* biggrin

Hmmm... what to make with the new item, though. So many choices! D=  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:05 pm
Dathu
*Drum roll!* And the winner is "1" Redem! Ohe Em Gee!

I would have extended the contest, but since I now have Dathu back, I have much bigger plans in mind with infinately better prizes.

Anyway, to the topic of deadlines, I've known a few people that, in a way, value their lives based on chronological chain of accomplishments. Funny thing is that this way of thinking is healthy when applied academically or professionally, but romantically....well. The US has a high divorce rate for a reason. rolleyes

First of all, congratulations, Redem!

What happened, Dathu? When I first saw your other name, I was wondering, "have I been away for so long that there's a new crew member I don't even know?". (I then looked at the URL of one of your pictures and recognised "Dathu" in it.)

How typical... I would've posted more yesterday, but I ended up being out for the whole day. xd

I had fun outside though. I was meeting up with five friends (there should've been one more, but she ended up not coming at all), and they were going to drive somewhere else later.

See the problem there? Only one person in the group had a car, and there were six people including myself.

Had the other person turned up, the situation would be even worse when it comes to who gets to go and who doesn't. Originally, I thought I would just not go to the second place.

Luckily, the weather was pretty good when I headed out in the morning, and I went by bike. (I could've went there by train, but of course I wouldn't miss a chance to ride my bike.)

When my friends were going to drive to the other place, I said "I'll follow", which evoked responses such as "are you serious?". xd

The other place was about 7 km away from the place where we originally met (which isn't that far - in comparison, my home is 10 km away), and the road leading there had a speed limit of 60 km/h. (Of course, there were red lights on the way, so they would've stopped a few times, so their average speed would've been slightly lower.)

There was also a place where there was a long queue of traffic that couldn't move. This is the kind of situation where I can laugh at the car drivers who are stuck there. On a bike, I can go through the gap between the car and the footpath, and thus overtake all the cars up to the next intersection.

Poor car drivers, it must feel bad getting overtaken by a cyclist. xd

At the end, I arrived only about 10 minutes later than my friends did, which wasn't too bad. (Before we left the first place, I joked that "if I get there before you leave then see you there", but I ended up not missing much.)

Later on, we decided to get something to eat, and because the nearest fast-food place was on the other side of the road when we headed there from the place we were, I actually arrived before my friends did, because on a bike I can just use the pedestrian crossings, but with the car they had to find a place to turn around.

After that I met up with two other friends for dinner.

What a day. The only things that weren't so good was that I didn't bring extra sunscreen (luckily, I just tan without getting sunburnt at all), and that it started raining when I was heading home at the end. (Since it was dark by then, I would've went home by train anyway, but still.)  

The MoUsY spell-checker

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces