Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Knife OR gun? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So which do you prefer?
  Da Knife.
  Le Gun
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:47 pm
Not sure what you mean by that. If you're referring to RE4's crapiness, then I put no blame on the sniper rifle.
I mean, obviously, the way RE SHOULD be, there are no big wide open spaces for a Sniper Rifle use, but still.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:43 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Not sure what you mean by that. If you're referring to RE4's crapiness, then I put no blame on the sniper rifle.
I mean, obviously, the way RE SHOULD be, there are no big wide open spaces for a Sniper Rifle use, but still.
I'm looking back on the game, and playing through parts... and honestly I don't think the areas in the game are all that big and open. However, your definition of big and open and mine are probably totally different. As far as I can tell, the areas offer JUST enough room to run past or away from the hordes that chase after you. Most of the big open areas (El Gigante, Dos Gigantes, U3, Saddler) are occupied by enemies that are able to close the gap in distance with only a few steps. The game still feels enclosed to me, just not as claustrophobic as previous games.  

Vinessa_Valentine

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:45 pm
In CVX, the rifle is first used on an artic heliport. That's pretty open.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:54 pm
REaceofclubs
In CVX, the rifle is first used on an artic heliport. That's pretty open.
Once again, my idea of open is different from yours and Bio's. Honestly I find the heli pad just as cramped as the spaces in RE4... where as Nosferatu is slow, his arm has incredible reach and the blowing snows keeps you from seeing him good enough to land a clean shot to his most vital areas until you are petty much in his reach.  

Vinessa_Valentine

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:20 pm
I see what you're saying. Still, though, In RE4, you can snipe people across the screen before the hoards even attack hence avoiding the problem of being swarmed by them. When compared to the other Resident Evils it's Pretty open. Why would you run on RE4 anyway? The only fun in the game is killing things. God knows it isn't scary AND they give you enough ammo to do so.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:27 pm
Well, it's all relative. RE4 is more open than previous RE games, and that's what I'm talking about.
But you're right, the only place where the rifle actually is used to its full potential is in Assignment Ada, when you can shoot one of them all the way on the other side of the island from Ada's starting position.
I wish I didn't remember that.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:46 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, it's all relative. RE4 is more open than previous RE games, and that's what I'm talking about.
But you're right, the only place where the rifle actually is used to its full potential is in Assignment Ada, when you can shoot one of them all the way on the other side of the island from Ada's starting position.
I wish I didn't remember that.
Wait... YOU CAN DO THAT!?!?!?!? Whoa... huh... oh well, never tried. As for running away, I used to do it when I first started, when I wasn't good at it. Now I run and corral them all so I can stun one and roundhouse kick them all down, then it just takes one incendiary 'nade and I have a bunch of charred corpse. Now I'm trying to aim my frags to hit areas unreachable except with the rifle.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:05 pm
Pretty sad how easy RE4 is. Plow through enemies and end up with more ammo than you started. Sad.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:26 pm
Yeah that's the truth it's also disappointing that you get the ammo you had when you finished at the new beginning...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:27 pm
Well, it's a relatively standard convention. For action games.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:29 pm
But it's annoying you should have to start all over again just like the other Resident Evils  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:32 pm
My point is that it's just another thing that proves that RE4 is an action game, and not Horror.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:33 pm
Yeah.... I did like the cover though!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:36 pm
The European cover was better. At least you can't see Leon's girly face on that one.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 pm
~falls down~ rofl  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff