Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

~Immortal Crow~

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:43 am
Yes I can see that. It did ruin it but I didn't mind and I will still get the games and such just because I want to. What I really hate is when people, unlike us unless you are about to try and hutn me down and kill me, start totally yelling and flaming each other because they disagree. I willingly accept your arguement and in fact on many levels agree with it. I am not saying you need to accept my arguement but I think it's better to have a conversation like this and ACCEPT the flaws of the new titles instead of going into a blind rage about how good it is and how stupid people are for not seeing that. In a way I think it lied to many people by saying Resident Evil 4, luckily although I was upset I didn't really dislike the game it was okay and so I wasn't so mad but it isn't a true RE game that is for sure.

I agree about the Doom movie too, I went to see it but wasn't really that impressed, if you are making a movie that is taking a title from a book, game or whatever you need to keep the basic plot of that.

I agree, it annoys the hell out of me when everyones like "OMG this movie is nothing like the game...Who's Alice why is she here, they messed this up" But then they claim a videogame that even though I like it, I admit is not like the originals is the best one in the series which most HAVE NOT played. Personally my favourite game is probably the first Resident Evil and the Remake or indeed Resident Evil 3. I like 4 but I don't think it's the best.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:54 am
And I think RE4's storyline and certain gameplay mechanics are an insult to Resident Evil.
It's like Capcom is saying, "T-Virus and Umbrella sucks. Static camera angles suck. Everything that we did before this was garbage. Buy our new stuff, it's better."
The fact that they made such drastic changes, it's like they're not standing by their past product. And Umbrella Chronicles only further proved this, because it was almost like they tried to tell a simplified version of the whole storyline, almost like they're saying, "Don't worry, you don't have to play those crappy RE games that we made in the past. This will explain everything."

Obviously there's nothing to do but agree to disagree, but that still means that I detest what RE has become.  

Biohazard EXTREME

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 am
*about 10 pages late to be responding to this, but oh well*
Don't sell your Wii, Bio! There are so many good games on it now!
Like Obscure: The Aftermath! And Brawl! And NiGHTS!

Also, I notice that most games go back to their routes eventually. Hopefully they will make another Outbreak or some other spin-off that has the old style of gameplay.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:39 am
Obscure: The Aftermath is available for PS2.

I haves it. 3nodding

And I think we can give a funeral to Capcom... the RE as we know and love it is doomed.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:52 am
Well, considering I absolutely dreaded the first Obscure, why would I like the sequel?

I don't care for brawl. The Wii is simply not worth keeping for me. Maybe it is for some people. But to me, it's as useless as a tampon.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 am
Actually, Bio, I played through some of it, and it's promising so far. Kadeejah Seshat enjoyed it as well. 3nodding

And hey, tampons can get you out of some terrible situations!  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

~Immortal Crow~

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 am
Yeah I see that too, I mean the only bit I semi liked where the Wesker Submission things but other than it it was just annoying. Really annoying. As much as the random camra change used to annoy me (at least when I first started playing) I missed it in the new games. I thought it kind of made it all more exciting in a way.

Yeah I think it's best, I mean I would by no means say I love the new stuff it's just OKAY to me and that's it, I'm really kind of apathetic about the newer stuff, I play it, I enjoy playing it but then again I enjoy videogames so I think that's part of it. Yet I always know that after about ten minutes of Resident Evil 4 I have my classics to go back to. I always know Resident Evil Remake and 3 will be my favourites, I'm not sure why but they will. Besides I think the new titles are like those really bad movies, you watch them just to pick faults, or dub them yourself. At least that's what a friend and I do when we play, it takes away from the 'bad-ness' of it all.

I think you're right Notte. It's like everything they run out of ideas, come up with a crap one and everyone just agrees so they can make money. I just hope oneday if they carry on they MIGHT return to the true Resident Evil style and feel.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:22 am
NotteRequiem
Actually, Bio, I played through some of it, and it's promising so far. Kadeejah Seshat enjoyed it as well. 3nodding

And hey, tampons can get you out of some terrible situations!
Well, that means nothing. My friend liked the first one. So unless you're actually gonna compare it to the first one... And please... Tell me how a Tampon can get ME out of a terrible situation?

Crow, the problem is, that's another thing that ruins things for me. When people make everything onto TOO much of a joke. At one point, I heard so many Silent Hill jokes, that I started getting tired of Silent Hill, too.
That's the thing, I want to retain the seriousness of the franchises that I love.

EDIT: I guess I'm just sensitive to that sort of thing. I need to retain the purity of something, otherwise it'll be ruined for me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

~Immortal Crow~

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:30 am
I know what you mean. I suppose it's everyone to their own. I still love the old series the most but I guess I accept the new one. I just don't like the whole stupid set up with all these noobie people running around about it being the best game ever. I admit it's not, it's probably almost at the bottom on my list of Resident evil games, Dead aim being the very bottom. I think for me the thing that always annoys me most is these rabid fans you get, saying they are the best and then companys helping them by, like you pointed out, bringing out UC and making it so easy. That does Piss me off.

Randomly though Notte does have a point they can be handy sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:45 am
Handy for WOMEN. How does that serve me?  

Biohazard EXTREME

~Immortal Crow~

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:54 am
Hmm... Well I suppose there are some random uses for a tampon...Maybe to fix a leak? I dunno I never thought of that. I shall think about.

Randomly I hope there's no hard feelings about the games and such? I don't want to make any enemies here.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:54 am
Well, you know, if you're ever stuck in a small boat and it has a few small holes.... >.>  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

~Immortal Crow~

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 am
It could happen...Maybe...  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:08 am
~Immortal Crow~
Hmm... Well I suppose there are some random uses for a tampon...Maybe to fix a leak? I dunno I never thought of that. I shall think about.

Randomly I hope there's no hard feelings about the games and such? I don't want to make any enemies here.

Hey, it's your opinion. I'm known to be a devil's advocate myself, so don't worry about it.

Oh, and Notte... If my boat has a FEW small holes, then ONE tampon still isn't gonna save me, so there!  

Biohazard EXTREME

~Immortal Crow~

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:44 am
Thanks, I know some people get up tight about and trust me I know what it's like to fight for what you believe in. I generally do it all the time.

And now you have a point...You do realise I'm going to be trying to work out an answer for this now probably all night. Knowing my luck I'll be out at the movies later and suddenly shout out something about the use of a tampon.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff