Books you hated. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When I read a book I hate...
  ...I don't finish it.
  ...I finish it.
  ...I finish it and rant for days about how much time I wasted on that POS.
View Results

raychelMAY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 am
I really hated the Catcher in the Rye. Maybe I just can't appreciate it or something.. but it just seemed like this kid wandered around New York for about 300 pages.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am
Well... I think the one book i hated most strongly is 'Inkdeath' by Cornelia Funke. it was a pointless ending to the trilogy, after the second book being SO good. A very dissatisfying ending... I did put it down for several... months... *cough* >.> But, i also HAVE to finish books, no matter how awful... I just end up putting them down for several months halfway though before finishing them.

I wont get myself started on a rant =]  

Alisa Chatoyant

Blessed Raider

9,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Bandele

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:57 am
The Other Boelyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory. I couldn't stand it. I always finish books that I don't like, but this want I just couldn't. I ended up giving it away.

Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I read the first book in the series and half of the second. It literally took me a year to read it. I couldn't take it. I would just stop and read something else.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:37 pm
I am a proud Twilight hater.

Author, editor, and literary degree masters rank it as a third grade level writing at best.

It's poorly written, lacks plot, lacks character build, and took away the shivering excitement you get from the word "vampire". Cause now, a vampire is about as dangerous as a fairy god mother.
gonk

I could go on, but there are guilds for that length of ranting.

lakita_phoenix

lakita_phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:42 pm
xandynz
Volatile Rainbow
lakita_phoenix
irock708
Anything by Beverly Cleary biggrin

And most supposedly "realistic" fiction involving teenagers and high school. Which are completely untrue and unrealistic.

dido!
though most people find me rather unusual since I also do not enjoy Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"; though for the last time it's a lust story, not a love story! talk2hand

I found Romeo and Juliet to be Shakespeare's most boring play. Give me A Midsummer's Night Dream anytime 3nodding

I liked 'Twelfth Night'. My favorite Shakespeare work.

I have to agree. Romeo and Juliet is pretty worn out.
Taming of the Shrew, now that is one I'll read again!

I loathe all these things where one of the main characters is all in their own "great depression" mood swings (again, with the Twilight series). I much prefer that the characters torment each other if they're going to be like that.
lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:04 pm
Twilight, first of all.
Eragon.
Suck it up. I hated this book.. Yes, it's an actual book.
I could go on and on but that would probably crack the internet.  

Mastermind of Destruction

DeMoNxDaVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 pm
You know what? I hate this book called Deadville. It's author is so incoherant in a lot of his writing.

And you know what book(graphic novel technically) was REALLY, REALLY good but most of my drooling, unintelligent classmates didn't like? (read in English)

Maus by Art Spiegelman. Freaking Amazing. I mean Pulitzer Prize good.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:07 pm
lakita_phoenix
I am a proud Twilight hater.

Author, editor, and literary degree masters rank it as a third grade level writing at best.

It's poorly written, lacks plot, lacks character build, and took away the shivering excitement you get from the word "vampire". Cause now, a vampire is about as dangerous as a fairy god mother.
gonk

I could go on, but there are guilds for that length of ranting.

I.
Freaking.
Love.
You.
xp  

DeMoNxDaVe

I-Nom-Nomz-on-Yewr-Brain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:28 pm
I quite frankly enjoy the book The Outsiders. Most people, only read the book and think 'How Bland' but if you ACTUALLY read the book, there are symbolic meanings also. I find it very interesting and captivating too.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:32 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
jenna of awesomeness
whoa u people are dissing really classic and awesome books.
anne of green gables? classic
eragon? adventurous
seriously
User Image

Are you suggesting that people need to like books just because they're "classic" or popular?

User Image

I believe she saying that you guys are hating on these books BECAUSE their classical  

I-Nom-Nomz-on-Yewr-Brain

ThisIsMyDeathbed_x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:07 am
Most hated book.....
Hated....
Hated....
AHA! Jaqueline Wilson books in general. She's awful. What's the point of Double Act anyway? exactly, no point. No meaning. Just bland words.

Twilight. Could Stephanie Meyer go on and on about Edward's hard chest any more??? I totally agree with lakita_phoenix xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:13 am
O8-Toodles-8O
Well... I think the one book i hated most strongly is 'Inkdeath' by Cornelia Funke. it was a pointless ending to the trilogy, after the second book being SO good. A very dissatisfying ending... I did put it down for several... months... *cough* >.> But, i also HAVE to finish books, no matter how awful... I just end up putting them down for several months halfway though before finishing them.

I wont get myself started on a rant =]

Yeah, the ending was pretty much a waste of emotion. I loved the first one, adored the second, cried when Farid (it was him or dustfinger, i can't remember, it's been a while sweatdrop ) was lying dead in the cave, and for what? a crappy ending. *sigh*  

ThisIsMyDeathbed_x

impiousLion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:37 pm
I-Nom-Nomz-on-Yewr-Brain
I quite frankly enjoy the book The Outsiders. Most people, only read the book and think 'How Bland' but if you ACTUALLY read the book, there are symbolic meanings also. I find it very interesting and captivating too.

THANK YOU.

Books I truly hate:

Twilight. [Another proud Twilight hater.]
To Kill A Mockingbird. [No offense to those to think it's great. I just couldn't stand seeing that damn book.]

Now, hate, which I'm positive you've all heard this before, is a very strong word. Think twice before you cut down, or 'critique', books in general. It may just backfire and make you look like a superficial idiot. [No offense.] Which, then again, 90 or so percent of people are. ^ ^ Just my opinion/thoughts. Don't be a hater, lol.

P.S. ...I LIKED ERAGON. *Scampers off*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:35 pm
I hated Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. To me, it just made no sense, whatsoever. The upsetting part is that I had gotten it for my birthday, and I was really excited to read it, but then I actually read it. I much prefer Charlotte Bronte now.

I also hate Lord of the Flies by... I don't know the authors name. It was just... disturbing.

Also, I would like to offer my critique on Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. While, okay, I love the book (and Edward, but please don't attack), the writing "skill" is non-existant. She uses what, four adjectives in the entire book? Think about it. She isn't a good writer, but she is good at creating a character for teenage girls to fall in love with. Now, if only she had the skill, eh?  

Marshy82

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:05 pm
When I'm looking for a good romance books and find out the the summery is about I'll be like "Oh this sounds good" but then when I see the front cover of a half naked dude or whatever that's on the front cover I decide not to get it.

The reason is that I really do find it very annoying of half naked guys on front covers of romance books, I know that sex sale but god, I just can't stand it. I mean... I wouldn't mind if it was just showing a background of just the house or anything but damn I would like use my imagination of what the character looks in the story instead.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff