Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alba Lux

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:34 pm
Hi! I'm Alba, and I'm a student of occultism. My primary sources are the Theosophical writers and the Arcane School. I also like the study of Tarot, Astrology, Alchemy and History of Magic, among many other things. I hope to find other people interested in occult studies beyond mere paranormal phenomena or magical spells.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:19 pm
Hi Alba, thank you for telling me about this guild!
Oh, and Hi Mitsch, I believe we've met already somewhere else...

Ok well, yeah, I study occultism in the general areas Alba mentioned above: the Theosophical Society (Mme. Blavatsky, Dr. Besant, et al), The Arcane School (Alice A. Bailey, D.K.), The Philosophical Research Society (Manly P. Hall), as well as the writtings of some other authors, like J. Krishnamurti and Carl Jung.

Other topics of interest include (in no particular order): Alchemy, Hermetism, Symbolism, Mythology, Freemasonry, Compared Religions, Meditation, Gnosticism,Astrology, Divination and Magic (without a "k" at the end).

If anyone feels like droping me a line or two we can talk anytime.  

Guidopicho

Legato Nosferatu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 am
You may call me Legato.
I am here as more of a form of all sorts of research. The occult is a very interesting topic to me thusly I would like to learn more about it. I will hopefully be able to read on most of the articles in this guild and makes use of what you have brought to the table.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:11 am

Hi, I'm Yvonne. I go by M0IRA in Gaia. My religion is more or less my own and Pagan. I believe in reincarnation, animal spirits and totems. All nature is special. The only magic I've practiced have been American Indian protective spells and folk magic.

I believe in spirits that can be seen, recorded energies, inherent good and evil, but not as god or the devil. I am very open minded about what others believe and magic's they practice. I may not have your knowledge, but, don't discount it.

I work part time. I'm a total insomniac, so, I'm on at weird times. Come talk to me. Tell me how you believe, enlighten me on your chosen practices, tell me your stories. I'd love to hear from all of you on whatever subject you wish to discuss. IM me. I'm around.

I also read Tarot.  

M0IRA

melaniecat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 pm
Hello, my name is Melaniecat. I joined the guild because I would like to learn more about the occult and the world around me. I also lived with a ghost in my apartment. It's a long story and I will tell it to you later. I am intrested in all things occult or supernatural. I read the Tarot and am quite accurate. I am not bragging, I just find it interesting that when I read the cards, they seem to really tell the truth. I hang out with more furry people then real people. They are the loves of my life, my kitties. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk or ask me questions. (I do not do Tarot readings over the computer.)

Melaniecat  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:09 am
My name is Lem and I am interested in the paranormal. I have had my own few experiences. Umm...I'm a rising college freshman?  

GFSummoner

Newbie Noob

Viscerim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:34 am
It seems I've gotten ahead of myself here and posted without introducing myself. Very rude of me smile

Everyone can go ahead and call me Viscerim if they'd like.

I was born and raised Catholic, and during the classes I was to attend for confirmation, I brought up questions concerning Paganism. I was about to dive deep into Druidism particularly, and I was pulled in front of the class and called a heretic and told I would go to Hell if I didn't stop asking questions. Well, I got confirmed and that was the last I saw of church.

I practiced druidism for quite a while, but in all the craft types I've dived into, I've always found a way around tools that weren't available to me.

Since I was little and introduced to this whole world laid before me, I was absolutely obsessed! I've gone through many religions and tested many theories and ritual types to see what was right for me, and I feel like I still haven't gotten it yet.

I've also got some strange occurences that I would be more than happy to share with everyone. I am just generally inquisitive, and I like to experiment - I also like to ignore warnings sweatdrop so it's no wonder why strange things happen. Right now I'm to a point where I feel like a collage of questions and confusion, and I'm hoping to find pieces to my happy little puzzle of a perspective.

About me in general, I live with my fiance (we will be married September 19, 2009). My other obsession/addiction would have to be video games. Other than that, I stick to my work, which is up in the air right now, but still at a hospital.

I love getting PM's, so if anyone would prefer to PM me any time rather than asking me a direct question in a reply, I would be delighted. I'm sure I'll fit right in! And thank you for accepting me into your guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:21 am
Hi, I'm Mistreena. I've been interested in the occult, paranormal, etc. for quite a while now. My religion is kinda a mix of whatever feels right to me, mixing with pagan and wicca. I have had very few experiences with ghosts/paranormal, but the few times I have experienced things have gotten questions and ideas rolling around my head that just won't get out biggrin
I hope to participate in some great discussions and research here, and make some new friends. ^_^

Mistreena

ravenmagician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm
My name is Lee.

Im a catalyst and a sage and still try to lead a "normal" life. My energy draws from lots of different areas of magick, kinda eclectic in nature.

My mission is to support truth and waken up peoples spirits

Your truth is what you make it, find yours.

I look in the mirror every morning and say to myself "My beliefs create my reality."

I believe in peace and love.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:31 am
well, hey I'm talnari, but I've been called pretty much anything from tally to hopman so feel free to call me whatever you damn well please, it really doesn't matter.
i'm just here to get more information about .... anything, I am sponge I absorb, and sometimes I have somewhat useful comments?....  

talnari forsaken

Lady Pureblood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:37 pm
My name is Eternity Green, I hail from the northwest. I have been sensitive to spirits and esp since a child. I have grown attached to the occult , not only for its interest but for it's own answers to a better life.

I have joined this guild to meet people who are like me or share my passon for the paranormal.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:28 pm
Namaste, my name is Eve. I have also been raised Catholic but don't think much of it. Only 15 and have not found my religious 'niche', if you will. I believe in reincarnation, am vegetarian, and am trying to learn a bit about Eastern religions in general (especially Hinduism) along with intelligent design. Also trying to find ways out of a future confirmation class sweatdrop PM me if you want to chat about... anything. Love questioning and discussing things.  

silverncold196

6,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Pie Enabler 100

hinotehimora_250

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:35 am
Hello all, I go by the crafting name Hinote, I have talked with mitsh about a teaching spot within you guild and just wanted to introdues my self, any and all pm's for questions on most of the occult craft i can help you with out side of that i plan to hold debates and teachings in the fourms... Once again thank you all and have a nice day *bow*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:08 pm
hello, Im erin.
All things magic and paranormal fascinate me. 3nodding  

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Zukal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:09 pm
My birth name is matt but my real name is zukalakash. You can call me that, zukal, or Z all of which i'm fine with. I started studying all sorts of religion when i was in the 8th grade or so. Starting with most popular religions first (christianity, buddhism, judaism, etc) and finally branching off to occult based religions. Mostly studied in black magic. I tried studying the others but they just didn't interest me all that much. I believe myself to be an Ancient opposite to the Elders. If you know anything about them, great. If not PM me and i'll tell you about it. Not something i want to share in the first post :p. Uhm. That's all i got for now.

-Z  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces