Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it'll be worth it?
  Yes!!!!
  Pffft. Enough with this foolishness.
  Haven't made up my mind yet.
View Results

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:41 pm
Canas Renvall
Thee Stranger
Gee. I wonder if the mystery guy is Wesker. rolleyes

At Comic-Con, Capcom announced that Wesker's gone. Permanently. Omg, it's true. xd

Yeah, I totally take retract the Wesker statement. At the time I wrote that, the box art wasn't even loading for me, so I had no visual reference and when they say "mystery" character, I just assumed Wesker off the top of my head, because Capcom is often painfully predictable.

But yeah, there's no mystery here. After actually seeing the box art and reading the posts, it's definitely Krauser. The guy on the box looks just like him; I think I can even see his beret. And it makes perfect sense, given the whole Leon prequel in South America deal (originally reported as taking place before RE2 in this thread). So obviously there will be some kind of crash at the end and Krauser will be presumed dead.

Krauser fangirls, rejoice! (Or Maybe HUNK is Krauser! surprised That wouldn't surprise me very much either.)

Meh, it might be kind of interesting. But given that they're covering Code Veronica in this game, you would think that Wesker and Chris should definitely be in it. But something tells me they won't. Aw well, they had the past couple games. I'll check this one out, but definitely won't be in a rush.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:39 pm
Also, Krauser was announced to be with Leon in the South America scenario. The in-game models look awesome... except for the HAIR. Argh. D:  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:37 pm
It was actually announced? You sure?

Hmm... I just went and watched the latest trailer of this game, and I gotta admit it impressed me. It looks like that REmake of RE2 that we never got, with RE:CV thrown in for good measure. However, Alfred lost his girly voice. WTF, why? And it also looks like they're making some tweaks to Annette's character that I can't say I like. Alexia got a lot more ugly and Chris looks, like, asian. Which is weird (Yeah, guess he is in it. So Wesker must be too. Wonder if either are playable...)

It also looks like they're gonna amp up the romance factor between Claire and Steve. I'm sorry, but this is something that I rolled my eyes at, even in the original. When Code Veronica first released on the Dreamcast, it came hot off the heels of a very big movie at that time: James Cameron's TITANIC. A movie that I hated, with a passion, and now they're gonna taint my Resident Evil with this s**t. Steve's character, to me, is a shameless imitation of Leo's character in that movie. He looked just like him, had the same haircut (before the CVX version altered it), died a bittersweet, tragic death; blah blah. I didn't find Steve's death particularly sad or touching, at all. It just felt forced and cliche. And hey, I know there's probably more than a few fangirls out there who love that whole girl-meets-pretty boy, pretty boy-goes-out-of-his-way-to-save-girl-and-win-her-heart-and-then-dies, and-boo-hoo-grab-me-my-hankie-I-enjoy-crying-at-sad-things deal. And that's cool. But not me, baby. It doesn't belong in RE. Not that I hated Steve or anything, but meh. Lame.

Aaaaanyway, I've also been reading up on some of the rumors and such, and it looks like this may be tying up those gaping Steve & Sherry threads that have been left hanging so long, as well as fleshing out a few more details leading up to the events of RE5. And if that's true, it's about damn time and that's pretty damn cool. So now I'm actually kind of excited about this game. The trailer got me pumped. I don't know, what can I say? I'm a sucker for nostalgia. It got me me. It hooked me and reeled me in. So I'm in, for the time being. I probably won't be running right out and pre-ordering it or anything, but this could actually be pretty cool even if it is just a rail shooter. Hopefully, they won't be doing any dumb retconning s**t like they did in UC. If it turns out to be anything like that, I'll probably wait until it's dirt-cheap.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:29 pm
User Image
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175960
Famitsu Scan 1
Famitsu Scan 2
Also, a long time ago that new girl in the second scan was announced, Manuela. She seems to be another throwaway character, too. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:17 pm
Well hello there, Krauser...

Lookin' good so far, that's for sure.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:02 am
They're going to finally tie up what happened to Steve and Sherry in a side-title? This doesn't look good... gonk

inb4 Bio saying "That's what you get for getting your hopes up" etc., etc...  

MadamTarantula

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:21 am
Hmm... looks like they threw Leon and Krauser in RE5.

@Angela: It's better than nothing. And since this seems to revolve purely around Umbrella, I think of it more as a main title than a side title. But yeah, it's definitely wise not to raise expectations too high.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:20 am
Leon~<3
I can't wait for this game to come out! RE2 was my favorite and it gives background to RE4 =3 I know everyone is saying that it's not gonna be much of anything, but I can't wait for it to release...

Stitched Ghost

Wealthy Bunny

11,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:04 pm
Thee Stranger
Hmm... looks like they through Leon and Krauser in RE5.

@Angela: It's better than nothing. And since this seems to revolve purely around Umbrella, I think of it more as a main title than a side title. But yeah, it's definitely wise not to raise expectations too high.

Well know how Billy had an incident in Africa? I always theorized Krauser was apart of that. I still hate the whole thing, it's stupid. Leon all trained and s**t, just to head home to Raccoon City and be a rookie cop? The hell is that?

This is not a game making me cry that I don't have a Wii.
And Sherry and Steve's ends tied up? Well I would like to see what they come up for that.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:40 pm
No, that whole scenario is going to take place after CVX, not before RE2.

And no, this game shouldn't make you cry that you don't have a Wii. Super Mario Galaxy should.  

Thee Stranger

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:45 pm
Ah I see! Yeah I was behind on the information then. Makes sense now, even if it does look like they're in Africa. Again.

Yeap, and Super Mario Galaxy is doing a great job at that.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:16 am
New little tidbit. In another attempt to get most of the original VAs, Capcom has said that Peter Oldring is repriesing his role as the ever-so-cross-dressing-freaky Alfred Ashford! Expect more creepy giggles. biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:25 pm
FOR REAL? Holy s**t. This has really brightened up my crappy week. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:33 am
I find it kinda creepy that there's a guy in one of my classes that can do that laugh really, really well. Lol  

Vankala

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:15 am
Thee Stranger
Yeah, they never did explain what happened to Sherry. It appears that they just dropped that whole plot thread with Wesker altogether. Steve, too.

And I am not a Billy fan. So I just like to think he got nuked along with Raccoon City.

I heard rumors, even some hints from DC Douglas that Wesker might appear in Darkside Chronicles. On a side note, I love Billy. He's just pretty cool to me, never cared for Barry though or understand the huge hype about him lol. Don't know why but he annoys me LOL. We rarely get to see anything on Ada Wong so it'd be cool to see her again.

I really resent the game as a rail shooter though. Why can't they just make it the way they did with RE 4 for the Wii in the since that yeah, still over the shoulder, but YOU had complete control of the character? At least that would be more tangible then a House of the Dead styled RE game >_> whyyyyyyyyyy Capcom whyyyyyy?

gonk I have to agree with Strangah on page 4 though (still trying to get through the pages) if they're going to do a remake of something, then they should actually REmake it! Come on Capcom seriously....stop cheapifying the classics!

Ugh screw the rest of the pages lol, I have to get to classes really shortly so I'll just post what I have already.

Thee Stranger
Hmm... looks like they threw Leon and Krauser in RE5.

Huh? What do you mean "threw them in" ? Leon and Krauser were never in the 5th game O_o In fact I haven't heard anything about Krauser since RE 4 and the only thing in relation to Leon is when they constantly bring up the "Kennedy Report" and "Las Plagas".

On another side note, it always tickles me funny when I hear the characters say the word "zombies". Its just funny to me especially when Wesker in Richard Waughs voice says it with such a suave voice.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff