Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So, why are you unafraid of dying? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

flame skulls

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:50 pm
im not afraid because i have nothing but my fellow agnostics and atheists  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:04 pm
I fear death, it scares the s**t out of me, and not in a freak accident sort of way either, you know how they say "If you were to die right now, do you know whether you'd go to heaven or hell?" Well I know, and I'm not proud of it, sure I laugh and joke and say "yup, i'm gonin ta hell", but what if I was wrong? What if there is some form of an afterlife based on our actions on earth? Then I'd be ******** over, sideways and from behind. I'm not a good person, I rank close to #1 in being an a** in general to other people, making religion, race, gender, and mental capability jokes. People have come to my normal freinds telling them to straighten me out. I've been known as Nazi, anti-christ and other various things since 8th grade. I make people cry, I piss all my teachers off. This is all in school too, when I graduate, then what? Yes, I'm going to "hell", and I sure hope me and the devil get along reeeeaaal nice like.  

The Candy Store Massacre

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:50 am
Not scared of dying...I just don't want it to be anything involving drowning or needles.

Le gasp! Drowning in needles! gonk Not sure how it would work but for me that would be the worst possible death.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:59 am
I am slightly fearful of death. The concept of not existing is foreign to me since...well..I've never expirienced non-existance.

I have a morbid feeling sometimes that I may die shortly either by someone elses hand or a freak accident. Like, I'll be hanging out at my friends house and the thought will pass my mind, "I may not be alive tomorrow."

I think I will become more comfortable with it when I become elderly.

But as of now, I fear death because I am not ready to go yet.

Xiporah

Chikalto

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:12 pm
Because it'll happen no matter how I feel about it. It's one of the few certainties in life; it's actually kind of a form of comfort to know it's going to happen. Also, the chance to see who's right is rather tempting.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:27 pm
basically i feel like when i die, im just not gonna be here, i wont know im dead because i wont know anything. Ill just be gone. I think most religions say that theres an afterlife because they want to make themselves feel better about death. But in reality, we're just gone when we're dead.  

Alexander Blair

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:57 pm
Jameson77
basically i feel like when i die, im just not gonna be here, i wont know im dead because i wont know anything. Ill just be gone. I think most religions say that theres an afterlife because they want to make themselves feel better about death. But in reality, we're just gone when we're dead.

I don't see how knowing you're dead is supposed to make you feel better about death. I would get depressed if I knew people were grieving for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 pm
"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?" ~ Epicurus  

Theophrastus

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:10 pm
From what i know about the atheist belifs after resurch, i can still believe theres an after life........theres just no god. picture more of the soul society in bleach.

But i can tell you, what scares people about death is just not existing, and you just...stop, theres no more you.

People in religions want to believe that theres a pupose for the human race, when really unless its to destory ourselves, and kill a planet...i doubt theres any great idea for people.

We just live, strive to be better, or just strive to be us. existing as we are, and in the end, we go somewhere or we don't. Lately im leaning more to the we just stop existing theory...theres no proof of a soul. So...we'll see where logic/ reason leads me ...but i find it interesting that we spend so much time discussing death, when we could be living. Because if i will just cease to exist after death, id want to have done something for the world to remember, even if its as small as a book.

So technicly the immortanlity of a written book could be taken as an afterlife couldn't it? (Unless its burned of course...)

Sorry i ranted a bit i hope i made some sence.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:04 am
Because the idea of an eternal afterlife is a whole lot scarier. If the universe just happened to explode, you and all the other dead people would continue with your afterlife until the end of time, which will never happen. And it would go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and...I think you get the point now.  

Fourscarf

o Key o

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:36 am
I guess I would be afraid of death, if I could completely understand it. But I don't think I'll ever be able to.

Right now I can't conceive of laying in the hospital at ninety, dying. I also can't conceive of being hit by a bus tomorrow morning. I just can't know how I'll feel about my death until I'm at that point.

And if I die in an accident, and suddenly, I don't believe I'll know I'm dead. Like an animal that's slaughtered, I'll have no idea what happened until that final moment. And then, nothing. I'll just be gone.

If I won't know I'm dead, how can I be afraid?
I'm more concerned with getting old and frail, and forgetting things I used to know.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:33 pm
Fearing death is like fearing creating excrement. Everyone does it. It's nothing to worry about.  

God of lunchboxes

Throwaway243

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:30 pm
Im afraid of death... WAY WAY more than most religious people. I beleive that when you die its just like before you were born, noting hapens, no thoughts, feelings, sights, not even blackness. This makes me more scared than religious people because they at least beleive that they will go somewhere when they die but I beleive that nothing will happen so I am so scared that I crap my pants when i even think im close to death...

Damn it I wish I was capable of beleiving! WHY!? WHY ME!? crying

eek You didnt read that ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:07 pm
It's pretty hard to not be afraid of dying. There's a big difference between accepting the concept of death being the end and not being afraid of death.  

Pacify

jkmetal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:09 pm
It scares me because I have not experienced enough in my life yet.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff