Submit

Yay God!
  Yay God :-D
View Results

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:10 pm
St. Patrick's Day
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
— Psalm 23:1-3 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

He restores my soul. My, that sounds so good. But it is more than talk. When we've reached that point where we can't go on, God blesses us with strength to just keep on walking. When we're in a struggle and things are tough, his power upholds us and we run to victory. When we're winning victories in his name, we can soar on wings like eagles. He is a shepherd and more. He is the Rock and Sustainer of our lives!
My Prayer...
O Gentle Shepherd, help me rest tonight in your grace and in the confidence that you are nearby. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:45 pm
March 18
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
— Romans 15:13 (NIV)

Hope and joy and peace sound terrific. Two things are vital for these two blessings to be a part of our lives. First, we must trust God to meet our needs and get us to where we need to be. Second, we expect the power of the Holy Spirit to bless us and empower us with God's qualities.
My Prayer...
Great and Mighty God, bless me with greater trust that you are nearby and long to help. Dear Father, bless and empower me to be the person you want me to be. Fill me with your Spirit so I may live my life here more like Jesus lived his life here on earth. In the name of the Savior I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:42 pm
March 19
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
— Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)

A lot of different religious groups will give you all sorts of ways to know whether or not you have the Holy Spirit. Jesus has one simple answer: "by their fruit you will know them." Paul gives us the definition of holy fruit -- LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS and SELF-CONTROL. Now why not repeat them out loud and ask the Lord to make this fruit yours in full measure?
My Prayer...
Abba Father, through the Spirit I call upon you. Please fulfill in me the character you possess. I want to exhibit the qualities of your child, Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:02 am
March 20
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
— 1 Peter 2:2-3 (NIV)

Salvation is such a precious thing! However, we know something is horribly wrong if a child continues to stay in the same place in his or her growth and maturation. Arrested development in a physical child is the cause of great concern. Hebrews 6 reminds us that this is also true in our spiritual lives. God does not want us remaining immature! He wants us to continue to grow. Our Father wants us to crave what is good and what builds us up. So, what are you going to do today to satisfy your spiritual appetite and grow in the Lord?
My Prayer...
Mighty God, thank you for loving me and saving me. I really want to mature in your grace. Bless me today as I seek to pattern holy habits and fill myself spiritually with the things that will help me grow. But Holy God, I know that true growth comes only from you, so I ask you to strengthen me by your Spirit as I pursue your character. In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:16 pm
March 21
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought.
— Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NIV)

Trust. Can we trust in God? Is the Lord really faithful? While we may wish to have been alive when Jesus walked the earth or when Jeremiah fearlessly spoke God's hard truth, we are especially blessed to be alive today. We stand at a moment in time where we can look back at an incredible stream of God's work. We can look at history and know the Father to be profoundly faithful to his people. We can launch out into the future with boldness because we know, through our faith, that God is already there!
My Prayer...
Holy God, I know you are there! In the morning, in the evening, in the long nights, I know I am not alone. Thank you for knowing me and going with me through all my days. Please make your presence known to me this day, and indeed every day, as I seek to honor you in what I do and say. In the name of Jesus, my Lord, I ask this. Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm
March 22
Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
— Ephesians 6:10-11 (NIV)

Many of the struggles in our lives are not mere accidents! Many of them are not put there by God. Our challenges often come from the hand of our enemy, Satan. He always prowls about looking for the best scheme to knock us out of our commitment to and relationship with the Lord. Placing ourselves firmly in the hands of the Lord and using his tools of warfare will help us defeat our enemy who has already been humiliated by Jesus and the cross.
My Prayer...
Strengthen me, O God, that I may stand against my foe and triumph by the power of your Spirit so that I may bring honor and glory to my conquering Savior who will return one day and take me home in victory. In the name of the victorious Rider on the White Horse I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:27 pm
March 23
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
— James 1:12 (NIV)

Only Christians win at life. That's because none of us who is human has the power to hold back our awful enemy, death. But when we have persevered, we are given the ultimate victory: LIFE that will not end because our lives are in the hands of the one who defeated death!
My Prayer...
Thank you Father, for sending your Son to defeat the power of death and provide me the ultimate victory. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:09 pm
March 24
The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
— Romans 6:23 (NIV)

If we receive death as our payment for sin, we're only being paid what we're owed -- sin is rebellion against the God who loves us and gave us his most precious gift to redeem us from sin! But God's gift is free -- eternal life in Jesus Christ. We could not earn it, deserve it, or demand it. So God offered it by grace.
My Prayer...
Thank you God for loving me when no one else could or would. Thank you for sacrificing the most precious gift of heaven so I could join you there. Of all the gifts I've ever received, yours is the best. I offer this praise in the name of one whose gift has given me life! Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:47 pm
March 25
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
— 1 John 1:9 (NIV)

We can be forgiven of our sins! That's great, but there's even better news. We can be purified of any stain from sin!! That's incredible: not only am I forgiven, but I'm also made clean and new again! But only because of God's grace and perfect sacrifice for our sins.
My Prayer...
Forgiving Father, please forgive me today for my lack of passion to love and forgive others in the way you have so graciously forgiven me. Create in me a heart like your own: faithful, forgiving, and gracious. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:58 pm
March 26
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him.
— Philippians 1:29 (NIV)

When we read the book of Acts, we find the disciples overjoyed at suffering "for the sake of the name." Since Jesus has already victoriously passed through that kind of ordeal, we should consider it a privilege, not a hardship, to share in his sufferings, not just a hardship. The truth of our commitment is often best shown to the skeptical when we are "under fire." So let's keep our character when under attack and rejoice, because we've seen in Jesus what happens when God's children are faithful even at the cost of their lives.
My Prayer...
What a precious name you have given to your son, O Lord. May it be exalted in all the earth and throughout all the heavens, until every heart knows that he is truly Lord. In Jesus name, and for his glory, I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:01 pm
March 27
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
— Psalm 62:7 (NIV)

Who we are, what becomes of us in life, and if we accomplish anything of worldly significance are all in God's hands. We cannot achieve lasting honor for ourselves without his blessing. We cannot secure our future or our safety without his protection and blessing. The basis of all achievement and glory is dependent upon our willingly placing our lives in his care.
My Prayer...
O Rock, Fortress of my life, I place myself in your care. Take charge of my future and use me for your glory. In you I take refuge and on your strength I rely to make my days worthwhile. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:55 pm
March 28
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men -- the testimony given in its proper time.
— 1 Timothy 2:5-6 (NIV)

We do not need to have another human, no matter how mighty, pious, or special, to intercede for us before God. As his children, we can go to our Father freely, knowing that God himself has provided the perfect mediator between himself and us. That mediator, alone, is head of the Church and Chief Priest before God on our behalf. His name is Christ Jesus, and he is our Lord, Savior and brother.
My Prayer...
O God, you are my God, and I praise you for making access to you so freely available. I know that if left to my own power, I would have no strength or righteousness with which to approach you. Yet in your grace, you not only provided a ransom for my sin, but you also provided a mediator for my approach to you. Jesus, I thank you as well, for paying the price and staying at the Father's side to intercede and speak for me! Thank you, Jesus, for making this prayer known to the Father as I pray in your name. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:27 pm
March 29
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
— 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NIV)

Righteousness! That's what we are. We are not righteous. No, it is much bigger than that. We are God's righteousness. We are the testimony of how holy, just and gracious he truly is because, in Jesus, we are his righteousness!
My Prayer...
Almighty God, thank you for making me righteous in the blood of your son's death. May people see in me a reflection of your holiness, justice, and mercy as I try to share your grace with them. Through Jesus, your sacrifice for my sins I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:49 pm
March 30
He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and he carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.
— Isaiah 53:3-4 (NIV)

Jesus was everything and became nothing for us. Yet most of the people alive on earth with him when he came, even his very own people, didn't know him or accept him even though he came to save them. The crowds just assumed he deserved what he got. Most did not repent. But there was something about that sacrificial story that has grabbed hearts over the years and called God's lost children home. In our journey home, we find him to not only be a Savior, but a servant who lived and died for our salvation as well.
My Prayer...
God Almighty, your plan to redeem me takes my breath away. Why you chose to take your precious son and expose him to such public disgrace while he was on earth I will never comprehend. But this I do know: you love me with an everlasting love and I will serve you with all of my strength in thanks for his great sacrifice. Thank you for your love. In the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm
March 31
He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
— Isaiah 53:5-6 (NIV)

I don't know how Jesus could stand up under its weight. He had my sin, your sin, our sin. He allowed it to be placed upon him so that we would not have to bear the ultimate consequences of it at all. But in that sacrifice, as horrible as it was, we find ourselves healed -- cured of the most awful disease a person can have, a sin-sick soul. He was pierced, crushed, and punished for our sins. In their place, he has left us his transforming peace and a place to belong.
My Prayer...
God of peace, fill my soul with the wonder of your grace. Let me not forget the cost of your love. Stir in me the constant and abiding memory of your redemptive grace. Thank you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff