Welcome to Gaia! ::

B.O.O. GUILD REVIVED

Back to Guilds

WE'RE BACK BABY 

Tags: OVERSEER, GUILD, BOOG, UILD, PLS BOOGUILD 

Reply Korra
I just realized something about 2012, december 21st Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sandman bravo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:34 am
Rai the Hanyou Samurai
What's going to happen in 2012? I'm not all that sure who's going to the Super Bowl next year, or which country is going to win most of the gold medals in the 2010 Winter Olympics, and I'm not all that sure what will happen during the Macy's Thanksgiving tomorrow (November 26th). I don't know what all I'll get for Christmas. The point is nobody really knows what's going to happen before it does. You know one of the theories about the sun is it'll poof out solar crap and screw up electrical towers. We're getting these predictions from a calender from a South American race that doesn't even exist anymore. And unfortunately, our culture has the bad habit of misreading or misinterpreting something and develop a stupid paranoia to panic over what we think is accurate. Then Hollywood continues to fuel our paranoias by making a movie about an event that hasn't been happened yet, or hasn't proven any historical facts that would make us certain something catastrophic will happen.

in other words for all we kno the world could end right now and plus the world will wobble not end it MIGHT end i doubt it though itll just wobble most likley its wobbled before ittl wobble again and again and again  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:49 am
II Naru-Kun II
Rai the Hanyou Samurai
What's going to happen in 2012? I'm not all that sure who's going to the Super Bowl next year, or which country is going to win most of the gold medals in the 2010 Winter Olympics, and I'm not all that sure what will happen during the Macy's Thanksgiving tomorrow (November 26th). I don't know what all I'll get for Christmas. The point is nobody really knows what's going to happen before it does. You know one of the theories about the sun is it'll poof out solar crap and screw up electrical towers. We're getting these predictions from a calender from a South American race that doesn't even exist anymore. And unfortunately, our culture has the bad habit of misreading or misinterpreting something and develop a stupid paranoia to panic over what we think is accurate. Then Hollywood continues to fuel our paranoias by making a movie about an event that hasn't been happened yet, or hasn't proven any historical facts that would make us certain something catastrophic will happen.

in other words for all we kno the world could end right now and plus the world will wobble not end it MIGHT end i doubt it though itll just wobble most likley its wobbled before ittl wobble again and again and again

You make it seem like the earth is a penguin.

I lol'd.

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Jekkl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:52 am
Super Duper...

User Image
*Shudders* Im so afraid of this topic! >.< I dont want to die
User Image

Kawaii Desu!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:33 am
-Chuumie-
Super Duper...

User Image
*Shudders* Im so afraid of this topic! >.< I dont want to die
User Image

Kawaii Desu!!!

Dun worry surprised , You don't have to pay attention to it really, Only the future will actually tel what's going to happen, I believe the world won't end...ONCE we stop polluting =w=... That's a big problem....The ice caps are already melting..Poor Poley Bears D:  

Buru Sutoroberi

KeJoRo
Crew

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:56 am
Dammit! What is this? I leave the thread for ONE day nd were back on-topic again? What do you think this is? A thread that that is supposed to contain discussion about the topic it was made about? Shame on you, shame on you all.

I must fix this horrible, horrible mess.

Who likes penguins?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:01 am
KeJoRo
Dammit! What is this? I leave the thread for ONE day nd were back on-topic again? What do you think this is? A thread that that is supposed to contain discussion about the topic it was made about? Shame on you, shame on you all.

Who likes penguins?

holy ******** I do.

I live in Alaska, just ask Sky.

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

-I- Rei Miyuzaki -I-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:01 am
i like penguins : D btw i heard that the person who made the calender stopped at 2012 .... O.O all some one needs to do is make 2013,2014 and so on  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 am
one of my fave creatures is a penguin.... others being foxes, cats, piglets... etc.  

Exalt Emmeryn

Hilarious Sex Symbol

KeJoRo
Crew

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:50 pm
Penguins are awesome. In England, we have penguin impersonators. They're called guillimots. They look like little penguins biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:55 pm
Master Sergeant HALEIGH
KeJoRo

Who likes penguins?

holy ******** I do.

I live in Alaska, just ask Sky.

But penguins live in Antartica...
And Austrailia, South America Polenaisia, and some parts of Africa! biggrin
They all live in the southern hemisphere, not near the north pole. That is dominated by polar bears, pinnepeds, and whales.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:57 pm
-I- Rei Miyuzaki -I-
i like penguins : D btw i heard that the person who made the calender stopped at 2012 .... O.O all some one needs to do is make 2013,2014 and so on
Maybe thats because that is whan the Myans thought thier empire would end (well, they were wrong) Its the end of the world for them, isin't it?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:11 pm
I do not believe that the theories of December 21st, 2012 are clearly just another doomsday cult prediction. Nobody knows when the world ends, we are only human. Mayans were more advanced in technology back in the day, but we are more advanced then they were then, so the fact that their "astrologists" could have predicted it, we would've found out as well, if our "astrologists" are more advanced than others. i'm religious, and I think that God ends the world like a thief in the night, and He will only know when it ends. for those of you who don't, I will be praying.
Mayans had calenders on rocks, and lets face it; how far could they make the calender anyways? They could've ran out of space, or the time when they ended the calender, they disappeared.
Another theory was that every plant would be lined up, and Mercury would block the light for earth killing us.
O <-- size of sun
O<-- size of Mercury
Mercury can't "black the sun" because the sun is 5x bigger than Mercury. And they rotate constantly, so sometime in history--it's all been aligned before.  

Lovely Melted Crayons

KeJoRo
Crew

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:21 pm
No! We are getting on-topic again!

Hmm.

What about badgers?