Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Movie Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:51 pm
He was still cooler than the Game version.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:34 am
Funny...sounded like an Israeli accent. neutral Aaaaanyway, it just seems like most of the game cast is far too young to have the background and experience that they do.  

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:49 pm
Nathan S. Cross
Funny...sounded like an Israeli accent. neutral Aaaaanyway, it just seems like most of the game cast is far too young to have the background and experience that they do.
Aggreed. I hate it when gaming companies sacrifice realism in the way of age an experience just to appeal to little kids. I mean, that's one thing I like about Solid Snake/MGS Snake Character, he gets older in every game, but only gets cooler.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:37 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Nathan S. Cross
Aggreed. I hate it when gaming companies sacrifice realism in the way of age an experience just to appeal to little kids. I mean, that's one thing I like about Solid Snake/MGS Snake Character, he gets older in every game, but only gets cooler.

That's because it's Solid Snake.  

Lord Travis

Seta Frost

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:50 pm
Blah. I rant, I rant.

On the Nicholai subject. He should have been older and not capped by the dogs.

Nemesis didn't kill anybody save for a squad of S.T.A.R.S. and with a mini-gun. I would have love to see him tentacle rape some people. Oded would make a good Chris. Not Carlos. Maybe Fez from that seventies show would be a good Carlos.... ninja

I don't like the low-gore sceme. If you honestly look at the movies, how many people do you see get their guts ripped out? The movies aren't like the first one, which was done on low budget. AT LEAST show someone getting their head torn off.

I want to see more monsters. The dogs and zombies get annoying. The Lickers are just dandy, but getting gay. And the mutating Licker in the first film? Wtf? I want to see some Hunters and giant insects. Killer birds. B.O.W.s THAT is what made RE a famed survival horror game. All the damned monsters on top of the zombies.

The Alice plot is, in fact, to me, stupid. Mind you, is does take away from the being too much like the game thing, but it is so...blah. Honestly, WHO adaps to the T-Virus on a cellular level? Hasn't been done before. Not even Veronica was normal.

AND WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH MAKING THE GUY BLEED FROM ALL ORFICES IN THE VIDEO CONTROL ROOM.

The damned T-virus does NOT give you mind powers.

More rant to come.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:49 pm
Seta Frost

The Alice plot is, in fact, to me, stupid. Mind you, is does take away from the being too much like the game thing, but it is so...blah. Honestly, WHO adaps to the T-Virus on a cellular level? Hasn't been done before. Not even Veronica was normal.

AND WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH MAKING THE GUY BLEED FROM ALL ORFICES IN THE VIDEO CONTROL ROOM.

The damned T-virus does NOT give you mind powers.

More rant to come.

I hated her... She's the only thing that ruined the movies for me. On top of that, I hear they're giving her swords, FRICKING SWORDS, for the next movie. She's going to be like the damned anime gary-sue/mary-sue ninja characters that block bullets and other projectiles with swords. stare Why don't they slap "Bionic Samurai-Ninja Alice" on the script instead of Resident Evil? They need to, especially if the sword-rumor is true and if Alice is going to continue onward as the star.  

MilitantClockwork

Das Jabberwockie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:57 pm
MilitantClockwork

Why don't they slap "Bionic Samurai-Ninja Alice" on the script instead of Resident Evil? They need to, especially if the sword-rumor is true and if Alice is going to continue onward as the star.
Whoa, whoa. Swords? You're kidding me. gonk
Is it me or is the supposed 'Survival Horror' turning into a sci-fi monster film version of the Matrix?

Ofcourse not. A a sci-fi monster film version of the Matrix would be better.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:27 pm
They weren't swords, they were like... Fighting sticks or something. But they weren't blades.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Seta Frost

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:15 pm
Exactly. Fighting sticks. Even in Outbreak they only had bare blunt tools. Brooms, bats, metal pipe, etc... Since when did Umbrella Soldiers carry Kali sticks and what not?

Not to mention, with Alice, she is supposed to be some super kickass fighter.

SPOILER ALERT!

SHE WAS HEAD OF SECURITY FOR THE FREAKING HIVE.

How many security operatives do you know that can do backflips and break necks in between their thighs? Run up walls? Have PERFECT aim? Just because she has adapted to the T-virus doesn't mean she should know a billion ways to kill someone.

Don't know if anyone has seen this before, but critics and people like that have dubbed the movie a nickname. Alice in Horrorland.

SHE IS THE DAMNED HORROR.

But aside from that, the name fits better than resident evil.

More to come.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:29 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
They weren't swords, they were like... Fighting sticks or something. But they weren't blades.
Really?

You know she's going to block things with them, either way.  

MilitantClockwork

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:07 pm
Well, Spike TV pleased me with some concrete updates on Extiction and it's turning out to be very pleasing from what I see. The good point they bring up is that it's not the same movie over and over. Where the first one was all underground, the second one was in the city, this one is post apocalyptic "Mad Max" comparison. I am very happy with it. It's got a good set of actors, and hell, you know what? I'm happy to see Alice back.
You may not like the movies, but the fact is, the Resident Evil movie franchise has brought in 90 Million Dollars, and although it's nowhere near as close as the games, it's solid enough to keep the movies going and that's what I want to see!
I want to see Zombies, T-Virus, and hell, I want to see Alice kick some a** in this hot action movie series!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:16 pm
Im excited to see Wesker in this one!

I'm a little edgy on the story for now, but I'm sure it'll be better than Apocalyspe.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:56 am
I think a lot of people will be disappointed in the first one because it's not exactly liek the games. And Claire isn't 18 years old. And there is no Steve or Alfred Ashford.
Of course, I'm making fun of them for having such a narrow mind.
Personally, I think the idea of Claire being an a** kicking adult woman is more appealing and even sexier than her being just some 18 year old biker chick. I'm really liking this movie Claire, more so than the game claire. At least appearance wise. Just the same as I liked Carlos better in the movie. And hell, Nicholai in the movie has really cleared up an annoying misconseption.
NOT ALL RUSSIANS ARE BLONDE OR HAVE WHITE HAIR! Damn, it's ignorance at its worst.
The thing about Apocalypse was that it couldn't have Nicholai as an antagonist because then the movie would be filled with too many antagonists. Whereas in the Apocalypse that we all know and love. Or at least, that I love, you have Kain. The guy you just love to hate. And that's the thing about him. I don't think it's that the character is unappealing, it's that he's a great antagonist.

In the third movie, we'll have Dr. Isaacs and Wesker. Now, there's a major difference between those two. The kind of Character that Wesker made in the games only means that we'll be watching the movie when you see Wesker you'll be happy to see him. He's the bad guy that everyone likes. But Dr. Isaacs, he's complete opposite. You'll see him, he'll be a great actor doing a sinister character. That's where you'll get the true feeling of dread about him. And you'll dread his presence, you'll just look at him and get that, "That b*****d..." emotion.

EDIT: But I respect the fact that some may not like the way the movies are written. Silent Hill was liked by many. 3 out of 5 producers of Silent Hill also produced Resident Evil movies. People seem to have a problem with Anderson's work, whereas I think he's a genius. I loved all of his movies that I watched, which was the majority.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Quentin Tarantino's movies. Some like his style, I think it's annoying. But I'm not gonna insult him or say that I hate him. And that's what gets to me.

People say they don't like Resident Evil movies. That's Fine. Then they say, "Anderson should die" and "I hate Anderson." And that's so unintelligent, that it just pisses me off. The ignorance. It's so immature... So I'm tired of arguing with people like that. If you HATE Anderson or want him DEAD, then that makes you that much more of a noob. The more extreme the critics get, the less they seem like intelligent people. Hell, there's a reason they say, "You don't have any talents or education? Become a film critic!"

So if you choose to criticize Resident Evil movies with intelligence and civilization, you have my respect. If you choose to throw a little hissy fit about how much you hate Anderson, then you're probably not worthy of Resident Evil franchise altogether.

I'm watching Apocalypse right now, for the second time in a row, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Therefore, it makes my life that much better and my Resident Evil experience that much greater.
Those who didn't like the movies. Well, they're just missing out. And oftentimes for VERY wrong reasons like, "It wasn't exactly like the games." No offense, but if that's the way you feel, then you know nothing of MEDIA whatsoever. Making a movie EXACTLY like the game is impossible for many reasons which I don't even have the time to list.

In conclusion, the Resident Evil movies are already made. And therefore, are not going to go back in time and change based on the way YOU want them to be. So you can either do one of two things:

1. Shut up and Accept it.
or
2. Keep complaining about how much you hated it. Which--although is the purpose of this thread--is really pointless.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:22 am
Wow, uh... I'd have to agree with you. The movies, to me, are freaking awesome. Like you said, I can accept people who say "I don't like the movies.", but then they rant on how they're gonna one day rip out his stomach with a cheese grater, and that's what pisses me off too. "ZOMFG NOT LIKE GAME!! BRAIN CAN'T COMPREHEND!!!" That's what they're trying to say. So when he made Apocalypse, he made it more like the game. Then everyone ripped on Anderson and Witt on how uncool Nemesis was at the end when he turned good because that was the one thing they could actually find they hated. God, people like that make me glad to have razorwire... >_>;  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

MilitantClockwork

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:47 am
I think I'll go on disliking the movies for the fact Alice ruined the second one. Pointless, but it's my opinion...and pointless is human existance.

- that cheese grater-ripping out a stomach isn't a bad idea on how to kill someone. Let's see if I can't track them after four years. ninja  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games