Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
What are we missing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:14 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
i wish i could do stuff with digital art

Well if you can draw even remotely well you can also do some digital art.
I use Gimp which has free downloads all over the internet, its knock off of photoshop and I love it. It really works for me ^^

i cant draw with my mouse, and i just got a tablet and thats a learning process in its self...so im sorta SOL at the moment.

id like to make some line art and maybe color them someday
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=1733137299627&id=1574389575&aid=2091957

(if you cant veiw them, tell me)

I cant draw with my mouse worth beans either here's my trick
I draw the picture and then take a picture of it with my camera. I then put it into my computer and in my program I unclick antializing (it basically gives a blurred edge. Then I use the lasso tool to select all the white areas. I also use it to refine and change my lines. As I go I make the lines black.

That's how I work around that So yes it takes longer but I like the finished product much better

-tilts head- i get the basis of it, im just not tech savvy with art programs yet
-derp-

LOL yeah it takes time I have been working with my program for about 2 years now ^^ I learn new things regularly on it. if you have any questions and I know what you are talking about I will try to help XD

it stinks that programs are so different >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:22 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
i wish i could do stuff with digital art

Well if you can draw even remotely well you can also do some digital art.
I use Gimp which has free downloads all over the internet, its knock off of photoshop and I love it. It really works for me ^^

i cant draw with my mouse, and i just got a tablet and thats a learning process in its self...so im sorta SOL at the moment.

I draw the picture and then take a picture of it with my camera. I then put it into my computer and in my program I unclick antializing (it basically gives a blurred edge. Then I use the lasso tool to select all the white areas. I also use it to refine and change my lines. As I go I make the lines black.

That's how I work around that So yes it takes longer but I like the finished product much better

-tilts head- i get the basis of it, im just not tech savvy with art programs yet
-derp-

LOL yeah it takes time I have been working with my program for about 2 years now ^^ I learn new things regularly on it. if you have any questions and I know what you are talking about I will try to help XD

see, i think the first thing i need to know is what program to use. i want something simple, but i can still do alot with. ive seen people use gimp and sai a little more then photoshop i think  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:34 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

-derp-

see, i think the first thing i need to know is what program to use. i want something simple, but i can still do alot with. ive seen people use gimp and sai a little more then photoshop i think

I suggest gimp >.> because 1 i know it like the back of my hand

So i can help you if you ever need anything.

2 because it is fairly user friendly and has lots of neat filters and things to use  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:41 pm
Finished Templates the only coloring done was to add spots or stripes depending on the animal ^^

User Image

Top row- Striped hyena, Spotted Hyena, Horse, Unicorn
Second row- tabby cat, plain cat, Tiger, wolf
Last Row-Fox, plain cow, spotted cow, Dragon

These are what I have so far... the males I havent started on yet but the tails wings and things will be transferred over as well ^^

Tell me what you guys think ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

-derp-

2 because it is fairly user friendly and has lots of neat filters and things to use

ok, lets say i pick gimp. what tips can you give me off the bat  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

-derp-

It depends what you want to do with it.

I know a few things though

1 always unclick anitializing on any tools (saves you a whole lot of head ache its normally found on the lasso tool the wand tool and the ellipse tool.)

2 always save it as an XCF file unless you are finished. (i learned it the hard way but xcf is the file base type for this program and it saves the document right where your working it will even have the area selected from the last time you saved the document even if you turn off your computer. Jpg files are a pain and before i realized there was such a thing it was a head ache to go back and get rid of the blur that saving a file as a jpg does.)

3 if you do designs save them before adding background i have a whole file full of tattoo like designs with no backgrounds and its so easy to just copy them and add them to a new design.

4. Lasso tool is your friend pen tool... bleh idk i never liked it for selection it really just stunk.

5. Opacity does wonders for a picture. Opacity is the strength of the color basically so the lower you make it the more the color behind shows through. Its how I shade granted it takes time because i select a base area and go from darkest to lightest slowly removing darker areas and continuing to lighten the color. However it does take a while but i feel the product is nice ^^

Not sure what else you might want to know so pose a few questions if you like ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Snapplejack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:26 pm
Nikki The Wolf Girl
Snapplejack
Nikki The Wolf Girl
Snapplejack
Nikki The Wolf Girl
Does this mean i can be Pablo Escobar if he's John Dillinger?

iPor supuesto, senorita!

En ese caso, ¿dónde está la droga?

En mexico. iEs la razon por las guerras! No estoy seguro si la quieres =/
Donde estas TU, senorita? Eres de colombia, no?
.... Wait a minute.. I'm John Dillinger. He doesn't speak spanish... I HAVE BROKEN CHARACTER ALREADY!!
crying

Senior Dillinger, a menos que usted me da los medicamentos que usted tendrá una guerra que viene a través de su puerta principal y no, yo no estoy en colombia estoy a tu lado >_<

O .o... Yo culpo la cocaina...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 pm
>.> i wish i knew more spanish  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:22 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

-derp-

1 always unclick anitializing on any tools (saves you a whole lot of head ache its normally found on the lasso tool the wand tool and the ellipse tool.)

2 always save it as an XCF file unless you are finished. (i learned it the hard way but xcf is the file base type for this program and it saves the document right where your working it will even have the area selected from the last time you saved the document even if you turn off your computer. Jpg files are a pain and before i realized there was such a thing it was a head ache to go back and get rid of the blur that saving a file as a jpg does.)

3 if you do designs save them before adding background i have a whole file full of tattoo like designs with no backgrounds and its so easy to just copy them and add them to a new design.

4. Lasso tool is your friend pen tool... bleh idk i never liked it for selection it really just stunk.

5. Opacity does wonders for a picture. Opacity is the strength of the color basically so the lower you make it the more the color behind shows through. Its how I shade granted it takes time because i select a base area and go from darkest to lightest slowly removing darker areas and continuing to lighten the color. However it does take a while but i feel the product is nice ^^

Not sure what else you might want to know so pose a few questions if you like ^^

ill have to play around with it then.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:29 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

yep and if you have any questions feel free to ask ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

yep and if you have any questions feel free to ask ^^

will do  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:10 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

Me too Dx  

Snapplejack

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 pm
Snapplejack
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

Me too Dx
I know Spanish! (sort of... I'm learning. xP )  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:10 am
Snapplejack
Nikki The Wolf Girl
Snapplejack
Nikki The Wolf Girl
Snapplejack
Nikki The Wolf Girl
Does this mean i can be Pablo Escobar if he's John Dillinger?

iPor supuesto, senorita!

.... Wait a minute.. I'm John Dillinger. He doesn't speak spanish... I HAVE BROKEN CHARACTER ALREADY!!
crying

Senior Dillinger, a menos que usted me da los medicamentos que usted tendrá una guerra que viene a través de su puerta principal y no, yo no estoy en colombia estoy a tu lado >_<

El senor Dillinger mis hombres han rodeado el edificio, a menos que desee balas en su cuerpo mejor i ver una bolsa de medicamentos a mi lado en los próximos cinco minutos.

Nikki The Wolf Girl

Snapplejack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:31 pm
Nikki The Wolf Girl
Snapplejack
Nikki The Wolf Girl
Snapplejack
Nikki The Wolf Girl

crying

El senor Dillinger mis hombres han rodeado el edificio, a menos que desee balas en su cuerpo mejor i ver una bolsa de medicamentos a mi lado en los próximos cinco minutos.

*Shitshitshitshit!* "iPinche culo! iNunca conseguiras mis medicamentos! Ya tengo dos mil hombres y 300 ninjas conmigo." *Looks around and is clearly all by myself... What do I do? WHAT DO I DO?!? Grabs trusty shotgun and makes his way to the back of the building. Glancing out the window he spots 3 goons. Crap. Lifts up his trap door and drops down into the sewer and starts running away with his 3 lbs of cocaine!* (Yeah. I am a lowly spanish student. I am, by no means, a spanish speaker xD)  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff