Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
HTC Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:17 am
Have they gotten rid of or edited that whole"You can't advertise on Gaia"rule yet?I haven't been on regularly so I don't know.I understand the whole not spamming a shop for another site and all,but are you allowed to reference stuff anywhere?I think if I were able to recommend my shop in the fur guilds I belong to it would help me sell stuff easier,target audience and all.I would think if it was in guilds that it would be ok so long as you have the guild leaders permission.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:33 pm
Feel free to advertise in this guild!  

00Shoe
Captain

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:03 am
Thank you Shoe,I don't have much in my shop at the moment,but anyone who wants to can check it out(for ease of use I'll probably post this in a separate thread as well)but my Etsy shop is called RedWolfCrafters.I sell some fur parts,and woven bead jewelry.I don't currently ship outside of the US,because I'm not used to shipping yet,but I hope to be able to in the future.Also,I'd be willing to do comissions,but to save my own a**,I'm not going to make any arrangments or deals on Gaia,if you want anything like that you'll have to contact me at Etsy.Hope to do business with some guildies.I'll post any terms in an actual thread.Also,Shoe,could you make it a sticky so it doesn't get lost in a sea of threads?It would save me the time of having to bump or repost it later.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:14 pm
Sounds good!  

00Shoe
Captain

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 pm
All the publicity I've been getting lately for my work has inspired me to try some new techniques in my crafting.When I have the free time and money for materials I plan to make a new costume,with articulating jaw,glowing LED eyes,and digitrade legs x3 Aside from needing to do a small amount of electrical,and woodwork,it's actually not that hard,nor is it all that more costly than my current head pieces.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:58 am
That would be sweet!  

00Shoe
Captain

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:51 pm
I took your advice and got a digital camera for the listing pics,so now it's less blurry,there's not much I can do for the stuff already listed though.Hopefully the jumbo tail I just listed gets more looks because of it.

Also shoe,could you make my thread a sticky in this forum?Unless I bump it with a new post,all the edits I make to it don't cause it to bump back up,so all the updates I make don't get noticed.If not that's ok,I suppose :3

Btw,I'm not that familiar with Fur Affinity,does anyone think that'd be a good place to advertise,or no?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 pm
I stickied it. We don't have many other stickies or announcements right now so that shouldn't be a huge issue. If we get a bunch of interest suddenly in people wanting to advertise their stuff I might have to make a new subforum and move your post there - but for now; you get prime real estate!  

00Shoe
Captain

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:58 pm
Thanks heart It'd be really cool if we had enough people for an advertising sub forum,we'd likely be the only guild to have anything like it.Maybe if we got some more active members...but then gaia has seemed to die alot since I was more active.If we work at it,this guild could really take off again :3

Really I'm not sure why advertising is typically forbidden on gaia.I understand they don't want it spammed in every forum,and thread all over,and I understand that people could exploit it for hacking purposes,but as any social networking site,gaia could also be a really helpful tool for sellers to more easily reach more target buyers.

Hopefully(as this is a public guild) no one has too big an issue with my posting.To cover the guild and myself though,I atleast made sure to include that any talk to buying/selling,and money must take place off site.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:09 am
If you say you want more active members then maybe you should start a clean up, such as making a topic and have everyone who is still active post in it, then once you have everyone who has posted in it, you delete the people who haven't posted in that forum.

If you make an announcement about a clean up of the guild, for example you're going to make the topic today and then the deadline for everyone who is still active in the guild to post would be on next Sunday, within a week should give everybody enough notice to actually post.

Like Bagera said, Gaia has seemed to die a lot meaning you could be running a risk in deleting people from the guild who aren't active. At least now you have a lot of people in the guild, but if you start deleting then you'll have less people in the guild and it still won't be any more active than it already was.

Apart from that, you'll need some active crew members. Maybe two vice captains and three crew members. This will help the guild with being active, I'm guessing you could have the guild crew in different time-zones, basically, if someone new joins the guild and they post in the welcoming thread, then none of the crew are online to greet them or anything, they might think they're being ignored or they won't know where to post and such.

I don't really know where to post myself, that's why I'm kind of interrupting your conversation.

Nikki The Wolf Girl

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 am
I don't think you're interrupting anything.I agree with what you're saying.I left gaia for two years,for many reasons,but one of them was because the guilds I belong to,as well as the forums in general,had really died alot.I came back to gaia to check on some people,and because I had hoped the guilds have improved.I was hoping this would be a decent place to promote my crafts,but no one is even really here to look =/ That's why I started a devart and fur affinity.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 am
Your crafts? Are you an artist? I mean, if you have a furaffinity and a deviant art, then that must mean you're an artist.
I don't use any of the two.
And, if this guild is looking for active members I guess I can be active as long as I don't get ignored.

Nikki The Wolf Girl

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 am
I try my best not to ignore people when I am here.I too know what it feels like to be ignored.

And yes,I am an artist.I have a thread lower on the page if you want to see my work,well,not visually anyway.

Most of my art is either here
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedWolfCrafters

or here
http://half-wolf-marroh.deviantart.com/

Have a look around and tell me what you think :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 am
I see you make stuff, I was thinking drawn art. But it is art none the less and I think it is cool, for lack of a better description. It is creative, something I couldn't do.

Nikki The Wolf Girl

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:04 am
I always encourage people to try the kinds of crafts I do.They really aren't as hard as people think,just time consuming.Maybe it really is harder for people,because I have always had a natural talent,but I have successfully taught many people how to make fursuits/tails/etc.If you ever wanted to do it,just give it a try,start somewhere small :3 I'd even be willing to give some advice ^^  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff