Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Hello and Welcome! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chainmailleman

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:25 pm
Emm-Kaye
chainmailleman
Well you tell me the size and I'll see what I can do. I won't charge anything for bending a nail. Now if you want me to make the nail from scratch it will cost some money, but horseshoe nails are pre-fabricated and very cheap. I'm not a farrier but I have a few lying around somewhere. Worst case scenario I'll go to CAL Ranch and spend a couple bucks for 50.

Let me check with him, to find out size and where he wants it sent - I'll pm you with the address,

Cool, I can just put it in an envelope or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:05 pm
Hi I am Reearne and am looking for some friends with similar interests to me. I enjoy deco den and hope to do more soon as well as starting my first scrapbook!!  

Yarnee

4,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Team Edward 100

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:10 pm
Yarnee
Hi I am Reearne and am looking for some friends with similar interests to me. I enjoy deco den and hope to do more soon as well as starting my first scrapbook!!

Welcome, Reearne. I hope you enjoy our guild!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:46 am
Emm-Kaye
Yarnee

Welcome, Reearne. I hope you enjoy our guild!

Thanks!  

Yarnee

4,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Team Edward 100

[Elisabeth]

Bucktoothed Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 pm
Hello!
My name is Elisabeth.
My main interest is sewing (Mostly clothing.) but I also enjoy doing / am in the process of learning tatting, knitting, crochet, spinning, jewelry making, sculpting, doll making, embroidery of different types, drawing, photography, and I am probably forgetting one or two other things if not more.

It is a pleasure to be here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:31 pm
[Elisabeth]
Hello!
My name is Elisabeth.
My main interest is sewing (Mostly clothing.) but I also enjoy doing / am in the process of learning tatting, knitting, crochet, spinning, jewelry making, sculpting, doll making, embroidery of different types, drawing, photography, and I am probably forgetting one or two other things if not more.

Welcome to our guild! I hope you enjoy it here!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

[Elisabeth]

Bucktoothed Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 pm
Emm-Kaye
[Elisabeth]
Hello!
My name is Elisabeth.

Welcome to our guild! I hope you enjoy it here!

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm
Hello I'm Trissa.
I like to make Acc. and clothing, mostly skirts, dresses & lolita style clothes or cosplay costumes, I alter and DIY a lot of my regular clothes though.
I'm wanting to learn to make props now.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:39 pm
oTrissa
Hello I'm Trissa.
I like to make Acc. and clothing, mostly skirts, dresses & lolita style clothes or cosplay costumes, I alter and DIY a lot of my regular clothes though.

Welcome to our Guild! Sorry it took so long to welcome you, but I've been offline for a few days sweatdrop
What kind of props are you interested in?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:20 pm
Emm-Kaye
oTrissa
Hello I'm Trissa.

Welcome to our Guild! Sorry it took so long to welcome you, but I've been offline for a few days sweatdrop
What kind of props are you interested in?
I want to make staffs, masks.
I want to work with molds and sell things on etsy.
Pretty much things like this -
User Image
I'd also love to work with some chain stuff & metals.
I would also like to get better with pottery & clay.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:07 am
oTrissa

There are some very nice art clays out there (some don't require firing at all, some are even oven baked), which might work quite well for masks. They'd make the mask light enough to actually be worn. and very slightly flexible.
Ceramic masks, while they can be amazingly beautiful, are normally very heavy, and are more suited to hanging on a wall than wearing for more than a couple of minutes.

With staffs, depending on the material used, you might consider putting an end cap on the bottom, so it doesn't get too worn with use (the kind you can get for canes might work).  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:13 am
Emm-Kaye
oTrissa

There are some very nice art clays out there (some don't require firing at all, some are even oven baked), which might work quite well for masks. They'd make the mask light enough to actually be worn. and very slightly flexible.
Ceramic masks, while they can be amazingly beautiful, are normally very heavy, and are more suited to hanging on a wall than wearing for more than a couple of minutes.

With staffs, depending on the material used, you might consider putting an end cap on the bottom, so it doesn't get too worn with use (the kind you can get for canes might work).
What kind are they?
The only times I worked with clay was back in HS. We used a huge backing room. Does the clay that doesn't require firing hold well? I'm interesting in making dishware so I am wondering what's safe to put food on.

Most of the masks I would want to make for decor honestly, but it would be nice to have some wearable ones.

That's a good idea. I'll try and remember that when I make a staff.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 pm
oTrissa
Emm-Kaye

What kind are they?
The only times I worked with clay was back in HS. We used a huge backing room. Does the clay that doesn't require firing hold well? I'm interesting in making dishware so I am wondering what's safe to put food on.

Most of the masks I would want to make for decor honestly, but it would be nice to have some wearable ones.

For food, you do want the ceramic that is fired in a kiln.
The art clays can be found in most craft stores, or online, there are several different brands...can't think of the names. Mostly they are plastic, or similar material, and hold up well for things like masks, jewelry or even small jewelry-type boxes - decorative purposes, not for food.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:05 pm
Emm-Kaye
oTrissa
Emm-Kaye

What kind are they?

For food, you do want the ceramic that is fired in a kiln.
The art clays can be found in most craft stores, or online, there are several different brands...can't think of the names. Mostly they are plastic, or similar material, and hold up well for things like masks, jewelry or even small jewelry-type boxes - decorative purposes, not for food.
Well where can I use a kiln in public? Like a pottery store or something? I don't have a huge oven that gets to like 4,000 degree's in my house.
Well I figured that clay that wasn't cooked wouldn't be useful for dishware, though I would love to do deco things. The deco phone cases for iphones you see? I would love to make things like those but on other things. What is used for that and to get the tiny details?  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:30 pm
oTrissa
Well where can I use a kiln in public? Like a pottery store or something? I don't have a huge oven that gets to like 4,000 degree's in my house.
Well I figured that clay that wasn't cooked wouldn't be useful for dishware, though I would love to do deco things. The deco phone cases for iphones you see? I would love to make things like those but on other things. What is used for that and to get the tiny details?

I know there are some shops here that let you fire clay pieces - usually you have to buy the greenware there, and glaze the pieces there as well. I actually have my own kiln, so have only ever gone into one once. The pieces they had were mostly vases, tableware (plates, cups, etc.), limited choices in small decorative figurines, that kind of thing.

I have a friend who has made some lovely items, like earrings, candle holders, and small Christmas ornaments, out of the plastic clays - even some metallic ones...I can check with her to see what type(s) she recommends if you'd be interested.  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff