Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:17 pm
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Callisto was surprised by his sudden aggression. Was he the type that became worked up easily if teased a little bit? She took the force of his hits as she moved, blocking some and feeling the pain of the hits. But in truth she wasn't one to shy away because of pain. She grabbed hold of his forearm, catching one of his blows before it could reach home. Then stepped into him as with her other arm she grabbed hold of the material of his shirt. Effortlessly she threw him over her head into the sand behind them, just shy of a few rocks. He was lighter than the boat she'd thrown yesterday. She then turned and ran over, crouching over his chest with one hand raised over his throat. "Serious enough for you now?" She asked, eyes wide and alert as she waited for him to respond.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:18 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon lay shocked, then slowly grew an almost dark smile.

"Oh, plenty. Just enough to get me worked up."

Leon quickly analyzed the situation, realizing he was at loss point. Leon pulled his legs up to his chest between the space between the two of them, and kicked forward, getting him out of the near death situation, and launching Callisto a decent distance.

"I haven't fought like this in a while...I can cut loose."

a blue aura surrounded Leon, signifying something was about to change.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:04 pm
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She was completely taken off guard by the dark look on his face. Was she over thinking things again? She didn't have time to consider it as she was kicked in the chest. She coughed, cringing at the pain from being kicked so forcefully in such a sensitive area of her body. All three hundred and fifty six pounds on her was pushed back, causing her to stumble backwards awkwardly and finally fall over onto her butt. She held her chest, unhappy that he'd hit her there. She never thought him the type but maybe he was kind of a pervert? She wished she'd thought to say hitting there was off limits but honestly had no idea if he cared about that. She was more aware of thr fact that they barely knew each other. Even more so as she saw the odd blue glow coming from him and the overall murderous look in his eyes.

User ImageMore than being made curious by it, she was starting to think their sparring had become a fight to the death. She was stuck between fighting back and killing him or just running away, It would mean abandoning everything she'd gained since coming to the island except for the money she'd made so far. But on the other hand sge would be killing her new friend--er, boyfriend or being killed by him. She couldn't think of any other way to get out of this situation. He was faster than her, at least on land. So running wasn't an option. She didn't have any weapons either. She shifted on her feet, one hand on the uneven sand beneath her, and braced herself. She breathed in as she ran towards him and pushed put her leg tp kick his seeking to unbalance him. Then followed up that attack woth a punch aimed at his chest, with the aim of breaking bones and then ripping it open.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:28 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon had lost himself, consumed by the power he feared to tell her about so much, he watched her advance yet again, and took the kick to the legs willingly. Upon seeing the punch rocketing toward him, he simply caught it, and began to crush her hand. Only after moments of realizing she was in pain, did the aura fade, and Leon gasped at what he was doing. He quickly went to Callisto, in a panic.

"Oh no..., Callisto, are you alright!? I-I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have used that!"

Leon was full on panicked at his now girlfriend's health. He had done exactly as he had feared he would, and hurt her. He checked her noticeable skin for any wounds, making sure he didn't hurt her too much, if at all.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:01 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She panicked as her hand was caught and it seemed he wouldn't let go. She called out at the sudden pressure, for the first time in years she thought her bones might be broken. To stop it she started to dig her nails into his arm, stopping as he suddenly let go of her. She immediately put distance between the two of them. She couldn't run. Had to kill him or slowly, painfully be killed by him. If she could get to the cliff, she might be able to climb faster. Would he follow her if she jumped? She was trying to think of an escapepath when he started moving towards her again. At first she stepped to the side, preparing to kick his legs or stomp hisfeet to buy some time. But his words made her pause, and she noticed that his peculiar glow was gone. So was the bloodthirsty look in his eyes. She hesitated before letting him look at her hand. Then shoved him away one-handedly.

User Image
"Geez, Leon! What is wrong with you?!" She yelled, her fear quickly replaced by anger. Her hand was a bit swollen, the skin slightly torn simply from how he'd dug his fingers in to grip it. It hurt like hell even while still. It moved like it wasn't broken but felt like it. Which told her that he had been very close to breaking it, so close that he'd bruised her bones. That would take weeks to heal, maybe months. "Why did you do that?! I was kidding when I was saying one of us might die! If you can't control yourself why didn't you say anything?! I thought it would be fun to spar with you I didn't want it to end with us trying to kill each other! How am I supposed to work like this?! And what was that light anyway?!" Now that it was obvious he didn't want to kill her she was starting to calm down.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon stood in silence. He hadn't used that technique in a very long time, and as a result, it got the better of him. Callisto was hurt, and it was his fault. But how could he tell her? She was already pissed off at him. He simply looked at the ground, wanting to die in that moment.

"...You're right. I'll...I'll leave. You shouldn't have to deal with that."

Without another word, Leon began to walk toward the other end of the coast, more toward where his boat was.

He was livid with himself. The whole reason for coming here was to fight stronger opponents, but when that time came, he used a technique that he assumed he could control. Obviously he couldn't. Callisto had become very special to him in a short time, and to see her hurt made him wish he had never come to the island.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:56 pm
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She stared at him in disbelief. Had failing to beat him up made him lose any respect for her just like that? She grit her teeth, for once she was furious. She ran over to him, extending on arm at the same time. She turned, hooked his chest with her arm and once more threw him backwards onto the sand. Then she jumped over top of him and sat down with her legs on either side of him. She leaned down, one hand by his face and the other held there but above the ground. Being at such a close range she wasn't yelling at him anymore.

User Image
"Leon, you're a jerk! I want you to remember that I'm not the one who cheated by using magic during what was supposed to be a physical fight! Magic you can't even control! I'm not the one who made promises they couldn't keep! I'm not the one refusing to explain anything to the other person! It's like you think I'm supposed to just read your mind or something but I can't. I'm not the one running away here! You are. Even if I could force you to tell me I wouldn't! Honestly, you're so frustrating! Maybe this hasty relationship doesn't mean what I thought it did--I don't know, I've never done it this way before."

User Image She took a breath, then began to fuss with the clasp of the necklace he'd bought her.
"If you want to just run away--that's your choice. But don't be stupid. Everything you brought with you is back in that room. I can't force you to trust me, open up or talk to me. But you listen well, the next woman you ask to be in a romantic relationship with you--you'd better be prepared to be honest with her and actually say what you're thinking. It won't ever work if you aren't honest with each other!" She managed to work the clasp with one hand and set the dainty looking necklace down on his chest. She shifted off to the side and steadily got to her feet.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:26 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

"C-Callisto...it's not a matter of me using magic. It's a matter of me being an idiot. I did something to you I swore I wouldn't do, and I haven't used that technique in a long time. I let it get out of hand, and I'm sorry. The reason I considered leaving, is I figured you wouldn't want to deal with me after that."

Leon stayed where Callisto had put him, borderline at the breaking point.

"I'm not upset at the quality of the match. I'm upset that I acted like that and hurt in what should've been casual."

He got up and followed her a short distance before stopping her, and standing in front.

"I guess...this is further proof why I need you. You're better than me in so many ways, and if you hate me for acting like this, I understand. But...I'm sorry."  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:01 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She stood next to him, listening to his explanation as she dusted her dress off. She could see how upset he was, but regardless she was still angry. Her hand felt had gotten stiff. It was difficult to move her fingers and when she tried, the pain was difficult to bear. The skin over it was visibly swollen. She put one hand on her hip, leaving the other relaxed by her side. She worked with her hands and this injury might mean she couldn't work. "Then tell me what that was and why you even tried to do it. Magic or a technique? If you aren't ending this relationship then explain yourself." She was glaring up at him through her sunglasses, thoroughly annoyed by this entire situation. She hated the back and forth. He was acting like he was leaving, then came back and told her he needed her. They'd only known each other for a short while so how had he become so attached and why to her? Was it related to what the fortune teller had said? That he had lost his home? Or that confusing nonsense about his 'house of body' and decorating, whatever that meant. What exactly wasn't he saying and why wouldn't he just come out and say it?!

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:33 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"That technique is called Soul of Focus. It's a power I learned from a vampire a long time ago. The whole concept of it is to give the user the strength of a vampire for a short period of time. I used it in the first place to try and even out the difference in physical strength. However, it's heavily influenced by emotion. If I'm not calm...well, you saw what happened. Here's let me show you."

Leon carefully took her injured hand and channeled the blue energy from before. This time, he was calm, collected, and almost calculative. He continued to push energy into her hand, slowly healing the damage he had done.

"Callisto, in a very short time, you've shown me what its like to have someone you care about more than anything. The reason I considered leaving, is because I figured you wouldn't want me around after something like that. But in a reality...I think I really do love you. And it broke my heart to see that I had hurt you, although unintentional."

Leon's aura faded away as he finished healing her hand. It wasnt fully healed, and would take a day or two to settle down, but he had reduced the overall damage by quite a bit.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:37 pm
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She looked at him incredulously after he mentioned a vampire. She didn't know what one was, though the word sounded familiar to her. Was it something she'd been told about before coming to the surface? She didn't remember. But with him carelessly resorting to using magic to defeat her she was hesitant to trust him again anyway. She wondered if he was even human or if he was just pretending. Was this a test of some kind? She also didn't believe a whatever it was would teach him something like that for no reason.

User Image When he reached for her injured hand she immediately grasped onto his throat. She didn't trust him but was perplexed and a bit relieved when he wasn't trying to crush her hand into oblivionagain. She scowled and pulled her hand away as he released it. She took a step away from him and looked at her hand. The pain was basicallygone and a little test told her she could move her fingers freely again. She knew she should be happy with the improvement but she was still angry that it had even happened in the first place.

User Image She eyed him suspiciously as she considered his confession of love. She didn't know if it was a human custom to test a partner like this or what. If one loved another it didn't make sense to her that one could kill them just because they were losing a fight. But looking at him, it seemed that he meant what he was saying. He looked wounded, in pain from something other than the bruises and small cuts she'd inflicted upon him.

User Image She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. She brought a hand to her forehead, conflicted over what to do.She didn't want to leave him, especially now when he was so vulnerable. But she didn't want to die. Could she come out of such a relationship alive? Shat if he got all pissed off about whatever and attacked her again? What if it was a surprise attack when she was asleep? Why did she feel like she wouldn't mind dealing with that if he went crazy again? She'd just have to deal with it later. She groaned, frustrated.

User Image
"Okay, Leon. I think we should stay together if you really mean that. I told you I'm tougher than I look, didn't I? I'm not giving up on the idea of sparring with yiu again, just next time let's figure out a way to avoid killing each other. I really liked seeing how you move and, honestly, it was a lot of fun. I like your kicks--not in a perverted way! I admire your strength. Thanks for not holding back... and I'm sorry too for trsating our match like a game. Fighting isn't flirting and I understand that now... We're both all messed up. Let's just go back, okay?" She was referring to the dirt and sand on their clothes and in their hair. They were both sweaty and disheveled looking. Her once intricate braid was a loose mess and sand was sticking to her lipstick.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon smiled, relieved.

"To be honest, there's one more stop I'd like to make, but I kind of want it to be a surprise. Wait here for just a couple minutes."

Leon ran over, picking up the necklace, then ran back to the entrance to the coast. A vendor was located a short way from the coast, and was selling a special something that Leon thought would serve as a small apology, and as a great ending to the day. The vendor gave him an odd look, seeing his injuries, but gladly accepted the money.

Leon ran back with a small bag of something in his hand, smiling all the way. He walked over to Callisto, beckoning her to sit on the beach with him.

"Callisto, I know I'm stupid, and I don't trust people. But...I had fun today, for all its twists and turns. So..."

Leon paused, and pulled out a couple colorful popsicles, offering one to her.

"Here's to an odd day, and a better one tomorrow...together."  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:14 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image "Huh? Wait!" She sighed, being too late to stop him and once again left behind. As she watched him leave she had mixed feelings. She wanted to continue knowing him and dating him. But she knew that if she did she might not be able to see much of the world. There were places she couldn't go anyway due to her appearance. But she feared her options might be a bit more limited if she stayed with Leon. That and she was worried about when he'd next get worked up and start using his technique. It was only when they were fighting so she hoped that was the only time he'd start using. There would be no reason to otherwise, right? If they'd played cards last night and he'd lost would that make him upset? It only happened when he wanted to use it? But why use it in a friendly fight when he's not emotionally grounded? It seemed like a simple thing which she should understand but she was hesitant to just accept anything about that.

User Image She began to untangle her long hair and weave it into another, much simpler braid as she continued to ponder over this new problem.
Problem? She recalled their intense exchange earlier in front of the fortune teller. He was incredibly worried about something then. The elder had said that it was something he was afraid of sharing and she remembered that in the end he wanted to keep it to himself. He'd said that he was afraid of people hunting her down for information if he told her. Had he done something wrong? Did that mean the fear the fortune teller mentioned was the one where someone ended up hurt? Was that why he'd come here alone? He was a friendly, overall nice guy who she thought was pretty easy to get along with. So, as she considered it for the first time, it was weird for him to be alone. Where he'd come from he'd said they hunted non-humans but he'd also told her that he didn't have people he was close to. So was it that no one wanted to come here with him?

User Image He was fun to be around and sweet, in his own way. Even if he was a bit dangerous. Who wouldn't want to go on all sorts of adventures with him? It didn't make a lot of sense to her that he'd be alone, but he was. But the dangerous secret he was keeping... She wondered if it was related to the magic he'd used against her? Humans were generally pretty weak, Leon being an exception in her eyes. The non-human hunters would probably want to use something like that. So, was he really being hunted? She frowned, getting worked up on her own. She was glad to have told him already that his enemies were hers too now. If they were stupid enough to go after him, she'd be sure to rip them to pieces too! She was so distracted by these thoughts that it took her a second to notice that he was coming back. When she did, she noticed that he was still smiling. He must've looked out of place wherever it was he'd gone. Yet she got the impression that didn't bother him at all. She smiled brightly in return, tilting her head curiously as he asked her to sit down with him. She hadn't doubted for a moment that he would eventually come back, fully trusting him now that she'd calmed down.

User Image She took a seat next to him, her legs together and folded by her side. She couldn't help but laugh at the sight of the popsicles and accepted the one he'd offered to her.
"You're sweet, Leon. How long have you been wanting to try one of these?" She's seen people of varying ages enjoying these and so she knew that it was food of some kind. She hadn't tried them yet, since most of the time when she went to coast she'd a hard time fighting the compulsion to go for a swim. She tapped it against his, mimicking the gesture she'd seen human make when they were toasting a drink. She waited for him to start eating his, then imitated him. She didn't want to ask, since she knew she'd already asked plenty of him and would certainly keep asking him later. Her eyes widened a bit, surprised by the sweetness. She looked at it, turning it in her fingers. "Such a strange food. I wonder who it was who invented it..."

User ImageShe glanced at him briefly and then looked away to the water. She felt like she'd said something silly. So she tried to change the subject.
"You know.. Yesterday you told me that you didn't mind if I kept things from you... I'm grateful for that, Leon. There are things I'm not ready to say, but I promise you that nothing from my past is dangerous. No one I knew is going to come after you because of me. It's nothing like that. I know I've said something like it already but if there are things you don't want to tell me, for whatever reason, I'm okay with it too... For now. I tried to prove today that I can handle it, but I forgot that it's different up here. I'll wait until you feel like you can trust me. Really, I'd like it if someday you could. I'm okay with waiting. Right now getting to know the things about you that you're comfortable with sharing--that's enough. For now." She was going to further explain her reasoning for sparring with him, but figured she shouldn't. It was another cultural difference and one that was embarrassing, since it differed so much from the sort of relationship they had now.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:02 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"To be honest, there isn't much else I have to share. The bulk of it surrounds the origins, and uses of the Soul of Focus. It only triggers when I want it to, but it is heavily affected by emotions. Back there, it was a sense of desperation to even the strength gap. As a result, I was panicked, and it got out of hand. It's a work in progress. It increases my speed, reflexes, and strength by an exponential amount, but can cause some serious health issues if used for the full duration. I've even been close to dying once before when hunting down a psychotic werewolf that was terrorizing our city. That's pretty much it. Oh, and it has another name I tend to use. It's called Fokasu no Tamashi."

Leon had never given this much information on the technique he had sworn never to abuse. But he trusted Callisto, and wanted to be honest with her.

"In terms of other secrets, I can't say I have any others. But, there are a couple personal things I don't like sharing...just because they're embarrassing."

Leon laughed a bit at his last comment.

"It's weird talking to someone like this. I guess I'm not used to...you know, opening up."

The sun had began to move toward the horizon, signifying they had eaten up more time than they thought. It certainly wasn't late, but it had definitely become later in the afternoon. Leon watched as Callisto shifted her focus to the water, and he couldn't help but stare a little. He turned a little red, and looked away again.

"Callisto, it's already been one hell of a journey. I can't wait to see what others we have."

Leon had finished his popsicle pretty quickly, and moved a little closer. He laid down fully in the sand, the popsicle stick still hanging out of his mouth somewhat like a toothpick. He had a grin on his face, looking at the sky starting to turn slightly orange.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image At first his continued explanation made her want to know more about this technique until he mentioned nearly dying. It wasn't unusual for a warrior to die in combat. She didn't know what a werewolf was either but it had to be seriously tough for him to feel... desperate enough to use that technique. She didn't know his reasons for using it but could understand a bit why he would. But the mention of him nearly dying because of it, or the werewolf, made her uncomfortable. She glanced over at him again as she saw him move and eyed him a bit. He looked pretty happy right now considering the sort of conversation they were having. Far from how worried he'd been earlier. Seeing his grin made her smile a bit too though she couldn't shake the concern she felt about the consequences of his technique. "I fee the same... I'm glad I met you, Leon." She was quiet as she finished her popsicle, eating slowly as she wasn't used to sweets. Then she put it down at her other side and leaned back until she was laying down next to him. She looked up at the sky through the lenses of her sunglasses, seeing the change in color as day shifted to night. When it was dark outside it would be a bit challenging to go around with him. Out at the coast she hadn't been that worried about encountering anyone but inside the village she needed to hide her markings. She'd have to keep covered up unless they were somewhere brightly lit. "You're really fast... I never thought a human could be as fast as you are. I had to let you hit me in order to strike you back. You even had time to tease me. So, I think you make a strong enough opponent even without your Soul of Focus. How much of that is your martial arts? Or do you just have marvelous legs." She was completely fine with being right next to him, thinking nothing of it. She was more or less just trying to hint at using the technique less. Although she couldn't deny that she wanted to try fighting him again while he was using that technique, just to feel the difference. She knew that it would be more inconvenience than it was worth and there was always the chance that she'd lose everything if they did. She wasn't sure she could comfortably suggest doing that considering how upset he'd been about it before.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces